The overall look of the hotel was very nice. Huge place actually. I wet on priceline and bid $75 per night and was accepted. So glad I didn't have to pay the $130+ that was advertised online. Seems like it's geared towards serving large events and not individual guests. We did arrive super late (2:30 a.m.) and the front desk lady was nice and directed me to my room which was very easy to get to.
We were very tired and went right to sleep but woke up sweating. Now as I read other reviews it is apparent that there is a lot of trouble with keeping the rooms cool. We had it cranked down to 60 and I don't think it got cooler than 75 in the room.
I ordered room service that morning and had a Pike's Peak omelet which was very delicious so kudos to the cook on that one! A bit pricey but I know room service always is.
We left the room around 11 a.m. and returned about 5 p.m. to find our room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to ask for it to be cleaned and towels replaced and also mentioned the air conditioning. I told them we were going to the lounge for a drink and they said they would send housekeeping and maintenance while we were gone. We returned at around 6:30 and all there were were clean towels laying on the dirty sink. No beds made, no trash emptied, coffee and cups not replenished and no dirty towels removed. Also, no one had been there to check the air conditioner. I promptly called the front desk again. The housekeeper then brought cups but no coffee and didn't offer to take the dirty towels. Maintenance did show up and fix the air so that was a relief.
The next morning my husband ran into the hotel manager and he had been walking the grounds checking things out as he does about every hour because they HAVE NO SECURITY CAMERAS! We were very appreciative that they do check their property on a regular basis but I thought all hotels (especially Hiltons) would have cameras.
Bottom line is this is a nice hotel but the staff (sans the Manager) does not seem to care if the guests get taken care of or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs your first stop when traveling to Colorado. Our Colorado Springs hotel is just off of I-25 and offers a complimentary shuttle to the Colorado Springs Airport. Walk to the World Arena Event Center just two blocks from the hotel. With scenic Colorado Rocky Mountain views of Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain, our hotel is the perfect place to relax for both business and leisure travelers. Walk into the warm ambiance of our newly renovated Colorado Springs hotel and immediately feel like family as our friendly staff welcomes you with a warm chocolate chip cookie and superior customer service at check-in. During your stay, you can enjoy a convenient, casual breakfast, lunch or dinner in our hotel restaurants, Maxi's Bar and Grille and Atrium Cafe. If you prefer to go out, our ideal location is within walking distance of the restaurants, shopping and a 20-screen theater. Once you return to the hotel from a long day of business or leisure activities, we have plenty of ways to unwind and enjoy yourself. From dancing to a relaxing glass of wine in our new Quiet Wine Bar, heated indoor pool, inviting exterior courtyard, fitness center, and beautiful guest rooms (complete with ultra, high-speed wireless internet access), you're sure to find the perfect setting for your Rocky Mountain getaway. Don't forget to check out our DoubleTree Colorado Springs hotel specials for additional savings. Book one of our packages today, there's one for every budget. Check out all the great activities nearby: • Pikes Peak & the Cog Railway • Cheyenne Mountain Zoo • Seven Falls • Cave of the Winds • Ancient Native American cliff dwellings at Manitou Springs • U.S. Olympic Training Center • "Garden of the Gods" • Royal Gorge You can also enjoy hiking, fishing, horseback riding, golfing, sightseeing, jogging or hot air ballooning in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Doubletree