“Good, a little different than other mexican places in town”
Review of Wahoo's Fish Taco - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wahoo's Fish Taco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My family and I have been going here occasionally for a few years now. (We don't order the fish tacos though so I cannot comment on those.) The place is at the end of a strip mall a little south of Chapel Hills mall.

I usually get the carnitas tacos with white rice and cajun white beans. Its a pretty good size, but not overwhelming. The corn tortillas for the tacos are steamed, not fried, so they are soft. Lots of meat in the tacos, with lettuce and some pico de gallo. The white rice is slightly seasoned with cilantro and lime. They also have unseasoned brown rice. You can get white cajun spiced beans or regular black beans. My husband is vegetarian and he has a number of things to choose from here - veggie tacos and burritos, salads, etc. My daughter orders a chicken/rice bowl with teriyaki sauce.

I think they have a limited selection of beer, wine and margaritas on the menu too, though I have never ordered them.

You order at the counter and they bring the food to your table. The place is decorated in surfing and sports related stuff. They keep it pretty clean inside. There is an outdoor seating area too if the weather is nice.