We thoroughly enjoyed our visit here in June of 2013. Skye at check in was most pleasant and gracious. She gave us an excellent room, near the elevator and stairs with a lovely view of downtown Colorado Springs.
Facilities here are excellent. Large, comfortable rooms with delightful beds and bedding. We appreciated the convenience of having multiple power outlets at the base of bedside lamps. We were able to plug in our phones and other devices without problems. Our room had a small patio and sliding glass door.
We ate at the restaurant and enjoyed it!!! Chong, made a delicious, fluffy omelette for me. The rest of the bountiful breakfast buffet was tasty and featured home made Colorado green chili stew. Amazing!! Everyone enjoyed the massive skylight over the restaurant. It felt like we were dining outside!
A couple of small issues: When we first entered the room it sounded like something fell. There was a plastic sign on the door that dropped to the floor as we closed the door. We returned it promptly to the front desk. No one ever came to reinstall it.
On our last day, a very pleasant night's sleep was quite rudely interrupted by an aggressive housekeeper banging on our door at 8am. This was some two hours before our scheduled wake-up call. I said we were still sleeping. I thought that was it. She returned to bang on our door every ten minutes, at one point even trying to enter our room!!! I had to scream at her to leave us along and make a call to management just so I could get a few more minutes of rest. I found her demanding and pushy attitude unacceptable for such a fine hotel. And to enter a room where she knows that people are sleeping??? Downright rude.
The toilet paper holder in the bathroom was poorly installed. There was a considerable gap between the bottom of the two holders and the drywall below. It looked like a rookie installed it. Even I, with my limited skills, would be sure that it actually fit the opening.
The pool area is massive, with part of the pool inside for inclement weather. There was a large hot tub and a well equipped work out room. Lots of weights and exercise bikes. The property is very nice indeed.
We like that everywhere we needed to go was a short ten minute drive from the hotel. And, there was very easy freeway access. We felt safe and secure in the property and with the neighborhood. Lots of shops and restaurants are nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs your first stop when traveling to Colorado. Our Colorado Springs hotel is just off of I-25 and offers a complimentary shuttle to the Colorado Springs Airport. Walk to the World Arena Event Center just two blocks from the hotel. With scenic Colorado Rocky Mountain views of Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain, our hotel is the perfect place to relax for both business and leisure travelers. Walk into the warm ambiance of our newly renovated Colorado Springs hotel and immediately feel like family as our friendly staff welcomes you with a warm chocolate chip cookie and superior customer service at check-in. During your stay, you can enjoy a convenient, casual breakfast, lunch or dinner in our hotel restaurants, Maxi's Bar and Grille and Atrium Cafe. If you prefer to go out, our ideal location is within walking distance of the restaurants, shopping and a 20-screen theater. Once you return to the hotel from a long day of business or leisure activities, we have plenty of ways to unwind and enjoy yourself. From dancing to a relaxing glass of wine in our new Quiet Wine Bar, heated indoor pool, inviting exterior courtyard, fitness center, and beautiful guest rooms (complete with ultra, high-speed wireless internet access), you're sure to find the perfect setting for your Rocky Mountain getaway. Don't forget to check out our DoubleTree Colorado Springs hotel specials for additional savings. Book one of our packages today, there's one for every budget. Check out all the great activities nearby: • Pikes Peak & the Cog Railway • Cheyenne Mountain Zoo • Seven Falls • Cave of the Winds • Ancient Native American cliff dwellings at Manitou Springs • U.S. Olympic Training Center • "Garden of the Gods" • Royal Gorge You can also enjoy hiking, fishing, horseback riding, golfing, sightseeing, jogging or hot air ballooning in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Doubletree