“Wild Life Refuge & Museum”

Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge
Parker, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Wild Life Refuge & Museum”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A very interesting area. Lots of wild life including buffalo, deer, elk, birds etc and their museum shows why the arsenal is there before it was a wild life park.

Visited March 2012

Denver, Colorado USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Very cool-nature and history combined!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I live near here and actually drive by it almost daily (the area is huge!) so one day, my family and I decided to stop. It is really, really cool! In our area are LOTS of birds of prey, like red-tailed hawks and I have even seen some bald eagles. They have a herd of buffalo and a lake and the education center has some great interactive exhibits with the history of the place when bombs and artillery were made there, as well as the extensive clean-up they had to go through. Really enjoyed it and will be back with a picnic soon.

Visited September 2011
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“great place to see wildlife”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

leave your dog at home there is really no place here to let them out but this is a must see the bald eagles the foxes birds deer they are all here and you can fish too

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Brenda D
Thornton, Colorado, United States
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great for Families and Groups of young people”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Took my cub scout pack on a field trip and they had a lot of fun. The visitor's center had a little program where they had to answer a sheet of questions (they could find the answers within the info in the visitor's center). They then got to choose a prize if they finished. Helped keep the boys focused on learning rather than just running around and being crazy. We then went on a drive where we were going to hike a trail to find some bison. We found bison along the side of the road, but we could find that trail. I will admit that I am directionally challenged, but I honestly think their map could've been better and more descriptive.

Visited June 2011
Denver, Colorado
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“KIDS DID A SUMMER CAMP”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My kids did a summer camp here and had a great time. They got to see and learn more about certain wildlife species.

1 Thank CinColo