“Great location, convenient to get to the attractions”

Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South
Ranked #9 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Dallas
“Great location, convenient to get to the attractions”
Reviewed August 10, 2008

This hotel is in a great location. You have a Target close by if you forgot or need anything as well as the fact that there are a few good chain restaurants close by if you want to grab something to eat and not drive far. In fact, you can walk to Carraba's and Outback.

You are just off if I25 but not so close that you get the traffic noise. The accessible room we had was huge. The only downside was that it was a smoking room, but it did not smell too bad. They have only one room with a roll-in shower which we needed, and it happened to be a smoking room. A little air freshener, and the room was fine.

Hotel staff was friendly and the daily breakfast offering was fine. It was not the best I had seen, but it was more than good enough to get your day going.

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — Only accessible room with a roll-in shower was a smoking room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Missouri
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This is a new Hampton Inn in a nice, safe area of town. During our first stay we had an oversize standard room which was huge. We liked it so much we stayed there again on our way home from Colorado. This time we had a regular size standard room which was much smaller , but clean and nice. So, if making reservations, ask if they have an oversize rooms. We did not pay extra for the larger room. The breakfast area is large with the usual variety of Hampton Inn breakfast items-a hot entree each day such as sausage or eggs, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels and toast etc. If they have the hot entree of eggs, bacon and cheese on a bagel try it-it is fabulous! We did not use the indoor pool but it looked fine. The hotel is near the interstate so it never took us more than 20 min to get anywhere we went in Colorado Springs. A Target store, restaurants and movie theater are all in the same complex. The World Arena cain be seen from the hotel. The only negative thing I can say is that our room did not have a refrigerator. To get an in room refrigerator you must have a room with a king size bed and we needed two queen size beds. If I am ever in Colorado Springs we will stay here again.

• Liked — location and newness of facility
  • Disliked — no in room refrigerator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank LucyRMissouri
Kansas
Reviewed July 27, 2008

The reason I say I am a bit confused is because I absolutely refuse to stay anywhere except a Hampton Inn (wherever available). Mainly because I receive wonderful service from the staff anywhere I stay and their "Cloud 9" beds. I love them. Except this time, although I received wonderful service (I am not at all surprised by this), my bed was very uncomfortable. I know I sound prissy but when you leave home and still want to feel comfortable, Hampton Inn has always done this for me. This is what is posing the confusion. Although I never want to stay anywhere else, I am now afraid to book a room at a H I that I have never stayed at before.

I stayed in a 2 queen bed/non-smoking room. It was myself, my husband & my 7 year old. We had plenty of room. We enjoyed the pool, the breakfast and the fact we were close to shopping areas & restaurants. However, it would be great if Hilton would upgrade it so that every room has a refrigerator & microwave.

• Liked — The staff. Everyone was very nice.
  • Disliked — Their Bed??? They are usually very comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, In
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights after escaping from an awful "three star" hotel in Denver. We were in the Springs for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb and the rest of our vacation was planned to be in Denver, but after two nights in Denver we fled to the Hampton Inn back in the Springs.

We thought this hotel was FANTASTIC, of course it is brand new so not much to complain about, but it was still great. The front desk was helpful and friendly. The room (a king studio suite) was clean and spacious with a mini fridge, microwave and counter space with a sink. Awesome flat panel HDTV with HD. The morning breakfast was your average hotel breakfast bar, lots of breads and fruit.

The location on convenient to everything in town, and there is a cinema right next door as well as some decent dining and a Chuck E. Cheese if you have kids.

Our only gripe is that there is not enough guest laundry. There are only two sets of machines on site and you have to wait in line while other peoples wet clothes sit in the machine while they nap!

Over all this is a fantastic hotel so far and next year we will definitely stay out entire trip!

• Liked — free wifi in all rooms, clean, friendly service
  • Disliked — laundry room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Homco
MD
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Stayed for four nights. Hotel has been open only about two months and suffers no wear. I got a relatively small room but was still happy with it.

Breakfast is average Hampton fare, a few hot items and many cold item choices.

Only complaints are that the maid left dusting washcloths in my room and the HVAC is outrageously loud when it cycles on.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business