“nice but a few things could be fixed”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
winnipeg, Canada
“nice but a few things could be fixed”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Breakfast buffett is excellent nicre pool but the hottub was filled with so much bleach I had to buy eyedrops bc of the burn! Air conditioning was FREEEEEEEZING!!!!! ruined my conference. couldn't get comfortable. bed comfy. clean

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
California
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very tired hotel. Like a "ghost town" feeling when walking around. No one in lounge/bar area and very few having breakfast. Room was large but very dated. We had to call for maid service because it looked as though carpet had not been vaccumed. I would not recommend eating dinner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Denver CO
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The DoubleTree : The Good: Great Location: Walk to many Stores and Dining. Across the street from Chili's, Subway, Deli, Arbys and Target. Mostly Cleaner than average hotel room exception of the Carpet in Room, Rooms are Huge, Wonderful view of Fountain. Indoor Pool is open until 11:00 PM. Bed and Sheets are very nice and very soft. About 5 miles away from Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. The Doubletree has delicious hot cookies upon check in and Lemon Water available on Tap in the lobby.

And The Just OK. The Customer Service swang from Par Excellence to OK to Bad.
The Employees would cheerfully greet you In person Nicer and more Enthusiastic than I have been greeted in a long time. But one day After a day of touring my GPS system would not load directions to EAST Cheyenne Mountain Road it only has West Cheyenne Mountain Road so I was lost, I somehow ended up at a Country Club in the Broadmoor Hotel area and called the Doubletree for backup directions The Man who answered the phone at the Doubletree showed very little interest in helping me with directions to the hotel and Curtly hung up on me. This left me lost for 45 min until Luckily I found the correct address for The Double Tree in Colorado Springs in a guide book I had as my Internet on my phone would not work either. On the last day we were left with no Coffee Cups, Shampoo, Conditioner or Lotion in the Hotel room. Called the front desk 4 times until 45 min later cup were finally brought to room.( I would have gone down to get my own cups but had the furthest room from the front desk you could have about a 10 min walk each way) But the Employee did apologize and was extremely nice upon delivering the cups. But due to the excessive 45 min wait time when I first called the front desk. I was late for a meeting. I would advise looking around the room before you go to bed and make sure your coffee cups are there because you might not be able to wait the time it takes to bring to you in the morning The carpet in the room needed cleaning Although the room itself was very clean . The Doubletree is Gigantic and took 10 min to walk to the front desk. Bathtub faucet had a bad leak due to pull on plumbing and drain plug in sink did not work and had to be removed. Only 1 Computer in Business Center was working so it was sometimes a long wait for the one computer. I don't know what it is but I just don't care for the Architecture of this hotel it seems dated.

So overall I would stay here again but I might look around to see if something else is available as well.

Room Tip: Be Aware this Hotel is Huge. It may be a 10 min walk upto the front desk
Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2013

There is nothing special about this hotel. I only ended up there because it was convenient to my meetings. The front desk people were pleasant. The restaurant service both evening and breakfast left quite a bit to be desired. The food was not great. The wine list was awful. The room itself was pretty dated. There had been some updates but obviously piecemeal and many of the finishes really didn't match. The shower head sprayed water all over the bathroom. The room was adequately cleaned, but the carpet had obvious food stains. I won't be eager to go back.

Virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I came here with my fiance for a conference. The hotel is very outdated and isn't in great shape. If you have time to do your research and you aren't made to stay here due to business, you can find something much nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear jigganilla - We are sorry to hear that our property did not meet your expectations! While we do appreciate you taking the time to post a review, we still fell short. This hotel was completely renovated in the spring of 2012 so these types of comments concerns us. But we appreciate your feedback & do hope you will give us another try the next time you come to the Springs. Thanks again.

Sherri Sheeran
Director of Sales & Marketing
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Room was great. We had a large party (11) go to the restaurant. Service was not very good. Wine menu really lacked a quality red. Food was decent. If I need a place to stay, worked great. If I needed to have a business meal, I would not recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
SnappyGreg,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel! I totally appreciate candid perspective regarding your stay. It is great that you were able to enjoy our rooms and that our location worked great for you! I am extremely disappointed that you did not receive the service we usually provide in our restaurant! I do agree with you, our wine list lacks some good wines and allow me to tell you that my new F&B Director has that as his top priority. We are looking in to some cutting edge wines from California and Oregon as well from the southern hemisphere, more specifically, New Zealand! Once again, your comments are appreciated. I always appreciate our guests' feedback. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and try our new wines soon.
Let me know when you are back in the Springs and I will personally arrange your accommodations. Tom Mamalis-GM
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We held a small wedding reception at the Double Tree World Arena for 50 of our family members and closest friends. The price was very reasonable, the planning was simple and the execution of the event was accomplished perfectly. The helpful attitude of the staff and thier attention to detail made for a very successful reception.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear JamesB - So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the recent wedding reception that you attended. We do many wedding receptions here & always enjoy being a part of the happy occasion. Also glad that you found our staff to be friendly & helpful. Come back & see us! Thanks again for posting a review.