“Bad service and extra charge” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

and 1 more site!
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #84 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was on a military trip with "Batman 1964" which wrote his review right below this one.

Okay. So to start off this place is a SCAM. They have the RAMADA logo but it's anything but. The rooms are a disgrace. They smell of smoke/ash and some even smell like MARIJUANA. The "nice" manager showed us to multiple rooms. Some had what we think are METH rug burns on the carpets.. We didn't even want to put our stuff down fearing that it will catch something. We told the "nice" manager that we respectfully wanted to leave because we could not stay at a hotel in that condition. She said that they need a 24 hr notice in order to cancel. We said fine can we talk to your boss and she said it is very difficult to get a hold ho him. REALLY? It is difficult to speak to someone about the quality of the hotel? Okay so she told us that we would only be charged for one day. NO WAY!! they charged us for the whole stay!! 3 nights!! We definitely disputed those charges through our government credit card.

If you know what's good for you do not stay there. I wouldn't take a number 2 there is someone paid me.

We stayed at the very nice Holiday Inn down the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Erik G
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I came here on military business and pre booked three nights in advance. I arrived to friendly service but was immediately shocked by the condition of the room. First, it smelled like cigarette smoke everywhere, burn marks and stains all over the carpet, marks on the walls, the curtains looked like someone had a chocolate pudding fight, everything looked run down. I told the front desk clerk this room was unacceptable, she offered to show me another room. on the way, I was hit by a wall of marijuana smoke coming from someone's room, a dog was barking in another.....what kind of Ramada is this? The second room was the same except it was over perfumed to hide the cigarette smoke and God knows what else. I refused to stay! The clerk was going to charge me for a day because I broke the hotel policy agreement, I asked for the manager at which time she said it would take two days to get a hold of him, "what kind of racket is this?" I had her sign a statement of the horrible conditions on my receipt and left promptly. Three days later the Ramada charged my government travel card for the three nights I original booked! I had Citi Bank block the charges which are in dispute. I felt total mislead and scammed........this Ramada needs to be investigated. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business