Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South
$179
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$159
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$171
$189
$161
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$182
HYATT house Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$169
$184
$176
$599
$359
All reviewsworld arenamovie theatergreat hotelwithin walking distancewould definitely stay here againking suitepool and hot tubcomplimentary breakfastfort carsonconvenient locationclean hotelcomfortable stayeasy accessparking lotwafflesshort drivepikes peak
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Let me first say that everyone we dealt with at the hotel was very nice unlike some other reviewers experiences. What I could not get over about this hotel was the mold in the grout of the shower. I am sure it is hard to keep clean because the showers are plastic inserts and not really tile, but it really grossed me out. The room itself was quite small, and had no fridge or microwave, something I thought for sure I had requested in my reservation (we were too tired to argue at this point) Other than the moldy shower the room itself was clean, the bathroom was a decent size, however the towels and sheets seemed cheap. The workout room was nice, with adequate cardio equipment. The breakfast was free and ok, better than others we had at other Hamptons. We probably wouldn't stay in Colorado Springs...period, next time we visit Colorado.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and micorwave if you want ot keep a few sodas cool or something
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelGMCOSWA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Greetings...

Firstly, thank you so much for taking a minute to detail your experience. We value the feedback of our guests..even when the comments are negative!..We are working through our showers as quickly as possible and have addressed your comments/concerns directly with the rooms manager. I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs. Please ask for me personally, I would like to be involved in ensuring a true VIP experience and recovery.

Thanks Again.
Cherie' Van Winkle
General Manager.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stopped into the Hampton Inn on a Thursday evening in early August while traveling across country. When I entered the lobby, I immediately noticed a line of 4-5 people waiting for assistance at the front desk. As I took my place in the back of the line to find out of any rooms were available, the first thing that happened was the front desk worker came out and mentioned to the first people in line that they would have to wait because she had to go help people in the business center. I stay at many Hilton hotels, and I've never seen the front desk staff just walk off to do something else when they're the only one on duty and there's a long line waiting for assistance at the front desk. That was the first red flag. Several minutes later, she returned to the front desk and began helping customers. When I got up to the counter, she informed me that there were no rooms available. Having seen other Hilton Family hotels nearby, I asked if there was room availability at any of the other Hilton family hotels in the area. She quickly replied that there was not any availability at those hotels and recommended I try the Best Western. The response seemed a little strange to me, since front desk staff in the Hilton portfolio of hotels are usually very helpful in calling the nearby hotels for a quick check. After seeing the relatively poor display of service, I didn't feel comfortable with her answer and I drove to the Doubletree right across the street, and sure enough they had plenty of rooms available. The Hampton Inn looked like a nice hotel, but with staff like this particular individual, I will definitely not be back to that hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheHighwayWarrior
HotelGMCOSWA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Hello, and first of all I would like to Thank You for taking the time to detail your experience at the desk. I can assure you this is not the normal service level we provide at our hotel and would like to offer my most sincere apologies and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when and if your travels bring you back through Colorado Springs. Please ask to speak with me, I would like to extend a welcome to you personally.

Kind Regards,
C.VanWinkle-General Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Consistent Hampton Inn. Clean rooms & property, friendly staff. This one has the advantage for families of being within walking distance of a movie theater and multiple restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011

Hello there.... I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I read all of our responses and hope to see you again!

Kind Regards,
C. VanWinkle-General Manager

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Near Ft. Carson Army Base, exceptionally clean, lovely pool and work out area, staff are excellent (expecially Brice), breakfast was abundant and varied. They had omletts, scrambled eggs,waffles, sausage, bacon etc etc. The beds are comfortable and my only complaint is the pillows were soft, mushy and like sleeping on a marshmellow which is not uncommon for hotels. There are many nearby places to eat, convient to movies, shopping etc. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

When you go to Colorado Springs in the summer, make sure you make your hotel reservations at least the day before. I checked out a few hotels to stay, early in the am. Everyone had rooms. We decided to check out Boulder, but didn't stay there, so we continued on to Co. Springs. The Hampton Inn was one of the hotels I viewed that considered staying at, but it wasn't my number 1 choice. When we arrived in COS, we found hotels to be sold out. We arrived at the first choice and they showed me a list of hotels that they already knew to be sold out. We called the Hampton Inn and they had one room left. Unfortunately, we wound up in a smoking room. We had no idea it would be sooooo SMELLY.

The staff at the hotel tried their best to remove the smoky smell, to no avail. Thanks to Rick (maintenance), Bryce and a female whose name I can't remember. They were all so sweet. Bryce came and brought us brand new pillows. The female staff person and Rick sent chocolates up to our "new" room, the next day. Luckily, the next day brought a new room.

Beds were comfortable and the shower worked well. Our second room overlooked the mountains and Garden of the Gods.

Breakfast was fine. Some hot foods, and plenty of fruit and cold food to go around. The food area was kept very clean.

The pool area seemed clean and people were enjoying the pool and hot tub. They have some chairs outside, which people were sunning themselves at.

The library had 2 computers and printers for personal use and each room had WiFii. It worked well in the room.

The hotel is very centrally located to restaurants, a mall with a wine store, movie theatre, and all the touristy areas.

We ate dinner 2X in the COS at Mackenzie's Chop House, which was recommended by Bryce. Food was excellent. We ate outside one night, and indoors the next. Steaks were huge and we shared both evenings. We came back stuffed.

I would stay there again, if I return to COS