I have just returned to the UK from a road trip from Manila north to Baguio and the surrounding areas. I have been to the Philippines many times previously and regularly stay at Holiday Inn’s in the UK. Being my first visit to the Holiday Inn Clark Field I was unsure if this hotel would match up to it’s western counterparts; I was pleasantly surprised!
Stayed 3rd and 6th February 2009. We had two deluxe rooms on each of the nights, one smoking and one non-smoking.
The hotel has been recently renovated and this appears fundamentally complete with the exception of the final scenic lift as mentioned in other reviews. On booking with the hotel I asked for assurance that the work was complete and received email confirmation from the manager. On checking in the manager, Mr. Antonio Hernandez Canovas, came out to welcome us to his hotel and to ensure that our stay was comfortable which I appreciated.
The rooms were of a good size as described on their website with ample facilities for a comfortable stay. Everything worked well; the hot shower was excellent; the posturepeadic bed extremely comfortable, the large LCD TV great and the English breakfast tea welcome.
The general hotel all seemed to be in good order with regard to the outdoor pool, business area with internet access, great children’s room, pool and lounge bars, restaurant, pastries counter and many other facilities as you’d expect.
It is a little remote from the any nightlife but this may appeal to many guests. The hotel car to town is 300PHP each way which we found to be a very prompt and efficient transfer 24/7.
KLM managed to loose my bags for a couple of days and had to send on. The hotel assisted with providing toiletries and offered to help me buy new clothing. They chased the courier for me and took delivery of my bag while I continued my vacation. They couldn’t have done more!
This hotel may not be for everyone as it is very large but it does retain a comfortable and friendly atmosphere as the staff are always available in the background. I would highly recommend if you want a clean, comfortable and friendly stay.
Our thanks to the staff and management for the best stay we had outside of Manila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quest Hotel and Conference Center, Clark is a 4 star hotel with an affordable lifestyle. It aims to combine the value of premium budget hotels with unique and inspiring designs, creative hospitality concepts and state of the art technology for travelers seeking a stylish and unpretentious working environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Clark Field Hotel Clark Freeport Zone
- Holiday Inn Clark Field
- Holiday Inn San Fernando Pampanga
- San Fernando Pampanga Holiday Inn
- Quest Hotel And Conference Center Clark Philippines/Angeles City