“Good location away from downtown.”

La Quinta Inn Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods
Ranked #58 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Manitou Springs, Colorado, United States
“Good location away from downtown.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very clean hotel with accomodating staff. Within walking distance of restaurants and a huge cinema.

It is in quick driving distance of anything in Colorado Springs, being one exit south of the downtown exits.

We were traveling with cats and this is a pet friendly hotel which is why we chose La Quinta (first stay here).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This by far is the worse La Quinta we have ever stayed in. One day we did not get maid service. The hot water runs for only 15 mins so that means the next person that has to take a shower needs to wait. There is no vent for the bathroom. The heater and AC do not work all the time. We were at breakfast one morning and they were putting up the food as we were trying to eat. My husband ask if he could get a muffin and the employee told him no that breakfast was over.

Room Tip: stay at the south location
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Lesa0926
LQGOG, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I am sorry you had difficulties during your stay. We strive to make each stay a memorable one. Please accept my sincere apology, and feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you to make up for your inconvenience.

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Easy access to I-25 and 3 miles to Garden of the Gods. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. No in room microwave or refrigerator. Good value for a 3 star hotel. I Appreciated how quiet the room was.

• Stayed March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This La Quinta was one of the worst I have visited compared to the ones in Austin, TX and Algonquin, IL. The staff was rude, except for one man on the night shift January 22, 2013. When we arrived we asked for more pillows and hangers, which was replied with a "we will call you back" response. Our third night here I talked to the man on the night shift and he said he would go get me more hangers and came back with more than enough.

Another problem we had was not enough towels and the trash cans were too small. When I requested more towels and for the trash cans to be emptied, the front desk staff said they would not bring me more towels and I needed to come get them from the front desk myself and I could empty my trash cans in the larger ones in the lobby. I also requested a second pillow because they only put 3 on each bed, but they said there were non available.

I had to reposition the desk in our room because it was in an odd angle towards the bed instead of against the wall. I also was perturbed that the phone was not next to the bed and was instead on the desk. The coffee maker was in the bathroom instead of next to the TV or on the desk. Which was annoying because 3 girls and 1 male do need a lot of bathroom counter space. The bottom drawers in the dresser are fake, which was inconvenient for 4 people in one room. The coffee maker also was missing a lid where you put the water, the closet was hard to close because the doors need to be sanded to be even when closing, and the bathtub faucet was leaking. The shower had too much water pressure and hurt to have directly on my body. The shower was also very small compared to other La Quintas I have stayed at. I do wish that there was a mini-fridge in the room for people staying longer than a few nights. Eating Ramen and fresh fruit became tiring.

I do not like that the hallways are outside. The ice maker (second floor around the corner from the elevator) and washer/dryer (third floor) are in bad locations. All of those things should be near the entrance area for convenience.

The good things about this hotel is that the bedding is luxurious. The bathroom towels are well stocked every morning. The room is cleaned very well. I do like the lighting in the room. The pictures were also very unconventional and seemed more personal. I liked that the microwave oven was available 24/7 in the lobby and the staff allowed me to take utensils, plates, napkins, creamer, sugar, jelly, and cups to my room without question. I liked that the water turned hot quickly.

The hotel was very close to everything we needed to get to.

Room Tip: The rooms near the pool are nosy due to highway traffic and the view from the windows is of the very...
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Mariah O
Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to see you return, and I am happy I as able to talk to you about your stay. I am sure the second one was much better. Thank you for giving us another chance!
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions for local sporting events. The hotel is clean, and the desk staff is always pleasant and helpful. The price is affordable, and the location is wonderful for seeing the many sights Colorado Springs has to offer. One thing I DO NOT like about staying here, is the coffee! In-room, and coffee at breakfast, is aweful!

We will stay here again, but next time...I will bring my own coffee pot!

Room Tip: There are three floors, so we always request 1st level rooms. Stairs and elevators can be an inconve...
1 Thank jingalls
Baltimore
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I helped my son move to Colorado Springs with 2 BIG dogs. We stayed at this Inn for 2 days before he could move into his rental. The room was very quite and there was not a lot of outside noise to set off barking! The beds are quite comfortable though it would have been helpful to have a mini-fridge.

1 Thank BurmaTraveler