“A very good choice in Clark” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Widus Hotel and Casino

You added Widus Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
Widus Hotel and Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   5400 Manuel A. Roxas Highway | Clark Pampanga, Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City, Luzon 2023, Philippines   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Couples Grand Getaway
Meerut, India
“A very good choice in Clark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We, me and my wife recently stay ( on 22 & 23rd July 2014) at this hotel on leisure trip to Manila and Angeles city. We are very much satisfied, the property is in very good neat and clean area, front desk staff is very good, the room was very comfortable, nice relaxing sleep, breakfast was good continental but with little vegetarian choices. They have good swimming pool, but we could not swim because of rains. The hotel has Casino , but you could not tolerate smell of massive smoking, so we left the casino early. We recommend the property to others and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper 4 n 5 the floor are quiet and peaceful for good sleep.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
WidusClark, Executive Secretary / Quality Assurance Officer at Widus Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Dr N K S,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comment on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as we work towards exceeding your expectations.

It will be our pleasure to keep you posted on promotions, discounts and events through Facebook. Like us, facebook.com/widusclark, and be one of the first to know what’s happening. You can even share your beautiful memories of Widus on Facebook.

We look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you again in the near future.

Hannie Quiambao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Marikina, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Nice stay as it is near commercial centers, I was upgraded to a suite and the bed was soft .
The buffet breakfast was okay and front desk staff was friendly.
They had a nice pool but was not able to swim.Casino was nearby but got busy with the meeting.

Room Tip: Bed is nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear emieab,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking time out to post your review about your recent visit with us. We appreciate your feedback as we work towards exceeding your expectations.

Again, many thanks for your visit and comments. We are looking forward to seeing you back again.

Bacolor, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We celebrated my wife's birthday at Widus last November 19, 2013. We watched the concert of John Ford Coley and he relived the songs of the 80s. It is the hottest Concert venue in pampanga currently. What we liked about WIdus is that they have been bringing the Foreign acts/Artists to the Philippines, particularly in Pampanga for the past months and every month they have great artists to feature.The venue was limited, jampacked, and could only accomodate around 200people i supposed. However, its better to watch when the crowd is smaller and the show gets more intimate. The receptionist were kind enough to assist us and reserve tickets for us, 2 days before the event. The tickets cost php1,200.00 per pax but its all worth it, with complimentary popcorn and iced tea. We stroll around before the show and it was nice ambience,it has casino and can check in for overnight.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
WidusClark, Executive Secretary / Quality Assurance Officer at Widus Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Kaizen1975,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking time out to post your review regarding the concert of John Ford Coley last November 19, 2013. We are glad that you enjoyed the show. As for our Widus Convention Center, it can accommodate of up to 640 people for a concert set up.

It will be our pleasure to keep you posted on our upcoming concert, promotions, discounts and events through Facebook. Like us, facebook.com/widusclark, and be one of the first to know what’s happening. You can even share your beautiful memories of Widus on Facebook.

Again, many thanks for your comments.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Was in Clark for the Little League baseball so accommodation was in demand. So lucky we got the Widus, best hotel in Clark, clean, comfortable, friendly helpful staff, great pool with warm towels, best buffet breakfast included with our accommodation. Had a friend join us and was no problem to add an extra bed to the room. Hotel is safe for the solo traveller and also great for families. We brought the whole NZ team over for breakfast.

Room Tip: Tower 2, set back from the road, junior executive which came with 2 double beds, well appointed bath...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dewote
WidusClark, Executive Secretary / Quality Assurance Officer at Widus Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear dewote,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for your wonderful review of Widus Hotel and Casino. We are thankful for all the kind words about our rooms, buffet breakfast, swimming pool and staff. We appreciate your feedback as we work towards exceeding your expectations.

Again, many thanks for your comments. We are looking forward to seeing you back again.

San Fernando Pampanga, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is the second time my family stayed at Widus Hotel and I can say that it is very much worth it. This time, we availed of the membership package because of all the wonderful perks and privileges that accompany it.

As the rainy season has started, my family and I decided not to go out of town and instead, looked for a place to stay where we can enjoy and relax together with our 9-month old baby. We booked a Family Junior Suite room and definitely, this one is the largest room I have ever stayed in a hotel based on its price. It is spacious enough to include a kitchenette, mini bar and sofa set. The booking is included in the membership package as a complimentary room and it was definitely a good catch. There is also a late check-out voucher which we were able to use during our stay.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and we haven't had any difficulties checking in. The breakfast buffet has a lot of food choices (American and Asian) although we weren't able to try all the food since the little one wants to be attended all the time (I really loved their shabu shabu though).

The pool area is also huge and the kids enjoyed their swimming since it was not crowded during that time. You can clearly see from here that the hotel area is landscaped to perfection.

The hotel is being renovated (I believe they are adding another wing) during the time of our stay so parking was a bit difficult since you have to park the vehicle outside the hotel. But this is just fine for us because they are doing something to further improve their facilities.

Overall, I am really happy to be a member of this hotel and will surely recommend it to others who are looking for a perfect place to stay in Clark.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
WidusClark, Executive Secretary / Quality Assurance Officer at Widus Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Jaimes Y,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experience at Widus Hotel and Casino. We truly appreciate your feedback as we work towards exceeding your expectations. We are happy to know that you had a wonderful experience spending your time with us.

It will be our pleasure to keep you posted on promotions, discounts and events through Facebook. Add us, facebook.com/widusclark, as your friend and be one of the first to know what’s happening. You can even share your beautiful memories of Widus on Facebook.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My family and I checked in this hotel for a workshop and during breakfast, the staff were so welcoming and friendly. They were also very caring of the concerns of the guests. The rooms are big and spacious. The only downside is the bathroom where the curtains are a bit old and a bit smelly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Dear docnemie,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking time out to post your review about your recent visit with us. We truly appreciate your feedback as we work towards exceeding your expectations. We have noted your comments regarding our shower curtains. We assure to address your issues to the concerned department.

Again, many thanks for your visit and comments.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had our wedding here this January of 2014. To be honest, this was never on our list when we were considering venues. We are based in the US but grew up and met in Pampanga so we wanted our special day to be in a place that is very special for us. We looked at Grand Palazzo and Fontana - great locations but I was not impressed by the people. My husband was the one who looked at Grand Palazzo during one of his trips back home. He came in a very casual attire on a motorcycle and he said they did not take him seriously. I on the other hand contacted Fontana and also visited in person during my vacation and I was never able to talk to anyone - sent multiple emails, phone calls. It was so frustrating. And then, my super awesome designer informed me about Widus Hotel which I did not think existed. Literally 24 hours after I sent an inquiry email, Ms. Kuks Paras responded to me with such professionalism and she responds to my emails on time. I asked my dad to check out the place when he went on vacation and he was also impressed by the staff's professionalism and the large parking lot. I booked, we got married and I was happy in every aspect of our experience at Widus.

Positive
-Sales/catering team are very professional. Kuks had to go on emergency leave so I was turned over to Ms. Arlyn Meneses who was very pleasant to work with!!!
-Friendly staff. All smiles and always ready to help. GM even greeted and talked to us before check-out
-Food. All our guests raved about the food! It was such a roller-coaster day on our wedding that we didn't get to enjoy much of it but I have to say that I love their BREAKFAST BUFFET that we enjoyed every morning. It was a mix of American and Asian breakfast and we loved, loved the quality and presentation. Salt restaurant menu also has yumminess all over it.
-Ambiance/Banquet Space. It's a very modern space with cool lights and they set up nicely. They were also very accommodating. We have more than the expected guests show up and they were quick to add tables and make extra food
-Clean public ares - swimming pool, lobby, cafe, restaurant are all very clean and presentable
-Rooms/Suites - rooms are more updated and modernized as compared to other prominent Pampanga hotels. I travel quite a lot for work so I tend to be a little snobbish with hotels. I was very comfortable at Widus.
-Thoughtfulness. Our entire entourage stayed with us at Widus and it was so nice that they kept our rooms on the same floor almost next to each other. It made it easier for all of us to meet and discuss wedding stuff. Arlyn was there on my wedding day and assisted me with everything even printing my poems. She was also there to see us at check-out.
-Location. The hotel is located inside the Clark Special Economic Zone so the surroundings are clean and peaceful. It was the perfect place for our reception dinner because it was only 15 minutes away from our church.

I was surprised to see construction in front of the Convention Center when I came so I was a little worried about how it would affect our big day. It didn't interrupt anything except the view so we were totally fine with it. Also, our roasted pigs were chopped up and were not displayed - a little disappointing but we didn't care.

Tips:
Invest on the Widus Membership especially if you live locally. They have good perks and freebies for members - late check-out, discounts, free cake, free use of gym and swimming pool, etc. For Php7,000 per year membership, it was worth it. We got catering discount on the wedding, free junior suite, late check-out, etc.

If you'd like to have a simple yet elegant wedding in Pampanga, go to Widus. You and your guests will be very pleased.

Room Tip: One-bedroom suite if you are staying multiple nights - it has living area, full kitchen and half bat...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
WidusClark, Executive Secretary / Quality Assurance Officer at Widus Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear macytravels,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for writing a wonderful review about us here in Widus Hotel and Casino. We are grateful for your kind words about our staff and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as we work towards exceeding your expectations.

We truly appreciate that you selected Widus Hotel and Casino to be your venue on your wedding day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clark Freeport Zone
Red Planet Angeles City
Red Planet Angeles City
#2 of 70 in Angeles City
4.0 of 5 stars 327 reviews

Been to Widus Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!