“Glad I got this at a discounted price.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #18 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The overall look of the hotel was very nice. Huge place actually. I wet on priceline and bid $75 per night and was accepted. So glad I didn't have to pay the $130+ that was advertised online. Seems like it's geared towards serving large events and not individual guests. We did arrive super late (2:30 a.m.) and the front desk lady was nice and directed me to my room which was very easy to get to.

We were very tired and went right to sleep but woke up sweating. Now as I read other reviews it is apparent that there is a lot of trouble with keeping the rooms cool. We had it cranked down to 60 and I don't think it got cooler than 75 in the room.

I ordered room service that morning and had a Pike's Peak omelet which was very delicious so kudos to the cook on that one! A bit pricey but I know room service always is.

We left the room around 11 a.m. and returned about 5 p.m. to find our room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to ask for it to be cleaned and towels replaced and also mentioned the air conditioning. I told them we were going to the lounge for a drink and they said they would send housekeeping and maintenance while we were gone. We returned at around 6:30 and all there were were clean towels laying on the dirty sink. No beds made, no trash emptied, coffee and cups not replenished and no dirty towels removed. Also, no one had been there to check the air conditioner. I promptly called the front desk again. The housekeeper then brought cups but no coffee and didn't offer to take the dirty towels. Maintenance did show up and fix the air so that was a relief.

The next morning my husband ran into the hotel manager and he had been walking the grounds checking things out as he does about every hour because they HAVE NO SECURITY CAMERAS! We were very appreciative that they do check their property on a regular basis but I thought all hotels (especially Hiltons) would have cameras.

Bottom line is this is a nice hotel but the staff (sans the Manager) does not seem to care if the guests get taken care of or not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view. Also go by the front desk on your way out for the day and make...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear TDBaxter - We truly value our customers' feedback so thank you for taking a few moments to post a review. We are sorry to hear about your A/C & housekeeping issues & your comments have been shared with both departments. I do hope you will allow us to serve you again the next time you come to the Springs. Thanks again.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Hotel was very good - traffic around is a little congested. Your can walk to a couple of places - Target & Chili's, but the "area" seemed a bit on the rougher side of town. Not sure about venturing out after dark.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear AngelaS - Thank you for your recent review of our property. We really appreciate hearing back from our customers. Glad that you enjoyed your stay & do hope you will choose us again the next time you come to the Springs. Happy travels!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our room was very large. The beds were comfortable. The hotel is older, but it was clean. It's a little dark in the hallways and rooms. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was nice. Nothing terrible. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear MarcMis96 - We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really have a great staff so glad that you noticed that. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again as it would be our pleasure! Thank you for posting a review, it's much appreciated.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Missing - handles for pulley in weight room. Gym is incomplete without this equipment. Broken - shower faucet. I lost an hour waiting for a repair. Noise - the guest upstairs woke me up at 5am, walking around. This is a design defect. Poor ventilation - the first room I was provided smelled like cigarette smoke. the replacement room smelled like to swimming pool. The ventilation systems in the rooms are inadequate.

2  Thank Michael M
Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Michael M - congrats on becoming a TripAdvisor contributor! We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. We by far have the largest Gym of the major hotels in the area and we only allow hotel guest in the gym, unfortunately from time to time there are maintenance issues that we don’t find out until it is too late for the next guest. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Pet peeve: too hot

This is an old hotel. Consequently, it has all those "old hotel" things I detest: dark rooms, rickety slow elevators, and very WEAK air conditioning. I left the room for 8 hours with the AC on 60 degrees; when I got back, the room was 77 degrees. (my little travel clock has a thermometer on it).

If you don't mind those things, the rest of the hotel wasn't that bad. Rooms generally clean, bathroom counter outside the main showering area. Lobby not bad.

But sorry, even in Colorado when I go to bed, I want the room to be about 68--70 degrees. Back to Hampton Inn across the road.

1  Thank Beachiz
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Beachiz - So sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. As concerning as that is, we still appreciate your feedback so that we can share it with our staff to come up with ways to make us better. I do hope you will give us another chance the next time you come to the Springs. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Arrived at 5:30 pm and told my King Deluxe room wasn't ready and was given a choice of a smaller room w/Queen bed or wait 30 minutes. The other two persons in our group were told the same story. They should come up with a better story.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Don L

Dear DonL - Thank you for taking a moment to post a review. So sorry to hear that your room wasn't available when you came to check in. We strive very hard to have rooms cleaned & ready to go by our 3pm check in time. However, at times, guests ask for a late check out, which we try to accomodate but can delay us in turning over the room. I'm sorry that we fell short of that expectation for you. Please give us the opportunity to be of service to you again the next time you're in the Springs.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We came for a family wedding at the DoubleTree. We arrived and were first excited that we had a balcony with a view. Unfortunately it was infested with pigeons and was covered with crap and feathers. We stayed for four nights and the pigeons woke us up every morning. My husband had to chase them away. They had burrowed into the wall between our balcony and the neighbor next door. There were pigeons everywhere. The room had no refrigerator. Bathroom towel shelves were jutting out and my stepson had to fix it. The Kleenex box had only two tissues stuffed into it, which I used the first night. We didn't receive new tissues or toiletries until we insisted. Women's bathroom near wedding reception room was closed during half of the reception. Since the mother of the groom is in a wheelchair, this was not just an inconvenience. It was unacceptable. When it was opened, the bathroom sinks would not drain properly. At other Double Trees I had free WiFi, but since I am not a gold or diamond level member, I did not have it at this one. Thank goodness for my Verizon iPhone...

2  Thank Susan B

Dear SusanB - We are so sorry to hear about the pigeon problem that you encountered with your room. We would of been happy to have moved you. Because of this, we didn't meet your expectations which is dissappointing. We do appreciate your feedback & hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.