“Breakfast Buffet at its Best!”
Review of Mequeni Restaurant - CLOSED

Mequeni Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Pampanga's finest restaurant offers an extensive daily breakfast; lunch and dinner buffet and a la carte menu with its unique show kitchens and live cooking concept that showcases Eastern and Western cuisine. Dine indoors in a classy old Kapampangan mansion setting or enjoy al fresco dining by the garden or poolside.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

WOW! Staying at the Holiday Inn Clark is just simply divine because of this hotel where you get the best Kapampangan Cuisine at its best. It is complete from soup to carving! Everything is perfect!!!!

2  Thank crispypata

Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Buffet is so yummy, its like eating all around the world, , its so good that you cant just stop looking , its pricey but its reasonable, you can eat for hours, service is good to,

3  Thank gracey25ph
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Always enjoy my visit to this restaurant. The staff is very friendly.
Peter, Rex, Floyd, Alex, June always make my dining experience pleasurable. Have been coming here for five years for business and leisure and have never been dissapointed.

3  Thank Crispin G
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My GF and I decided to have breakfast at the Mequeni Restaurant locating within the Holiday Inn (Clark Free Trade Zone) on the Philippines Independence Day, June 12, 2012. Since this day fell on a Tuesday, the crowd was surprising light for this holiday. (Note: If the holiday had fallen on a three-day weekend, the restaurant would have been quite crowded with folks escaping from Manila.) We arrived about 9 am and there was plenty of seating available, as the restaurant was about half filled. The Mequeni (loosely translated means "Welcome" in the Kapampangan language) Restaurant had an air of cleanliness and a wonderful ambiance. The piped-in music was pleasantly dialed down, so it did not drown out our conversation. There is an entire glass wall which looks out to a well-landscaped courtyard. You also have your choice to sit at either a booth or table. The food selection appealed to both my Western and my GF's Asian palate/tastes. The food is a self-serve, buffet format, however, all food selections have an appealing presentation, appropriate temperature, and are well stocked. I had ordered a custom-made omelet, however, I did not have to wait for it to be cooked: it was delivered to our table, and it was expertly prepared. I noticed that there was ample supervisory/management on the floor to ensure everything was done to their high standards. We stuffed ourselves silly with our delicious breakfast, which subsequently also served as our brunch because of the amount of food we consumed. Healthy Hint: go walk it off at the nearby old Air Force parade ground afterward! (There is a paved path that is shaded by huge trees.) If you are a caffeine addict, like me, you will find that their brewed coffee is excellent! If you are a "local" resident, you may want to consider purchasing the Holiday Inn's "Priority Privilege" Card (PP 6,000), which provided us with a 50% discount on our meal; as well as discounts for hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn, Intercontinental Hotel, and the Crown Plaza. Please note your room discount will vary by location, room selection, and availability. The total cost of our breakfast banquet, which included a 20% service charge, came to a reasonable total of PP 829.10 (about USD $19.00), and was worth every peso. By comparison, the Diamond Hotel, Manila, charges PP 1,000 per person for breakfast. Yes, it is much more expensive than the Clark McDonald's or JolliBee, but there is simply no comparison to the food selection, quality, and friendly service. (As an expat retiree, I already had my fill of eating bad food during my military career, thank you.) Since the Holiday Inn Clark is in the same league of the 5-star Intercontinental Hotel (nearest location is in Makati, Manila), I would like this opportunity to point out a few minor annoyances: 1) please offer your dining guests milk/creamers for their coffee--there were none in the restaurant; 2) please stock artificial sweetener (i.e., Splenda) on the table for diabetics and guests who rather not eat that white rat poison called sugar; 3) please serve water without being asked; 4) and for goodness sake, please provide free Wi-Fi! In this day and age, it is unacceptable to expect guests to pay PP 250 per hour for access. Despite these little dining faux pas, to paraphrase General Douglas MacArthur, "We shall return!"

6  Thank Mark R
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I've been eating in Mequeni since I was a little girl. Since my family is from the area, we go here most of the time especially when there's a special occasion.

Good value for money if you are a priority privilege club member. Buy 1, Take 1 for the buffet.

If you love sashimi, you should go at dinner time since they don't serve it during lunch.

1  Thank jcd17