“Don't Look Under The Beds” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge North Academy

Econo Lodge North Academy
Ranked #76 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Don't Look Under The Beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for Halloween with my boyfriend. The location seemed great, the initial service was friendly. When we got to out room though I had seen the rooms were poorly kept. The pictures were falling off the ceiling, the fire alarm was torn off and the light fixtures had chips in them. This caused for my boyfriend to look under the bed to find a dirty needle! When we called the front desk the guy casually stated, "I dont know what to do about this." and only offered us another room. It was still in poor condition, something in the air caused an allergic reaction and the breakfast the next morning was old bread and nasty waffles with wrinkled fruit. If you want a cheap place to stay in the area try the Howard Johnson up the road.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank TheKokopelliKid
Roger_Nation, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Academy, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I am sorry to hear that we dropped he ball and didn't have your room prepared properly. I have spoken with the staff involved and reiterated our committment to cleanliness and service.

Again, you have my apology and I hope you give us a second chance on any future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Norwich, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I choose this hotel because it was reasonable priced with a cat. For that, I thought the overall experience of the hotel and staff was good for the price. I was put in a pet room, which looked like a pet room. It just disturbs me that pet owners allow their animals to behave in such a manner. If you know they are an problem when you are out of the room (use the carpet as grass), crate them.

The bathroom was small. The bed was comfortable and suitable, no bugs. The staff was pleasant. I actually spilled some cat litter while using the cart (I never use the hotel cart, and will not use it again for this reason), but the gentleman was very kind and polite about the embarrassing situation.

The location was central. Hop, skip, and a jump from local attractions or a short drive to the mall in Castle Rock. It was even a doable distance to Denver (IMO).

I would recommend the hotel for the area and the price!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Roger_Nation, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Academy, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank You for you recent feedback. As the new General Manager I feel it's important to hear from our guests and what we can do to improve the hotel. We have many new upgrades in process and more on the way, so we hope to see you again on your next visit.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great location and easy to find. Not as shabby as the other hotels/motels in the area. The property is full of rabbits and birds, nothing exotic mind you. The rooms were tidy and kept clean. A little work could be done in the bathrooms, and I was unsure if we were allowed to go into the other building and use the pool, which I saw a lot of people do. It's a good spot for families, solo or on business. The lodge is surrounded by restaurants and fast food dining. The rooms are standard. The sinks could use some draino and the shower was a little less then my liking.

Room Tip: Mountains to see in one parking lot, restaurants in another. Don't drive over the bunnies and as...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Newmarket, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I chose to stay here for Parents Weekend so that I was close to the gate for the Academy. My room was clean and a decent size for my son and me. The beds were firm and comfortable. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful when I arrived. Staff in the breakfast room, not so much. Breakfast left a lot to be desired....they did have waffles to make but otherwise it was fruit loops, cheerios, white bread for toast, muffins and diet yogurt with some juice and coffee. I went right at the beginning of breakfast the first morning and was able to get an apple but there were not many out. The next morning, we went much later and there were none left. .

Room Tip: Make sure your door shuts tight and clicks before you leave it. I thought mine had closed on the wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Andover, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our first stay at an Econolodge. Not the greatest but not the worst hotel we've stayed in. The rooms were very small and in need of an update. The hall smelled like cooked sweet corn during our stay - which was odd. The beds are VERY firm. The pool was great - located in the connected sister hotel. It had a big water slide and an indoor/outdoor pool. Decent stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room was clean. We requested the nonsmoking accessible room. Nice clean linen, reasonable clean room. Needs some wall outlet coverings.

The breakfast room was a mess when we got there by 7:30, looked like a stampede had been through there. Could use a little tidying up.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to east side of the hotel are better choice. Not too noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple