“Below Average Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Colorado Springs South
Ranked #46 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Manchester, Missouri
“Below Average Residence Inn”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hotel is clean with a friendly staff. Had a "studio" room which was really small, hence the name "studio". Walls EXTREMELY thin, you can hear everything going on in the room next to you. When their alarm goes off, expect to be awakened as if it is in your room. Breakfast average Marriott fare, but they need to stay on top of keeping the items from being empty. Not my best Marriott experience. From a Platinum Marriott member.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank CorporatePilot62
Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was not as you expected. I appreciate your feedback concerning breakfast, I have made sure I shared it with our team. I am glad however, that our staff was friendly and helpful. I hope that we will be able to correct or mistakes for your future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Perryville, Maryland
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was an awesome stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel common areas and facilities were clean and well kept. My room was clean and comfortable with a perfect amount of space in the studio apartment.

The staff was very hard working and always in action. Floors being vacuumed, mopped, counters wiped constantly. The breakfast was great with a good selection of hot/cold cereals, eggs, breakfast meats, fruit, yogurt, waffles, muffins and breads. The staff was attentive to the cleanliness and upkeep of the food supply. Evening food service was much more than I expected and served as a full meal for me on the nights it was served. Excellent experience and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Second floor seemed to get a lot of noise from creaking floors above. I would recommend a first or...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you got to enjoy our evening social and that the staff was accommodating to you. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Could not have asked for a better stay. The staff clearly focused on the guest/customer and overall this property offered everything we needed and wanted. The rooms were very spacious and laid out very well and the kitchen offered the same ammenities of home. I highly reccomend this establishment and will only stay here when returning to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words, we appreciate all of your positive feedback. We enjoyed having you stay with us, hope we can see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have been coming to this Residence Inn for at least ten years, and, I'm sorry to say, it has gone way downhill in the last couple of years. This is not the fault of any of the employees...it is a corporate issue.
1) The hot tub has been removed, so that takes some of the fun out of swimming.
2) The furniture and beds in the rooms are not comfortable anymore, and really need to be replaced. King size beds need to be added to at least some of the rooms.
3) Breakfast is mostly inedible. When we first started staying here, the breakfast was really enjoyable every day. Daniel, the breakfast chef, did an amazing job of not only making the food incredibly tasty, but also making it visually appealing. Daniel still does the best he can, but what can he do with eggs from a bag and sausage made from brown fat? If Marriott can't do better than this, then they just need to stop having breakfast.
I guess we'll be parting ways with this property. It's sad to see it fall........... It was one of our very favorite places.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank kac1eac2
Fort Meade, Maryland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Despite being separated from family for an extended period of time, I did not ever feel far from home. This was due to the personal focus the staff provides to every guest, as well as the socials every Monday thru Wednesday for all the guests. You can’t beat the quality and service for the price!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We are so honored that you can refer to us as "home". I am glad that you enjoy our social experience, it gives our staff an opportunity to better know our guests and they look forward to the opportunity every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday! Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience and let us know if we can do anything additional during your stay with us.
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I spend at least half of my time traveling for my job. I stayed at this hotel for 2.5 weeks and this was the best stay I've had in a very long time. Everything was great...my room, amenities, and the staff. I have stayed in many places that had a kitchenette with a couple...maybe even a three burner cook top. This was the first time I have stayed in a placed that offered a full size stove. Being able to eat healthy while traveling is a challenge but that was not the case for this trip. The staff...some of the most pleasant and professional people I have had the pleasure of dealing with. That stay was the best times ten...absolutely no complaints and a million compliments.

Room Tip: I would classify myself as extremely safety conscious. It has always been a HUGE concern. I stayed o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 30, 2014

After being here for four months the excellent service, friendly staff, and professionalism has only continued to impress me; that's how you know it's real. GREAT, GREAT STAY!!!!!! My father told me that when we took family road trips he made sure we stopped at the Residence Inn because he knew the chain would provide the best accommodations and service for a great rate. He said there is no other choice for him.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you want and they hit the mark every time.
Green Features: Residence Inn is the standard bearer in environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business