Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West
Ranked #63 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Milwauke, WI, United States
“Great value”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Extended Stay America has half the price of other hotels in town at nearly the same value. The kitchenette was great. We furnished our own toaster oven and had no complaints from hotel staff (We were careful to leave the 6" spacing recommended in the instructions from the wall.)

Our only gripe is that the staff did not change the trash during their weekly visits. If we asked the staff more pointedly/often, they might have taken care of this...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for a night passing through town. Front desk itself isn't welcoming. Staff was friendly. Room was ok but outdated. Limited cable access. Not bad for the price I guess. The continental breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After a long and frustrating day of travel I walked into this hotel with great trepidation (especially after all the reviews).
The front desk (Shalee) greeted us with a friendly an cheerful smile. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was okay (coffee, wrapped muffins and breakfast bars) but there are places to eat all around the area. No pool or fitness center just a clean, quiet area to decompress after a day with family.

• Stayed July 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had seen negative reviews of Extended Stay America hotels various places but wanted to have a kitchen so decided to try it. Our experience was completely positive. We didn't stay long enough to need housekeeping services so can't comment on that. The room was clean when we arrived. Checkin and check out were easy. The room was comfortable. The wi-fi was the fastest we've had in a hotel unlike the hotel I'm writing this review from. This was the first hotel TV I could get closed captions on. The cookware and dishes were minimal but we were able to cook and eat our meals. There were ice trays for the refrigerator and the freezer was so cold that the water froze very quickly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at ESA for eight weeks this past spring. I have stayed at many hotels and ESA took the cake for bad service. The housekeeping staff team is just plain lazy. The hotel policy only provides housekeeping once a week, yet they fail to carry out all the cleaning tasks. They hardly ever vacuum the floor. Often fail to provide toilet paper. Did not change the bad sheets many times. Only clean the toilet bowl unless I remember to leave a note asking the to. Never once dust the furnishing. And I had to reminded them a few times to clean my room when they failed to do so on the designated day. Only twice did they clean my room on the designated day. I had never experienced such laziness.

When had an issue and needed an answer (that the front desk could not provide and had to get back to me), I had to track them down for an answer because they never bother to get back to me.

Initially I thought that the staff was very nice and friendly but later on I realized that they only did that to get rid of the guest and had no intension to follow through to resolve any issues that the guests have.

What I found so stupid was that I stayed over 30 days and had earned my room tax refund, but they refused to credit my account for this refund until I physically checked out. They refused to do so even the night before when I wanted to settle my bill so that I could leave early in the morning w/o wasting time at the front desk to check out or iron out any errors. it is okay that I prepaid for my room but not okay for them to refund my room tax that I had earned.

I have to return to Colorado Springs this Fall and next Spring for a two-month training, I will definitely will not stay at ESA. I shall stay at my favorite hotel which costs a bit more but worth the pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The room rate is not bad for long term stay but for a short stay the rate is not much lower than muc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The front desk staff was wonderful and friendly, but were not supported by the ownership/management. The hotel was out of many supplies/amenities such as shampoo and conditioner, quarters for the laundry, hair dryers, and there was no ice. The front desk staff was continually apologizing to guests. As far as the room goes; the tub leaked, and the room was not in good condition. They over charged for the quality of rooms and amenities provided. Smoke smell filled the hallways, but the non smoking room didn't smell of smoke. I was too tired to find a different hotel, but ended up sleeping pretty well regardless of everything else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alamosa, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked this hotel online, we booked two rooms. They said check in time was 3pm. We arrived at 4 Pm and the room was not ready. After sitting in the lobby for over one hour at 5:15 the manager greeted the orkin man in the lobby, Rather than talk about the pest problem in private he chose to speak with the exterminator about how gross room 316 is. They continued to speak about how gross it is and how the manger didn't really care anymore since he was moving back to new England. When 5:45 came around the front desk person finally said it was ready. I said non smoking because of my grandmothers heart condition. However the staff didnt care. On the third floor the entire hall was FULL of cigarette smoke. We were put in room 318 and 320. In room 318 there was rubber gloves from the orkin man on the counter. The smell of cigarettes in the "strict non smoking" room was overwhelming. All we could smell was smoke and bug killer fumes. My grandparents room was worse. The tub was broken and full of dirt and hair. When we called priceline there was nothing they could do. We left the hotel went to a best western and did not stay, the staff did not care to clean, or sanitize this hotel. The Manger was horrible, the front desk was rude. The cleaning staff was slow (obviously) and when I tried to ask what took so long to clean they said they were "really busy" but all i seen them do was take smoke breaks and leave rooms dirty. I would never stay here or recommend this place to anyone, ever.

Room Tip: anyone who is not a nose deaf chain smoker who doesn't know when people are being rude and doesn...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family