“Excellent Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #18 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights for a class reunion. We got a discounted rate that was good for a Doubletree. We usually stay ay Hamptons so this was a step up. The hotel is just off I-25 and is close to many stores and outside restaurants. Our room was satisfactory and had a refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom had nice toiletries with a small sink area. Everything seemed clean.

The hotel is large and rambling. Getting around is a challenge until you learn your way. The pool and fitness center are on the 1st level and the 2nd level is the main one. The atrium restaurant, the lounge, meeting rooms, etc. are here. Katie at the front desk was very helpful in explaining what is nearby the hotel.

We ate two night meals and several breakfasts in the restaurant. The food and the breakfast buffet were always excellent. The service was also great. I don't understand the complaints about the food. Jim was our server twice and was extra nice. The prices are a little high but everything else was fine.

There is a large pool and a large hot tub. They were usually deserted when I was there. There were a few dead insects in the pool but not enough to cause a problem. The pool is heated and was comfortable. The nearby fitness center was adequare.

If we were to go back to Colorado Springs and could get a reduced room rate, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: You can order from the bar menu or the restaurant menu (more expensive dishes) and have either serve...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear ALoldsters - We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really appreciate the kind words in the review you posted. Getting our customer's feedback is always important to us. We will look forward to serving you again the next time you come to the Springs. Safe travels!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The availability of balconies were limited, they did find us one though that faced the roof. The refrigerator door was broken. You had to lift one side then push it closed. The microwave and fridge definitely needed updating. They seemed out of place in the room. The room was spacious and clean and the staff was great. Even though we faced the courtyard and night club, you could not hear a thing. TV was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear CatherineI - We appreciate the feedback from the recent review that you posted. My apologies about the microwave & frig & will certainly pass your comments on to our engineering department. Glad everything else went well & we invite you back the next time you are in town visiting your grandchildren. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My work program held a conference at the Doubletree in Colorado Springs in September 2013. All of our conference attendees raved about the location and the food. Nick and Sam in the catering office worked hard to ensure that all of our food and water needs were meet during the meeting. The food was so outstanding that that for the first time in 10 years of conferences, my attendees actually brought some of the food from lunch into the conference room to snack on during the meeting.

Brady did a spectacular job of setting up our audio system. With two microphones in operation, we normally have issues with feedback during our conferences. We didn't have any feed back programs during our stay and the conference was three days long!

Melinda and Shanna in the sales and catering offices also did a great job of helping me to plan the conference.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear MelissaP - We really appreciate the kind words & kudos that you gave in your recent review of our property. I most definitely shared your review with our staff that you had mentioned. We have such a great, hard working, service-minded group of associates here so it's even more special when they get mentioned by name. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay & hope you will come see us again the next time you travel to the Springs. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My stay was on the whole, quite satisfactory. There are most always a few glitches and I take that into consideration. I would stay at this hotel again. It was a military group of mostly senior citizens.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear JohnS - We appreciate you taking a few moments to post a review of our property. We're glad that you had a good experience while attending your convention here. Our staff works very hard every day to deliver superior customer service. Come back to see us!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were greeted warmly by the front desk staff. The room was clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The beds were comfortable, and we had a good night's rest. We plan to stay here again on our next visit to Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mark1952 - Thank you for staying with us again & posting a review of our property. We're glad that you enjoy our convenient location, quiet & comfort which is how any hotel stay should be. We will look forward to serving you again when you travel back to the Springs. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Never thought I would have anything but positive things to say about a Doubletree, every one that I have stayed at has been beyond excellent...except this one. My husband and I stayed here one night and unfortunately I am so glad it was only one. We were given a DLX Queen room (has fridge and mic) with courtyard access. When we first walked in we noticed an awful smell, like someone had smoked in the room and then there was an attempt to mask it but the deodorizing didn't work. The fridge was making noise all night long and the air conditioning was having issues keeping the room cool, these two things kept me from being able to sleep peacefully. We stayed in the room by choice because we were so exhausted so obviously it wasn't bad enough to leave, but I also would not have written a negative review if I didn't think it deserved it. The service was good, bed was comfy, but unfortunately the quality of the hotel was poor. I think it needs an update, most likely would not recommend staying here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear ELF0612 - Thank you for the feedback you have given us & taking the time to post a review. We are sorry to learn that we didn't meet your expectations & want you to know that we have shared your comments with all the various departments to help us get better. We do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Springs. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree Hotel. There was nothing that the staff didn't try to do to make your stay a pleasant one. I would stay again and I will recommend the hotel to my friends and family. My best hotel stay in a long time. The rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, the food in the restaurant I have to compliment the chef. I liked the location just off Interstate 25, close to shopping.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear DorisB - We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really appreciate our customer's feedback & also that you took a few moments to post a review. We hope that we have the priviledge of hosting you again in the future. Thanks again!