My husband and I recently spent eight nights at this hotel. It's questionable whether we will return, although the location is convenient to our son's home. Our suite was spacious and fairly well appointed and the room and bathroom were clean. We had a microwave and a small refrigerator, as well as a coffee maker, and, had we not had family nearby, we'd have been happy to have those. Of course, had we not had family nearby, we wouldn't have been there in the first place. Still, they would have been very useful under different circumstances.
We had issues with the air conditioning/ventilation unit. All rooms have independent heating/cooling units, which we are generally very happy to see. Had we been guests during hot or cold weather, things may have been better. During our stay, days were warm and nights were cool. The thermostat in our room did not seem to be accurate, and I believe it might have been replaced near the end of our stay. Even then, however, our choice had to be between "Auto", if we wanted air conditioning, or "Fan" if we wanted air circulation. "Fan" did not seem to bring air into the room from outside, which was unfortunate. We were told that this kind of system had been installed because strong winds would interfere with outside ventilation. As it was, we chose to listen to the fan all night and sometimes get too warm rather than have the air conditioner go on and off all night long.
Housekeeping was generally okay, though a couple of days it was rather spotty. We returned one evening to find the bag of trash from the bathroom left on the nightstand and the towel count short two bath towels and a hand towel. Bryce at the front desk responded immediately with fresh towels. Thank you very much, Bryce. Another time hand towels were not replaced in the bathroom, but that was not really a problem. The last two nights of our stay, we found that the top sheet on the king bed was too small -- probably a queen sheet. My husband and I did battle for sheet shares during those nights; a king sheet would have been very welcome. I noticed that at least one of the four pillows on our bed had an open pillow protector; the zipper pull had disappeared long since. A second pillow's protector was kind of wadded up under the case, though the exposed end of the pillow was covered. I assumed that this protector was also missing its zipper. The mattress was okay and I generally slept fairly well when I wasn't too warm.
We'll be returning to Colorado Spring regularly and we'll stay in the same area. We'll try the LaQuinta and the Marriot Residence Inn, and, if necessary, Hilton's other property, the Doubletree, before we stay again at the Hampton Inn and Suites. The price was very reasonable, but I'm willing to pay more to sleep comfortably.
Our room was quiet. I'd asked for a quiet room in my reservation and we were given a suite at the end of the hall. We heard room doors closing, and there was someone who marched across the room above us VERY early a couple of mornings, but we heard no noise from the hall or the adjacent room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newest Hampton Inn & Suites in the area. Boasting a warm Colorado Lodge decor with expertly appointed guest rooms and suites. Our Guests will enjoy spectacular mountain views while enjoying easy access to all of the Pikes Peak Region's area attractions. Enjoy an invigorating workout in our state of the art fitness center which includes treadmills, stationary bikes and free weights...of course we've added flat screen televisions for your entertainment pleasure while working out! Afterwards relax in the jacuzzi spa or go for a swim! Curl up with a good book and a fresh cup of coffee (available 24 7) in in front of a crackling fire in our Library/Business Center. Take a stroll around the nearby lake and feed the ducks. Of course all of the things you would expect from a hotel of this caliber are covered, hot inviting breakfast served daily, free high speed internet and Hilton's famous "Cloud Nine" beds. Just does not get any better! So book today we'll be waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/i-25 South Hotel Colorado Springs
- Hampton Inn And Suites Colorado Springs/i-25 South
- Hampton Inn Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Hampton Inn