Rodeway Inn and Suites
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$149
$199
$179
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$152
$165
$158
Hotels.com
$499
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here 3 days in July. It was very handy to Pikes Peak, and all the attractions we were visiting. It was pet friendly with a nice area for the dogs. The room was nice size and clean. The first day we noticed in the faucet, you could not get any cold water, only warm. The shower would be hot, the get to the point of scalding. The controls for the shower were not working. The night manager came down and said they were in the process of changing these valves in the shower wall, but it was a big job. He set the shower control and said leave it in that position, and it would be fine. It didn't, it just got super hot again. By the 3rd night night we decided it was just too dangerous to use. The maid service just had to empty the trash and change towels. They took dirty towels, didn't leave any. The floor lamp in room had broken switch. The area around the pool looked like the grass hadn't been trimmed around for weeks. Talked to the owner when checking out. He again stated they were in process of fixing shower valves. He gave us a little discount on our bill, and was very understanding. The fact is though that scalding hot water with a faulty valve is dangerous.,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David K
RodewayManagber, Owner at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. I would like to add a little clarification on a couple points. Since your stay, we did change out the shower handle valve in the room we thought was contributing to the problem. I did not help. We had a plumber look at it and he couldn't understand it either and really did not know where to start except tracking the lines. I crawled the plumbing chases and found some places where the hot water pipe and the cold water pipe were in contact under dirt. The best guess I have is that there is heat transfer from the hot line to the cold. Also, this is a problem only in three rooms of the 52 in the hotel. We have now discovered that by running the tub on cold for about a minute and a half, the hot water evactuates out of the line and the problem of getting a shower is solved in those three rooms. As far as the switch on the lamp, they have been removed. The lamp is controled by the on off wall switch by the door. We were having a problem of guests often throwing away our working light bulbs because the switch at the door was in the off position so the guest would go to the lamp, turn it on and no light. They would frequently then decide to help us out by throwing away what they thought was a bad bulb. The lamp switch was removed and the lamp works by the wall switch. No excuse for the towels that one day. Sorry your stay did not meet your expectations in everyway. Thank you for staying with us for three days!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I drove in from Bozeman, MT and had to get directions by phone as I find Colorado Springs a confusing town to drive in. I had a non smoking room reserved but the evening person gave me a room by the pool which did smell like smoke. I abhor smoke and asked for another room. I got a room upstairs which had a large ash box outside. It had a few butts in it and it smelled like smoke. I was very pleased that the room was immaculate and did not smell like smoke. I had a friendly experience with the staff who accommodated me immediately. In the morning I checked out and spoke with the nicest general manager in the world. I have worked on and off in hotels and think that these older ones that are cheap draw a smoking crowd but you can always ask until you find one that does not smell. I think that the housekeeping staff should dump the ash box regularly. This is a very sweet hotel and I plan to stay there again.
Jennifer

Room Tip: Be patient and the very nice staff will find you a really good room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a decent place with a great wait staff! Our stay of 4 days went well with the included continental breakfast, use of the pool and our room at the back of the motel. Our first room was right off the road and night time driving woke us up at times. We moved to the back of the motel and it was pleasant. Bill and Edward are two very nice people that helped us with our stay. If you do not need the glitz and you are looking for value this is your place.

Room Tip: More towards the rear of motel to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

All of the bedding is extremely old, pillows are small and almost not visible, cleanest is about 2 on scale 1 to 5.
It was fun to see at night a raccoons on the second floor!
Just one positive moment is very helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
RodewayManagber, General Manager at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. Not a good review but no doubt an accurate reflection of your experience. We have been buying pillows and so many rooms have better than what you may have had also, in our defense I would say that June is a transitional month for us. e have to bring on new housekeepers for the much busier summer season. As hard as we try, there is a learning curve. I apologize. We certainly strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms. Any one else with a pillow concern should know to call the desk and we will bring you extra pillows to make you comfortable. We understand we are only as good as our worst room so thank you for helping us stay on our toes.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stinky rooms, old sheets, seedy part of town. I am traveling alone with young kids and felt uncomfortable in the motel safety wise. TV had few channels, generally not pleasant. Hope others have a better stay than I did.

• Stayed: June 2013
RodewayManagber, Owner at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Sorry about your experience. I would point out that non smoking room(s), do not reek of smoke. Possibly, this guests room may have but that is room singular. Also, many of the third party sites book guests into smoking rooms when no non-smoking rooms are left and then request the hotel place the guest in non-smoking. Unfortunately there are none as they are all reserved. I'm not sure if that was the case with this guest however it has been a problem so guests reserving at any hotel should be aware of it. Television stations, we have 25. All the local channels, HBO, USA, Fox movie channel and 19 others. Regarding safety, we can not impact the way people feel by a tremendous amount. I have run the hotel for over 10 years and and the facts are we have to be one of the safest hotels in the country as far as our record goes. I am not blind and can see why people might draw inaccurate conclusions because of some of the pedestrian traffic that from time to time passes the hotel on public property. However, the facts is the biggest safety problem we have had is a perception problem.