WINNER WONDERLAND

La Quinta Inn Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods
Ranked #56 of 108 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Great for the Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Was very please with my stay, and to my surprice was unbelivable cheap. was very surprice how much colorado springs has change over the las few years. plenty to do and great restaurants to choose from.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Albuquerque, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed at La Quinta Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs 3 nights one a business/pleasure trip. I made my reservation by phone, directly with the clerk at the hotel; not a central reservations number. That clerk was friendly and able to detail all the room choices and prices available, including my AAA discount. I arrived around 11 PM in a light drizzle (on a motorcycle, no less) and was received as if I was an expected guest by the two employees in the lobby. My reservation was correct and the check-in took approximately 1 minute. I did not have to re-swipe the credit card which I used to secure the room (a personal peeve). The room was a very modern business traveler setup; good lighting, and a whole bank of electrical plugs (including USB!) on the large desk. Also, rooms have individual WiFi routers, so my signal was Netflix-strong. The paint on the walls was fresh and it was as clean as a new pin. The pillow top mattress was better than my old bed at home and the pillows were thick and in great shape. There was an outdoor, heated pool, which I did not use, though my room overlooked it, and it appeared perfectly clean. In summary: this La Quinta location is up-to-date, well-managed, and very clean, and the price is excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Andrew F
Elmwood Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

The guy and the front desk was very nice as we checked in, he told us about the free breakfast and showed us where are room was. The room was very nice, except for in the bathroom. After picking up one of the towels I found someones used soap. It grossed me out and made me think that they never even changed the towels out. The blow dryer stopped working the last night we were there. One day when we returned to the hotel our door was open, luckily nothing was taken. We called the front desk and the guy at the desk didn't seem to care much. But that wasn't even the biggest problem. The people in the room next to us were loud. When I mean loud, I mean they were having aggressive threesomes and we heard everything!!! I also questioned our safety the way they were talking. I think this hotel needs some type of security walking around, a lot of sketchy looking people were coming in and out of the same hotel room. We didn't bother to call the front desk because I don't think they would have cared. I have never been so disgusted! We had to sleep with the fan on all night to drown out the sound! If the rooms were just sound proofed better this wouldn't be an issue. Also the water barely got hot in the sink, and took forever to get warm in the shower. All in all it was just a nice, modern, clean room to sleep in while we went out and explored the city.

Room Tip: Until they fix their sound proofing problem, suggest a room where no one is next to you, if that'...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Christine5789
Omaha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had driven for 9 hours by the time we got to Colorado Springs and the La Quinta was right off I-25 and on Garden of the Gods Road which is where we wanted to go the next day. The hotel is fine for what it is. A low cost place to sleep. Nothing fancy. Nothing bad happened so it was fine.

denver, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

La Quinta provided reliably clean rooms. The hotels are generally quiet even when there are large groups (teens, ahem) running about. Breakfast is okay, nothing exciting -- packaged muffins and cereals. We enjoy earning credit card points to get free nights or inexpensive suites.

Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have stayed at LQ's for the last 6 or so years, whenever they are available in an area to which we are travelling, usually without incident, until now. The exterior of the hotel was poorly maintained. The room was up to par, clean and comfortable. The service post check in was not friendly nor efficient. The desk clerks couldn't have cared less about our problems, as was evidenced by their attitudes and failure to correct. The breakfast was substandard in the quality of the food - dried up wrinkle fruit. Coffee from a machine (not brewed) which tastes like instant coffee from the 1960's. 2 uniformed police Parole officers at the doorway of a nearby room our room was rather disconcerting and made us uncomfortable and concerned. We would not stay at this hotel again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles