WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of La Quinta Inn Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods

La Quinta Inn Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods
Ranked #56 of 108 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Laramie
“Clean, reasonable rates but coffee deficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is NOT a fancy LaQuinta, but it is clean and has the basics. I would say average for friendly.
VERY reasonable rates.
However there is no business center therefore no computer. Plenty of plugs and connections in the room however..
BUT there is ONLY coffee at breakfast. Simply not available at other times except for those very small coffee makers and tiny packets in the rooms..
I love the LaQuinta chain and its dog friendly policy- travel for dog events, but the lack of coffee was an unpleasant surprise.
The Hotel is off freeway and was very quiet.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to be accessed from outside. Not interior corridors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was snowed in Colorado springs so me and my girlfriend decided to stay here. The person at the front desk was rude and acted like he we weren't about to pay him for a service. I had noticed the thousand signs no smoking in the rooms or you will be charged 250. I am a smoker and I didn't have an extra two hundred fifty, so I rolled my joint and took it outside in the snow to smoke. We slept in our room, checked out, went back to Denver. When I got home I had noticed there was a 250 dollar charge on my card. I called and sure enough the front desk tells me that there was a smell of marijuana in the room and some in the trash so they charged us. For people who know marijuana smoke smells vastly different from the fresh herb. I called to speak to a manager but I was told I would have to wait for a week until the manager returned. She tells me its a non smoking premises so I wasn't even allowed to smoke outside and since I smoked outside I was In violation of their rules. (even though cigarette smokers can smoke on the premises all they want). I come to springs on a monthly basis and I will never stay at this place again. Its too close to the trains and they kept me up all night. I could hear everything in the other rooms that the other guests are doing.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. The train passes every hour and rumbles the whole place.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQGOG, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
While I appreciate your frustration at being charged a smoking fee, we do charge that fee to anyone who is smoking, whether it be marijuana or cigarettes. We must keep our promise to provide a smoke free experience to all of our guests. When you simply step outside to smoke in front of your room, that smoke travels through the Heater / Air Conditioner into the rooms. We follow the guidelines in Colorado Law that does not allow smoking within 15 feet of any entry door. Since we are an outside entry property, that means you must step to the edge of the property to smoke.

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Was very please with my stay, and to my surprice was unbelivable cheap. was very surprice how much colorado springs has change over the las few years. plenty to do and great restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Albuquerque, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed at La Quinta Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs 3 nights one a business/pleasure trip. I made my reservation by phone, directly with the clerk at the hotel; not a central reservations number. That clerk was friendly and able to detail all the room choices and prices available, including my AAA discount. I arrived around 11 PM in a light drizzle (on a motorcycle, no less) and was received as if I was an expected guest by the two employees in the lobby. My reservation was correct and the check-in took approximately 1 minute. I did not have to re-swipe the credit card which I used to secure the room (a personal peeve). The room was a very modern business traveler setup; good lighting, and a whole bank of electrical plugs (including USB!) on the large desk. Also, rooms have individual WiFi routers, so my signal was Netflix-strong. The paint on the walls was fresh and it was as clean as a new pin. The pillow top mattress was better than my old bed at home and the pillows were thick and in great shape. There was an outdoor, heated pool, which I did not use, though my room overlooked it, and it appeared perfectly clean. In summary: this La Quinta location is up-to-date, well-managed, and very clean, and the price is excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Andrew F
Elmwood Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

The guy and the front desk was very nice as we checked in, he told us about the free breakfast and showed us where are room was. The room was very nice, except for in the bathroom. After picking up one of the towels I found someones used soap. It grossed me out and made me think that they never even changed the towels out. The blow dryer stopped working the last night we were there. One day when we returned to the hotel our door was open, luckily nothing was taken. We called the front desk and the guy at the desk didn't seem to care much. But that wasn't even the biggest problem. The people in the room next to us were loud. When I mean loud, I mean they were having aggressive threesomes and we heard everything!!! I also questioned our safety the way they were talking. I think this hotel needs some type of security walking around, a lot of sketchy looking people were coming in and out of the same hotel room. We didn't bother to call the front desk because I don't think they would have cared. I have never been so disgusted! We had to sleep with the fan on all night to drown out the sound! If the rooms were just sound proofed better this wouldn't be an issue. Also the water barely got hot in the sink, and took forever to get warm in the shower. All in all it was just a nice, modern, clean room to sleep in while we went out and explored the city.

Room Tip: Until they fix their sound proofing problem, suggest a room where no one is next to you, if that'...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Christine5789
Omaha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had driven for 9 hours by the time we got to Colorado Springs and the La Quinta was right off I-25 and on Garden of the Gods Road which is where we wanted to go the next day. The hotel is fine for what it is. A low cost place to sleep. Nothing fancy. Nothing bad happened so it was fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family