“Truly Disgusting”

Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West
Ranked #60 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I made a reservation for a nonsmoking room. When I arrived I was told that I was getting a smoking room because no non smoking rooms were available. I objected strongly because I would not be able to sleep in a smoky room. I tried to find a room elsewhere. While I was doing so, another guest tried to check in. The desk told her that there was no room for her tomorrow. She objected, and said the manager herself confirmed the reservation because the hotel had messed up her previous reservation. The front desk worker just told her she couldn't help and she left. By this time, my cursory research resulted in no available hotels. I asked to speak with the manager. Eventually the manager called the front desk. The manager said that non smoking rooms were just a preference, not a guarantee. That was that. She gave me a sheet to sign which said my rate was $76.99, the amount that matched the reservation I have printed out, but she then proceeded to charge my card $86.99 plus tax. I balked at this and she said she could not change it without a manager. As there was no manager, she left the overcharge on my card. Riding up in the elevator, another man who overheard my complaint shared that he too had to suffer a smoking room for 3 nights despite a nonsmoking reservation. Sadly, he had an infant with him, and I assume she was in the room too. The smoke smell in the halls and room was truly overwhelming. I'm now writing this from one disgusting room, sneezing regularly and dealing with uncomfortable allergies to smoke. If you believe that a non smoking room is something you reserve, not something you "prefer", steer clear of this place. I cannot remember staying in a hotel this disgusting, and not just for the smoke smell.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room? Try Hampton Inn down the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bethinsanantonio
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Let me begin by saying I travel basically every week for work. This is one of the rare times that I am in a territory for more than one week, so naturally I picked this hotel due to the length of stay. I normally stay at choice hotels, but chose this one because of the price point. Wow. By FAR the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. From the unfriendly staff (with the exception of one late night employee), to the unclean room, to the thin walls - I could go on for days. This is my first time staying at an extended stay and apparently they only clean your room one time per week for your stay. Well, I am on day 11 now and no one has even knocked on my door. There has been trash from the neighbors in the hallway for 2 days now so clearly housekeeping hasn't even stepped foot on my floor. Oh, and they don't have shampoo. Really? No shampoo? EVERY other hotel I have stayed at has shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion in the shower. Nope. You can go to the front desk and you have the option to pay for shampoo. Wow....really? I have seen one housekeeper lady on the first floor a few times during my stay and every time I saw her she was griping and complaining about her job. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you ABSOLUTELY need a bed to sleep in. No fitness room, no pool, and the breakfast is actually just wrapped muffins and coffee. Don't expect anyone at the front desk if you arrive later than say 10 pm. You'll basically just have to stand around and pray that someone appears. Luckily, after about 15 minutes someone appeared. TV in your room only has about 15 channels and only 10 or so come in clear.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently stayed in the Extended Stay America Hotel at 4885 S. Quebec St., Greenwood Village, Denver, Co. Initial impression is of shabby, ? cleanliness of rooms, with garbage near stairs to upper level. The sheets are so worn & thin, you can almost see through them! There were small ants crawling all over the floor in the bathroom & the treads in the bathtub were so non-existent that I almost slipped getting into the tub (no grab bars or anything to hang onto)! It had a coffee pot with packet of coffee, but no cream/sugar or other amenities except couple small soaps in Bathroom. The mattress was alsoso very thin & hard. Overall, it was a very bad experience for my AAA discounted fee of $86.50 & I definitely would not recommend it to anyone! I'm hesitant to even stay in another of the Extended Stay facilities in the future!

Room Tip: I can't recommend any rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel had a few pros and cons. If cleanliness is a top priority to you, this place wasn't bad. The hotel room felt very clean and it was in a good part of town. We felt very safe. Very close to shopping and resturants. The staff was hit or miss. Sometimes we felt like valued customers and sometimes we didnt. There were a few minor problems with the room. The coffee pot was broken and started leaking all over the kitchen counter. They only offered us decaf coffee. The pots and pans were not easy to cook with because they were poor quality. The silverware was all mismatched too, but it didnt really bother us. The bathtub is really small and we felt claustrophobic when it was time to take a bath or shower. The drain plug was also broken so it didnt hold the water very long. Our air conditioner didnt work very well and we could never get our room to the right temperature. The heater smelled terribly and smelled up the whole room. Also, the wifi was terrible and took forever to load anything on the Internet. The tv channel selection was poor and there was only one cartoon channel, which was cartoon network. At night the channel turned into adult swim, which is completely inappropriate for kids. So those were our inconveniences. Not terrible but the hotel wasnt as nice as I hoped for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Alyssa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the accomodations and guest services. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Was treated very well, staff is great.
They went out of their way to acccommodate me.
Had my dog with me and asked for a room near the exit and they put me right where I needed to be.
Room was clean and it was nice to have a kitchen since I stayed for an extended period of time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I just love the Stay America chain. I really needed to cook my food for the next few days of my trip and I was able to do so in the cook top and microwave. The full size fridge was a big plus as well. I got a great rate on the room and stayed for 4 days. The staff was very friendly, helpful and fun. They made me feel very well cared for. I requested a first floor room and that is just what I got. It was clean, roomy and bright. Easy parking and great location, easy to just right on the highway. The grab and go breakfast was nice and always had fruit. The convenient laundry room was great. I will go out of my way to stay at a Stay America when I travel, it is a good value. This is a nice one and has a wonderful staff! I had a good time :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerri G
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have never stayed at an Extended stay hotel. We were in the Springs for a wedding and needed to stay in a central location. This was the perfect spot. Room was clean, good air conditioning. We did not use the kitchen but it was set up very well. The only thing missing is a hair dryer which anticapated being there so it was a little inconvient. Front desk is staffed with only one receptionist who had to go check to see if our room was ready therefore leaving the front desk uncovered. Gab and go breakfast very limited

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple