“Fair Value..but not at website prices.”
Review of Hotel Stotsenberg

Hotel Stotsenberg
sydney
“Fair Value..but not at website prices.”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I paid a discount rate via Agoda....the 6000+peso price quoted on the web site is plainly ludicrous...you'd be stupid to pay it.

I chose the hotel for the pool, features and gym and I was not dissapointed. Gym, pool casino etc all very good.

Wi -fi. not really, Front desk understaffed ....as others have said.

Unlike others I found Twist Cafe had good staff and reasonable food BUt if there is a big function on later that day, don't expect service.
Room service + laundry were fine. Casino was good. Nightly entertainment was good, grounds were good.

i rented a motorbike so distance was not a problem for me but , be warned , this place is F A R from most things. Shuttle service at 300p is quite good.

Another poster mentioned the special chinese NY deal...some of these deals looked like good value +I'd be happy to try .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank martindemo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Angeles City
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Friends and I are looking for a place to stay to celebrate the Chinese New Year, and fortunately, we had a glimpse of this flier at our favorite boutique somewhere in Angeles City. At an amazing offer of P3,888.00 net, we can already enjoy an overnight stay and everything that comes with it. We called reservations and as a former call center officer, the lady on the phone was able to answer all our queries and closed a deal for an executive suite on February 03.

We came in early at around lunch time and to our surprise, we were welcomed by their front office staff in their Chinese costumes and greeted us Happy New Year in Chinese. Upon endorsing us for check - in, in less than a minute we already have our key cards, since it was already prepared for us prior to our arrival (no further minutes wasted) and just paid our dues right away with receipts (these guys are tax payers! ^_^ ) and allowed us for an early checked-in (i so love it!).

Their Front Office Staff invited us to their lobby area so we could watch the exhibition of the Dragon and Lion and offered crystal charms for good luck, and its for free! They even served complimentary drinks upon arrival which made us extra special that day, which other hotels don't usually offer unless asked. This is exactly the celebration we need.

Upon being assisted to our room, their front office staff were very polite to discuss to us the house rules and numbers to dial if case we need anything. He even mentioned about their activities for that day and if we are available we can join the activities and an appreciation lunch being served with Chinese Cuisine.

We obliged, and went for lunch which was extended until 2:30pm since people are coming back and forth. The food was great and their staff will make you feel like a VIP. A buffet lunch for P550net, not bad for the kind of service and food served freshly cooked, compare to other hotel offers at almost P1000 plus service charge.

After the sumptuous lunch, we decided to tour the facilities and to my surprise, it is bigger than we expected. The pool was very beautiful and learned a trivia that Hotel Stotsenberg was Villa Aldama in one of GMA 7's teleserye characterized by Marian Rivera. We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon at the pool area and played billiards. Other amenities comes free, when you are checked in, unlike other hotel that you have to pay extra to use the pool, the gym and other stuff.

Since, we're used to GY shifts, we planned to go out for a drink or two, but upon stepping out of our executive suite, we saw the this park located at the center of the hotel with their colorfully lighted fountain. End of story, we decided to stay and just ordered in house drinks and enjoyed the serenity of the place.

Sleeping was never an issue. Aside from those guest who are inconsiderate to be noisy at the hall ways. Over all, we were able to relax and celebrate. It was a blast!

I would definitely go back to this hotel, especially if they have promos.
Price: Affordable!
Food: Perfect!
Location: Wonderful!
Facilities: Extravagant!
Freebies during Promos: EXCELLENT!

Oh! By the way, the pastries at their Hacienda outlet is superb! This is my standard of cheesecake!

Thank you Hotel Stotsenberg! See you soon...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank pao_gonzales
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed there for a 3 day business trip. Nice room, very clean grounds and very friendly staff. Low pressure on the toilets, so they dont want you to flush toilet paper (kinda gross but norm for the Philippines). Not bad at all. Makes me miss Christmas time with all the music they play in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mjacostausmc
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We were able to get a big room/suite so the kids and yayas that the hotel staff found for us were able to plan and hang out, the pool was great and we spent hours there, it was close to the shopping and a big spa, the casino in the hotel did not interest me but did other family members. As a group at the hotel going back and forth to relatives homes nearby the back and forth worked out ok and eventually people all gravitated to the hotel vs. traffic and parking issues in town and we had fun, basically taking over the lobby and restaruants since we were 6 adults and 3 kids and a couple babysitters. I also liked being able to take an early morning safe and relaxing walk every morning vs. in town, impossible!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sunnyt672
quezon city
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I wrote a review last month i think on hotel vida, now its a whole lot diffrent story staying in hotel stotsenberg. First of, upon checking in me and my kids have to walk about 30-40 meters from the concierge to our room which is on the 2nd floor, the room is just a regular room bathroom is very spacious, but the closet and mini bar/pantry is so tight! you have to wait for the person to finish before geting your stuff at the closet, price for that room is not very far from the price of hotel vida, which is way way to far in terms of roomyness and comfyness hehe.

After settling inside the room, as usual my kids wanna go to the pool already, so we have to walk around 25-30 meters to the pool, the corridors is hot not even a single fan and the windows are closed! The pool is ok, very big lots of curves and slides, but its not well maintained, the swimingpool floor is full of dirt and dead leaves, the pool man only cleaning whats on the surface of the water, but my kids didnt care of course, they had a lot of fun.

The pool area have a gym which is a great gym! and it has a snack bar, food is quite delicious, the kapangpangan pizza is really good! so when i called for the bill i payed and found out there is a 10% service charge which is fine for me, so we i just hang out there watching the nba playoffs while the wife, yaya and the kids are in the pool, then after about an hour my kids got hungry again and they like to eat ice cream coz they saw the colorful freezer outside with lots of ice cream inside, so they all grab one for each of them, then they bill came and another 10% service charge! so i ask the waiter, what service charge?? my kids and myself all served ourselves! he took our own ice cream then they gona charge us with a 10% service charge?? ive talk to the person in charge named mario, and he told me he cant do nuthing about it, hotel policy.

Ok, so by night the pool is very diffrent! lots of crawling insects including cockraoches are on the surface and no poolman cleaning them. there is also a casino but as ive said on my previous review im not into casinos so i didnt check it out. went out instead to our favorite korean restaurant outside clark air base. theres nuthing much to do at that hotel execpt for some R&R, but id really rather have R&R at the hotel vida! with a free buffet breakfast! Unlike here at stotsenberg no complimentary breakfast at all!

My sister and her family followed us the same day that day! she didnt had a good time! she changed room twice coz the aircondtioning is not working! by the 2nd time she changed room by morning her aircon in her room made loud noises by morning, so the hotel staff tried to persuede her to change room again for the 3rd time but she didnt want to coz we were checking out already and heading to subic to meet up with our brother and mom. so we checked out early around 8am and never looked back! so think twice before staying at stotsenberg ok folks? Oh btw i forgot to mention, no free wifi!!!! arrgghh!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dragster180

Travelers are raving about these Clark Freeport Zone hotels

philippines
Reviewed April 6, 2010

It was in their heading.."Hotel Stotsenberg ...genuine filiipino hospitality". No filipino hospitality there man. I know it was holy week holiday and our sudden urge to go spontaneous meant looking for rooms in a fully booked town. Well they said they have rooms. We asked for an executive suite. We asked if we could see it. On our way to the executive room we were told it wasn't available. So what the heck were we doing viewing it? Well we were told maybe there would be cancellations so if we could just wait. So we waited and waited. After what seemed like an hour and with lunch looming we went to see what was going on. They told us only de luxe rooms were available. No apologies for making us wait and it seems as if they would not have informed us if we didn't go up to the front desk. Having no other options we took the bait. We were traveling with another family with 2 children. I was with my husband and my 6 year old.The key card was not working so we had it changed. It was 34 deg outside so we waited in our rooms to cool off and decided to go to the pool later that afternoon.The ac in our room was leaking. It has soaked the floor and even our daughter's bag.
That afternoon the kids went swimming while we parents chatted up beside the pool. Our two children were goofing around when the boy slipped in the part of the pool that was sloping deeper. The boy almost drowned. Fortunately we saw him soon enough that our husbands ran in to pull him out of the pool. What if we didn't see it soon enough? Where was the lifeguard in all this?
That evening we were undecided if we would eat in the restaurant or in our room. So we went to the resto and asked if we could have the food delivered to our rooms instead. We all fell asleep waiting for our food. At around 11 pm my friend's children woke up hungry. Their father was furious and demanded that the food be delivered to their room.My family and I went to sleep tired and hungry but I woke up to our bed making noises like boards banging. My husband was a fairly big man so the sound was disturbing enough.
We only checked in for a night and decided to extend our stay. (No options people really! If there was you think we'd stay there?).Before we went out the next morning we informed the front desk of our desire to stay another day. By the way when we checked in and paid for our room they said they'll give us our receipt when we check out. Ok..
That afternoon when we came back, I had my husband get the key card from the front desk. I had a call in the middle of my afternoon nap asking if we were extending our stay. I asked her why she wasn't updated when we've already informed the front desk of our extended stay. The girl told me she already knew but that since we haven't paid it wasn't confirmed.So why was she asking if we were going to stay? I asked her why she didn't tell my husband to pay earlier when he came to get the key card.UH DUH!!! I told her I would pay later on that afternoon. Still no receipt when I paid for another night's stay. Later when we check out, they said. Early morning there was a slip in my door telling us in a diplomatic way that we are to vacate the room at exactly 12 pm. We already have plans of checking out early.You think we'll punish ourselves more? what the...
I've stayed in other hotels before where you could charge anything to your room. They want it in cash. By the way, all the time that we were transacting with them there was no pleasantness nor smiles for us but with the foreigners they were greeted with a smile and with such courtesy. That's filipino hypocrisy for you. How can we be hospitable to foreigners when we can't be hospitable to our own fellowmen? I actually am half kapampangan so when they spoke in kampampangan in front of me, not knowing I understood them, I was clearly insulted. We had to ask for the receipt when we checked out. They reacted as if to ask us why we needed the receipt. BIR please call attention to this hotel who clearly is not giving out receipts unless you ask for them. Horrors!!!

• Stayed March 2010
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Actually friend from L.A. recommended me to this hotel. She said they had a great time with her family. So, I took her advice. The rooms were luxurious, an Italian ambience I would say. It's like staying in Milan or in Spain, not only the rooms but the whole property itself. Their online booking was very helpful, and the rates was just enough for the extra mile service coming from their staff. We surely had a great time relaxing, you must also try their in-house massage! Food was great, my kids love it! Don't miss their pool either....

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank Balikbayan_again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clark Freeport Zone
Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark
Quest Hotel and Conference Cente...
#3 of 10 in Clark Freeport Zone
#8 of 10 in Clark Freeport Zone
Red Planet Angeles City
Red Planet Angeles City
#2 of 69 in Angeles City

Been to Hotel Stotsenberg? Share your experiences!