“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Topeka, Kansas
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel before and having a good experience, I did not hesitate to stay again.

Previously, we had a room with a king bed. This trip we had my father-in-law, so we got a room with two queen beds. My wife had foot surgery and was using a knee scooter. While a king room seemed spacious, the two queen bed room seems cramped, especially since she had to use the scooter. I asked about a handicapped room with two queen beds, but was told they do not have such rooms.

The breakfast was the usual standard fair. While not outstanding, it was hot and good enough. LIvia (I think that was her name) was working the breakfast area and although it was packed with people, she kept everything stocked. I have never seen someone working the breakfast area who worked so hard, and was so friendly. I was happy to give her a tip!

The evening and morning desk personnel was friendly and helpful.

I stayed again about two weeks later. Everything was the same, friendly staff, etc. One difference, however, was that in the bathroom of my room, there were two small globs of dried toothpaste from a previous occupant. To my rememberance, this was the only cleanliness issue I encountered in four visits.

I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Colorado Springs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was checked into a room and it was not what I expected. Hair on the sink and toilet. Gross. The room felt stuffy and didn't smell fresh. It was late and I just wanted to go to bed at this point. The bed was uncomfortable and hard so it wasn't easy to fall asleep. After all the tossing and turning and finally drifting to sleep the loud air conditioner would wake me up. Toss, Turn, Loud A/C all night long. Breakfast was tasteless and the coffee wasn't great either. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Karen M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience, particularly the room condition. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Again, thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I can't review the property, because we didn't stay here. Through a mix-up in communication with other family members, I booked this hotel by mistake. Sharon C. went above and beyond to get us a refund, even though we had booked through an Internet travel sight. I was a bit frantic, but Sharon handled everything with calmness and professionalism. She processed our refund immediately and sent us on our way to be with family.
Sharon, thank you so much. Hope you got the flowers we sent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Anaheim, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our 5 state 10 day road trip. Property is located near the airport. You need to drive a few miles to access restaurants, shopping, etc. Rooms are dated in their appearance and small. Difficult to walk between the beds/desk/etc. Bathroom showers could use updating. Refrigerator and microwave provided in room but ice is available only on 2nd floor. Breakfast choices were great. Most memorable feature of this hotel is that desk staff are extremely helpful and friendly in providing recommendations and directions.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear BoydChicks,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
St Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Never in all my travels have I stayed in a room where you had to sit on the bed to watch TV. Could not move from one end of the room to the other without renning into the desk chair. The pillows were the size of a small throw pillow and very uncomfortable.

Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. the staff was friendly and the room was very clean.

Since I do a lot of travel, I was able to get three of our four nights free which made the overall charge about what it should be for such a small room.

Room Tip: See the room before you check in
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Thewondererca,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you found our hotel staff friendly and that you liked our complimentary breakfast.

However, it is unfortunate to know that you were not fully satisfied with our facility, particularly with your room accommodation. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management to consider improvements where needed.

I hope you give us the chance to host you again in the future and give you the best hotel experience that we could offer.

Faith R
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Spent several nights here while in town house hunting. All the staff was very friendly and always greeted us. The room was very cramped with 2 queen beds, a chair, refrigerator, desk with chair, and dresser. Bathroom was just as cramped. Felt like a motorhome bathroom with the angled sink. Luckily the pancake maker arrived half way through our stay, so breakfast had more variety. All our needs were met, and would probably check in again.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

After staying at the Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, I will surely stay at this property again when I am in Colorado Springs. It appears that the hotel has been recently renovated, so all the furniture and fixtures are in great condition. The bed was very comfortable and I got a better night's sleep than I had anticipated (I always have a hard time sleeping in a new place the first night). The only inconvenience I experienced was a lack of free/ accessible power outlets in the room, but that is a minor problem and had no negative impact on my stay.

• 5 of 5 stars
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Peggy H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay! I am grateful to have wonderful guests like you that are faithful to our Holiday Inn Express brand. The next time you are in town, stay with us and stop by the front desk and say hello. And as always, thank you for Staying Smart!!