“Nice little gem”

Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here after seeing positive reviews here. What an amazing thing to turn a army weapons site into an animal sanctuary. We didn't get to do the bus tour but we drove the loop and loved seeing the prairie dogs. Impressed with their ecofriendly iniatives. Worth the drive from downtown.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

A very interesting area. Lots of wild life including buffalo, deer, elk, birds etc and their museum shows why the arsenal is there before it was a wild life park.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I live near here and actually drive by it almost daily (the area is huge!) so one day, my family and I decided to stop. It is really, really cool! In our area are LOTS of birds of prey, like red-tailed hawks and I have even seen some bald eagles. They have a herd of buffalo and a lake and the education center has some great interactive exhibits with the history of the place when bombs and artillery were made there, as well as the extensive clean-up they had to go through. Really enjoyed it and will be back with a picnic soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

leave your dog at home there is really no place here to let them out but this is a must see the bald eagles the foxes birds deer they are all here and you can fish too

1  Thank Brenda D
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Took my cub scout pack on a field trip and they had a lot of fun. The visitor's center had a little program where they had to answer a sheet of questions (they could find the answers within the info in the visitor's center). They then got to choose a prize if they finished. Helped keep the boys focused on learning rather than just running around and being crazy. We then went on a drive where we were going to hike a trail to find some bison. We found bison along the side of the road, but we could find that trail. I will admit that I am directionally challenged, but I honestly think their map could've been better and more descriptive.