My wife and I stayed here for three nights for a class reunion. We got a discounted rate that was good for a Doubletree. We usually stay ay Hamptons so this was a step up. The hotel is just off I-25 and is close to many stores and outside restaurants. Our room was satisfactory and had a refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom had nice toiletries with a small sink area. Everything seemed clean.
The hotel is large and rambling. Getting around is a challenge until you learn your way. The pool and fitness center are on the 1st level and the 2nd level is the main one. The atrium restaurant, the lounge, meeting rooms, etc. are here. Katie at the front desk was very helpful in explaining what is nearby the hotel.
We ate two night meals and several breakfasts in the restaurant. The food and the breakfast buffet were always excellent. The service was also great. I don't understand the complaints about the food. Jim was our server twice and was extra nice. The prices are a little high but everything else was fine.
There is a large pool and a large hot tub. They were usually deserted when I was there. There were a few dead insects in the pool but not enough to cause a problem. The pool is heated and was comfortable. The nearby fitness center was adequare.
If we were to go back to Colorado Springs and could get a reduced room rate, I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs your first stop when traveling to Colorado. Our Colorado Springs hotel is just off of I-25 and offers a complimentary shuttle to the Colorado Springs Airport. Walk to the World Arena Event Center just two blocks from the hotel. With scenic Colorado Rocky Mountain views of Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain, our hotel is the perfect place to relax for both business and leisure travelers. Walk into the warm ambiance of our newly renovated Colorado Springs hotel and immediately feel like family as our friendly staff welcomes you with a warm chocolate chip cookie and superior customer service at check-in. During your stay, you can enjoy a convenient, casual breakfast, lunch or dinner in our hotel restaurants, Maxi's Bar and Grille and Atrium Cafe. If you prefer to go out, our ideal location is within walking distance of the restaurants, shopping and a 20-screen theater. Once you return to the hotel from a long day of business or leisure activities, we have plenty of ways to unwind and enjoy yourself. From dancing to a relaxing glass of wine in our new Quiet Wine Bar, heated indoor pool, inviting exterior courtyard, fitness center, and beautiful guest rooms (complete with ultra, high-speed wireless internet access), you're sure to find the perfect setting for your Rocky Mountain getaway. Don't forget to check out our DoubleTree Colorado Springs hotel specials for additional savings. Book one of our packages today, there's one for every budget. Check out all the great activities nearby: • Pikes Peak & the Cog Railway • Cheyenne Mountain Zoo • Seven Falls • Cave of the Winds • Ancient Native American cliff dwellings at Manitou Springs • U.S. Olympic Training Center • "Garden of the Gods" • Royal Gorge You can also enjoy hiking, fishing, horseback riding, golfing, sightseeing, jogging or hot air ballooning in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Doubletree