“We keep coming back.”

Ranked #9 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
East Lansing
“We keep coming back.”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We've stayed here four times when visiting for our kid at Colorado College. We expect good value at Hampton Inn, but find this place to be a notch above the standard Hampton Inn fare. The decor is quite a bit nicer than one usually gets at a Hampton Inn. The beds are like clouds, the walls create a tomb-like sleeping environment, and the bathrooms are top-notch. In addition, the staff seem particularly nice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Due to another Travelocity issue, the hotel had reserved two rooms for me. Rather than give me a hard time about this, the front desk clerk simply advised me to make sure I hadn't been overcharged.

The room was very clean, quiet and well appointed. Internet was free but the first night I tried to log on I was unsuccessful. A message stated there were too many users...? No problems the next day, however.

Hot breakfast is included in the room rate. The gym is very nice with ample equipment. Staff does a good job of communicating. There were no more Lysol wipes for the gym equipment, as discovered by the housekeeper while I was still running on the treadmill. She let me know she was working on getting more, and came back twice more to update me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2011

We wanted to have brunch at the Broadmoor Hotel and found the Hampton Inn was close to the Broadmoor. Hampton Inn was very reasonably priced and the room was very clean. Breakfast was very well stocked and dining area was clean.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
HotelGMCOSWA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Hello There.. Thank You so much for taking a few minutes to comment on your experience while staying at our hotel! We hope to have you over again if your travels bring you back through Colorado Springs!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My spouse and I were in COS for 10 days during the holidays visiting family, and had initially booked the entire trip at the Broadmoor Hotel. Unfortunately, due to circumstances at my business back in California, I ended-up having to devote more time working than was originally anticipated, and after spending 4 days on the phone with the Broadmoor's IT dept working to get my dedicated broadband capacity increased to 4 Mbps (Megabits Per Second) down speed for short periods of time (which is considered minimally acceptable speeds) so I could send & receive files, as well as, video conference, I decided I needed to look for business oriented accommodations in the area that would offer a more productive work environment. For a speed comparison, at our home in California we get the middle package of speed through Time Warner Cable which offers broadband speeds of 6 Mbps down.

After checking the business hotels in the I-25 / Geyser Dr. corridor, we settled on the Hampton Inn as it was the newest, nicest, cleanest, and the staff was super-friendly, not to mention, they offered us an incredible rate for the King Suite for the 5 nights we stayed. Everything about the hotel was great, from the continental breakfasts, to the indoor pool, hot tub, the gym, the modern and cozy lobby lounge area, as well as, the proximity to everything needed to sustain us as a result of a post Christmas snow storm that dumped 7"+ of snow and stranded many travelers for a couple days.

The biggest disappointment (besides the fitted sheets that wouldn't stay on the bed while we slept) was (ONCE AGAIN) the broadband service!!! It was even slower and offered less capacity than the Broadmoor. After five days of enduring their third-world broadband service, we were completely shocked and disappointed! At best we were lucky to get broadband speeds of 1 Mbps down for very short periods of time, with the majority of the time we were getting less then .5 Mbps or less.

After expressing our concern, the front desk clerk gave us the number to the hotel's centralized IT support desk located in St. Louis, MO, where we were advised there was nothing they could do. We started noticing a pattern when the broadband service would be at its worst was when all the guests arrived in the evening, and would get marginally better in the late morning as everyone checked-out.

Hotels such as Hampton Inn and others that target business travelers have to get a clue and understand that in 2011 it is completely unacceptable to offer broadband service that is unreliable and not much faster than dial-up speeds, as guests now (and will more so in the future) depend on a solid broadband infrastructure in order to do business.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TripReviewer70
HotelGMCOSWA, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Greetings..I am very pleased to offer an update on our upgrade to our internet service. As I emailed earlier Hilton has rolled out a new program to specifically meet the demands of the ever growing need for speed and efficiency of the service especially for our corporate travelers...I am so sorry for your frustration!..All the necessary equipment has arrived and we are transitioning now. We would love to have another opportunity to serve you when and if your travels bring you back through Colorado Springs..
Most Sincerely
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Nice looking, newer Hampton property. I was given a room behind the front entry canopy so the windows were completely blocked, strange set up... The room was quite large but the arrangement made poor use of the space. For example the refrigerator blocked art work on the wall. Speaking of the refrigerator it was a very noisy machine that eventually I unplugged so I would not have to hear it. TV and air conditioning worked well and there was free wifi. I did not find the bed very comfortable. The front desk clerk was unapologetic about giving a tour group all the nighttime cookies that they put out, leaving none for the rest of the guests. The free breakfast was so-so, powdered eggs, stale muffins, identifiable chopped fruit that had sat out too long. I was disappointed for the price paid. Fairfield Inn across the street had same room for $55 less/night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This is an outstanding hotel with a great location in Colorado Springs. Recently constructed, the lobby is open and spacious with appropriate and trendy decor. The free breakfast is great. I found the fitness center to be one of the best in any hotel, with Precor equipment and Cardio Theater. The indoor pool and jacuzzi are great, especially for those with kids. As usual, the service was wonderful, the rooms extremely clean, and the climate control automated (which I really liked). Easy access to I-25, Seven Falls, Pikes Peak, and almost every attraction. Many restaurants and a Target within walking distance, plus a movie theater next door. Great for the business or leisure traveler!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SouthernAZTraveler
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stayed at this Hampton for 5 nights. Good solid walls and floors. No noise gets through from the other rooms or floors. Very clean and good breakfast selections.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family