“Very clean, comfortable and friendly hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark

and 1 more site!
Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark
England
“Very clean, comfortable and friendly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2009

I have just returned to the UK from a road trip from Manila north to Baguio and the surrounding areas. I have been to the Philippines many times previously and regularly stay at Holiday Inn’s in the UK. Being my first visit to the Holiday Inn Clark Field I was unsure if this hotel would match up to it’s western counterparts; I was pleasantly surprised!

Stayed 3rd and 6th February 2009. We had two deluxe rooms on each of the nights, one smoking and one non-smoking.

The hotel has been recently renovated and this appears fundamentally complete with the exception of the final scenic lift as mentioned in other reviews. On booking with the hotel I asked for assurance that the work was complete and received email confirmation from the manager. On checking in the manager, Mr. Antonio Hernandez Canovas, came out to welcome us to his hotel and to ensure that our stay was comfortable which I appreciated.

The rooms were of a good size as described on their website with ample facilities for a comfortable stay. Everything worked well; the hot shower was excellent; the posturepeadic bed extremely comfortable, the large LCD TV great and the English breakfast tea welcome.

The general hotel all seemed to be in good order with regard to the outdoor pool, business area with internet access, great children’s room, pool and lounge bars, restaurant, pastries counter and many other facilities as you’d expect.

It is a little remote from the any nightlife but this may appeal to many guests. The hotel car to town is 300PHP each way which we found to be a very prompt and efficient transfer 24/7.

KLM managed to loose my bags for a couple of days and had to send on. The hotel assisted with providing toiletries and offered to help me buy new clothing. They chased the courier for me and took delivery of my bag while I continued my vacation. They couldn’t have done more!

This hotel may not be for everyone as it is very large but it does retain a comfortable and friendly atmosphere as the staff are always available in the background. I would highly recommend if you want a clean, comfortable and friendly stay.

Our thanks to the staff and management for the best stay we had outside of Manila.

• Liked — High standards
  • Disliked — Could be cheaper
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jez8536

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

This hotel is great to stay. Very conveniently located to the Clark International Airport, approximately 5 to 10 mins drive, yet boast of quietness and lots of space.
The hotel just undergone refurbishments in the rooms and main areas. Rooms are clean and neat and overall ambience is soft. .The service staff are friendly and approachable as they greet you everywhere you go. When I mentioned that they have missed something on my room service menu, the staff brough it to my room immediately even though the item is not chargeable. I also get a chance to feedback on my dine in menu.

• Liked — Service, cleanliness and convenience to airport
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Tokyochicgal
Manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2008

Ok so the renovation is done (mostly, one elevator remains closed and the other one is still the same tired one from my last stay there).

Room quality remains just ok. I like the LCD tv and the laptop sized room safe. The decor is, admittedly, more modern. The green paint on the room walls does nothing for me though. A bit baffling is that, one week I stayed there, my room had no prints on the wall but did have a bathrobe, slippers and a stocked fridge. During my second (back-to-back) stay, the room had prints on the wall but no bathrobe or slippers and an empty fridge. No big thing but why the differences? In all other respects, the rooms were exactly the same size and were supposed to be of the same standard.

Greatest source of dissapointment, save for brighter lighting, the bathrooms have remained essentially the same. Water pressure is still relatively weak and the formica bathroom countertop remains. Worse, bathroom cleaning standards are not up to par. Rather than being spotless, the bathroom fixtures (faucets, bathroom mirror, etc.) retain their splatter spots, even after the room's supposedly been cleaned. Why can't we have gleaming? What makes gleaming so hard to achieve?

Food quality remains up to expectations. The congee on offer during breakfast was great. Rodizzo still has some of the best pork sausages I've tasted this side of the world. However, when we did eat there... the server seemed to have a mysterious aversion to serving our table. Another server had to take pity on us before we got additional food on top of the first round of meats.

All in all, while the rooms are, post-renovaiton, nicer and fresher, I still really wish they'd hugely upgraded the bathrooms and the water system. That they did not is a pity.

• Liked — It's the best accomodation available at Clark Field
  • Disliked — It's the best accomodation available at Clark Field
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank PhTravelling_Guy
HolidayInnClark, Antonio Hernandez Canovas - General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark, responded to this review, December 11, 2008
X'mas greetings from Clark!

Receive my appreciation and gratitude for taking the time to share with us your latest experience in our hotel.

The management team of the hotel has been briefed about your feedback and each one of the points mentioned is currently being addressed including the water pressure from the new shower heads.

The scenic elevator shall be completed in early January; once this lift is completed we will proceed with the last lift.

Although 95% of renovation is completed, there are a number of minor touches to be addressed as we discover them including the hanging of the art work in a few rooms.

I look forward having you back in Clark during your next trip to Pampanga and personally meet if your agenda allows.

Cheers,

Antonio Hernandez Canovas
pasadena,ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

There are many problems with this hotel, though it could be the best quality of the area. My 1st room had no wireless signal but a good view. They are doing renovations so the smells are terrible, even in the room. The pool could be nice for families, but is very dirty. It is in a resort compound which is beautiful, but this means very isolated. You must take a taxi to do anything. The rooms are also dirty, but the bed is good. Internet and phone rates are high, as expected.

• Liked — ?
  • Disliked — construction
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
HolidayInnClark, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark, responded to this review, October 1, 2008
Greetings from Clark!

We very much appreciate & welcome all guest comments and feedback.

I very much sympathize with your experience and understand the ocassional distress related to certain renovation works.

Over 95% of the renovation works will be completed within this week.

I will be glad to have opportunity to welcome you back to the newly renovated Holiday Inn.

You will certainly expeirence the best hospitality in Pampanga.

With best regards,

Antonio
Dallas TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

We arrived to Holiday Inn Resort Clark Field around 11:30AM. Since check in time is about 3PM, our relocation agent had to have a serious conversation trying to convince the Hotel Manager to be more flexible. We stood around, breathed in the smell of the burning varnish and musty smell **the hotel back door was wide open to take in the humidity and tropical... scents due to the major renovation. The burning varnish smell became so unbearable but luckily, we were allowed to check in.

We had 2 rooms on the fourth floor. Looking at the ceiling hall, we detected several black mold spots; on the floor, the wet areas of the carpet started to produce foul odor. In our bathroom, the shower curtain was also smelly (sorta like old/wet clothings smell). We decided not to take a shower at all!

We made some coffee. Nescafe was not bad. Next day, our used cup of coffee was still laying around, eventhough the bed was made nicely. Oh! We also found on the floor, a comment card from the previous guest and took a picture of it.

When going to the lobby asking for a pen. The response from the hotel receptionist was: "This is the only pen I have, can't give!"

The cafeteria was nicely decorated but there were black ants happily roaming the table. Food was ok but we got bored on the second day. There was one afternoon, at 3:15PM we came for lunch. The Manager stopped our kids from having the buffet since they would close the buffet at 3:30PM. After I pointed to him that the sign said "3:30PM", he agreed to let the kids have their meal.

One thing I dont understand. Holiday Inn claimed "Kids eat free" policy but we still have to pay for our kids' meals. We were granted 1(one) free breakfast coupon per room for each day. So my husband ate and I looked! :O)

Here are the ratings:

Room service: **
Hotel Cleanliness: zero
Food: *
Lobby Service: zero
Overall Comfort: *
Safety: ****

• Liked — Convenience and safety
  • Disliked — cleanliness and customer service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank lou_Dallas
Antipolo City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2008

Our family loves to spend a few days here regardless if it's a week day or weekend. The same peace and charming ambiance makes us feel relaxed and laid back as the kids can freely and safely roam around the villa surroundings. They can swim to their hearts content at the hotel pool, have fun at the kid's play room or at the playground. While the oldies get soothing massage at the hotel spa or simply stay and hibernate inside the hotel or villa. This place is best for kids!!!

• Liked — Great for the family
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
#1 of 70 in Angeles City
Lewis Grand Hotel
Lewis Grand Hotel
#37 of 70 in Angeles City

Been to Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark? Share your experiences!