Residence Inn Colorado Springs South
$188
  • Pool
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$108
$102
$197
  • Restaurant
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$99
$614
$350
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$123
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
Agoda.com
HYATT house Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
All reviewsbasketball courtwatch netflixworld arenaa marriott platinum memberfront desknice free breakfastfire pittarget storefull kitchenstudio suitemovie theaterbuffalo wild wingshighly recommend this propertyoutback steakhousewe've stayedwalking distanceroom was clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We are staying here for 5 nights-things are fine but not in any way special- bed is so so- room seems clean- wifi does work pretty well- it's pretty noisy tho- not the highway but the closeness of other rooms and the outside gathering places and the huge AC units that really hum all the time- I have been wearing earplugs all week- also the curtains do not close and we have tons

of bright light all night long- have asked for 3 days for a sink repair but it's still not fixed- asked for shampoo and got some - that was nice- food is really high carb and salt no veggies little healthy choices/ scrambled eggs are pretty awful- very steam table and prepackaged stuff- wish Americans demanded a better food standard- kitchen in room is a nice option tho

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you for your review. You indicated that your stay was not anything special . Please accept our sincere apologies. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction, we want your stay to be exceptional, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have stayed in residence inns for at least 150 nights in 6 states. This is by far one of the best ones. Dinner on Monday Tuesday Wednesday with wine and beer and it's actually a real meal. Brian in the kitchen thank you sir!
The only thing they are lacking is a decent gym. I still love this hotel and the service is fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for taking to the time to share your experience. We appreciate all the positive things you have to say about our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy our social experience, I'll make sure that I pass along your praises. Thanks so much for staying with us, we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife, 2 dogs and I stayed at this location as we had sold our house in TN and could not move into our Colorado Springs house for a couple of weeks. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility and rooms were clean. It has several food option within walking distance and the full breakfast was a nice start to the day. Options for walking our dogs were plentiful. The whole deal helped reduce our stress.

• Stayed: July 2014

I am so happy that we were able to reduce your stress during your recent move from Tennessee. I hope your dogs were able to enjoy the 24 acre Bear Creek Dog Park. It's great to have one of the top 10 dog parks right here in Colorado Springs.
Welcome to Colorado Springs and thank you for choosing Residence Inn Colorado Springs South as your interim home:)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our stay was great appreciate the upgrade because of my Gold Elite status. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable. I always stay with a Marriott if possible when traveling and recommend Marriott to friends and family.

David Beene

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the excellent service we provide. Look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our first trip to Colorado, where we were heading to the Gypsum area, but wanted to do Pike's Peak (wonderful) and some other Colorado Springs things before heading west. We are retired and pretty much always stay in Marriott or their subsidiaries. We stayed in a Residence Inn in Vancouver, British Columbia last year and it was fantastic! Best ever, so this one had big shoes to fill. The location is terrific, very near the highways and near a lot of stores and restaurants. You can walk to Outback, which we did. The lobby, dining room etc. were all very nice. The staff, without exception, was friendly, helpful, polite, cheerful and knowledgeable. We were advised of a "social" gathering the night of our arrival and were disappointed cause we couldn't make it. Turned out there was one the next night that we didn't know about which we could have made. They put out quite a big splash of food and beverages and it would have been nice to come back and have something already made to eat and meet some folks. I believe they should have some sort of a sign that gets put up in the lobby area announcing this feature. It's only during the week (Tuesday and Wednesday I believe), and we only stayed two days so we missed it. The breakfasts were great, a wide variety of hot and cold.....scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, fruit, yogurt, waffles, cereals, various breads, bagels and muffins and quite a few juices. Terrific tea (my favorite) to choose from and fresh brewed decaf and regular coffee. My only suggestion would be to ditch the plastic ware and paper plates and go with real utensils. I'm sure it's a dishwasher thing or sanitary thing, but I cringe at the amount of plastic in the landfill from all this. Paper napkins, fine, but..... There's a computer area for use, limited to an hour I think (although I only needed it for 30 minutes, so I really don't know if that would time out.) It indicated a charge, but there was no charge. Was quick and efficient and there's a printer, which we were so grateful for. Since this is a Residence Inn with kitchens in the units, I suppose they have longer term guests than us, so typically folks would have their own computer with them...which is probably why there is only one computer.
Everything seemed clean and well maintained. They only have two luggage trolleys for the building, but most of us have rolling luggage anymore, so the fact that one wasn't available when we arrived wasn't the end of the world.
We opted for their studio where there's a wall around the bed making it like a small one bedroom unit. It is a really well designed well thought out floor plan allowing for the bedroom area to be private off the rest of the room. The layout handles everything very well. I'm in real estate and was very impressed with whomever designed this floor plan. Bed was queen size and the bedroom would be considered small on its own, but since it's really one big bedroom with walls erected around the sleeping area, it's more than adequate. Big vanity area, toilet and shower separated from vanity. Nice little efficient kitchen even has an apartment size dishwasher....small table & chairs suitable for two to eat comfortably. Full size sofa, big easy chair and they even worked a desk into the design. Two flat screen tvs. When will any of these hotels catch on to a "sleep" button on the remotes!!! I like to watch the news before going to sleep, but often fall asleep and then wake up to some awful commercial. No "sleep" button on the remotes! Ugh...but that's certainly not a big deal....I find that almost everywhere! There were two things that make this an "average" review, and not an great review. One was the mattress on the sofa bed. Horrible is the only word. We suggested that it may have had "red rock" in it since we were in red rock territory. Very very disappointed in this for a Marriott. Just the pits! And the A/C, worked as far as keeping us cool, but when it went on, it was extremely noisy and the A/C return was in the bedroom area, so it was practically at one's ear. I suppose this is a design issue but it sure would have been a better location elsewhere in the space.....woke me up from a sound sleep during the night.
Lots of young military folks staying here, which was nice. We felt a sense of pride at seeing our troops. My husband served in the Navy, so he was particularly pleased to see them amongst us. We felt that this Residence Inn is probably on the books for updating in the near future, at least as to some of the furniture. My husband commented on the bureau and night stand (small). I think the Marriott did a nice job at tweaking the room probably fairly recently as the artwork was nice, curtains were nice, enough dishes, pots, silverware, utensils, carpets, etc., and the big comfy chair and desk were to my liking. And the flat screen tv's must be newer. It didn't bother me a bit about the bureau, it was more than adequate for our stay, but might have been small if we both needed to put away things for a week or two. I would stay there again, but would ask to go to the room before I accepted it and turn on the A/C and check the sofa bed mattress. Otherwise it was perfect for us. We were on the 3rd floor, no noises to report (other than the A/C). This is not a big swanky JW Marriott, it's like an apartment away from home where you can bring home a pizza, a tv dinner, cook for yourself...and still have maid service if you want it. We like the kitchen aspect and whenever we can find a Residence Inn, that's now our favorite. We have come to dislike those fridges in hotel rooms, they are uniformly awful. Nice memories. Wish there was something between "Average" and "Very Good" to choose from! Good experience.

Room Tip: Before accepting a room, check out the noise of the A/C going on and off and its proximity to the bed. If you intend to use the sofa bed, check the mattress.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Colorado Springs South.
I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as our staff. We take great pride in ensuring our guests satisfaction. I am sorry that your mattress was uncomfortable and the AC was a bit noisy. Our team will make sure these issues are rectified.
Thanks again, you are a valued customer and we look forward to seeing you again soon.