“Rooms are OK. Just don't try the restaurant. The food is often cold and the service really sucks.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #15 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Other than the fact that every lamp in the room was un-plugged, the room was ok, not great, just ok. The restaurant was beyond belief. I had breakfasst both days and , yuck! The food was cold, service slow, server and supervisors, unconcerned. Thankfully, there are several restaurants within easy walking distance. Will i stay there again? Only if anothe conventions is held there for the group I belong to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 33388John
Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
First off congratulations for becoming a trip advisor contributor. I appreciate your candid comments about our restaurant. We do use all of our guest comments as part of our training. This is one of the reasons we ask for comments positive and negative. As you can clearly see from our comments we have more positive than negative. I am extremely sorry that my F&B team fell short in meeting your expectations and we do hope you allow us to show you our true colors in the near future. I totally agree with you as far as location; there are plenty of options with in walking distance from restaurants to shopping etc.

Thank you again fro taking the time to write and I hope you continue giving comments and to see you soon!
Tom Mamalis-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel was very comfortable and well kept. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I loved the heated indoor pool and spa! The staff greeted you as you entered and exited the hotel. The cookie provided was a welcomed bonus! I will be returning in July.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear FinisM - Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our property. We really appreciate our customer's feedback as it helps us tremendously. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay & we really look forward to your return in July. Safe travels!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Some things were great, some awful. Most of the staff were pleasant My room was clean and nice. I also appreciated the green chile at breakfast. Otherwise, though, this hotel is subpar. The common areas literally had piles of trash. There were abandonded room service trays that stayed there from the time I checked in until I departed the next morning. The bar is advertised as staying open until midnight, but I was told when I entered that 930 it was "last call". The decor is something from late disco. Not worth it! Thus not a typical Double Tree property.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank GaySolo
Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I apologize for the timing of my room service team picking up the trays and having my bar close early. I use comments like yours to train my team in an effort to be better, I have completed all my renovations in my guest rooms and I am attacking my public space. I am so glad that you found my staff pleasant and I’m delighted that you have seen our cleanliness first hand. We strive to provide the best service in the area and by far we are rated one of the cleanest hotels in our Brand. Once again thank you for your comments as we strive to improve daily.

Regards,

Tom Mamalis- General Manager
noco
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I would never elect to stay at this location again. The walls are paper thin, even moderate voice level conversations from the adjacent room were easily heard.
Automatic door closers were sprung so tight that entry doors slammed each time someone went in or out. this happened all night long.
A call to the front desk about noise levels in the hall went un-answered.

Disappointing stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bobjohnsonNoco
Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.com and at DoubleTree guest survey, I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy neighboring guests. I am thrilled that you provided my hotel with a candid review about its cleanliness. We strive to be the best in our service and quality of product.
Please contact me at tom.mamalis@hilton.com. I would like to discuss your experience with you and see what I can do to make things right for you, and gain you as our guest again.
Tom Mamalis – General Manager
Regina, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Customer service is above and beyond here. After a 16 hour drive, we were fairly tired and they quickly found us a room with a balcony. They were friendly and sincere and the cookie helped! The room was spacious, clean and the most comfortable bed I can imagine. We will always make a point of staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear JoanP - Thank you very much for the wonderful review that you posted on our property. We really appreciate you taking the time as hearing from our customers is very important to us. So glad that you enjoyed your stay & experienced the wonderful hospitality that we do our best to provide each & every day for all of our guests. We look forward to having you visit us again & please tell your friends who may be coming to beautiful Colorado Springs!

East Tawas, Michigan, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel staff was quite accomodating with service and efficiency and the Double Tree is centrally located to shopping and an array of restaurants.

The main lobby is immense and welcoming and the dining room is on that floor.

Breakfast was the only meal we ate in the dining room and we recommend their buffet but the menu selections were wide and varied and equally as tasty.

Our stay was 6 days in December and a couple of nights we chose to sit in the lobby and 'people watch' making the most of the 'room service' desk.

One night we used the pool and hot tub with our grandson and the facility was nice and warm and clean.

We would strongly recommend the Colorado Springs Double Tree for your stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the southeast side of the 5th floor with adjoining rooms and the view of the garden was...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear PaulaC - We are so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay! We also appreciate that you took the time to post a review. Our customer's feedback is very important to us! We do hope that we have the priviledge of serving you again & be sure to tell your friends that may be coming to Colorado Springs! Thanks again & happy holidays!

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Three of us stayed saturday night. Delightful staff, clean everything, fluffy towels, large and lovely room. Only not giving a 5 bc we could hear the music from a private party downstairs in the reserved place for such, until midnight. Since we had to awake at 5 am, that was not great However, i am not sure they could have done much about that. I almost changed the reservations bc of other reviews that were not very pleasing. We were so thankful we kept the reservation. I have no idea why some of those reviews were bad.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear CherylW - We really appreciate that you took the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay (other than the noise issue that you experienced). You stayed in one of our newly renovated guest rooms which now provide our guests with some very nice upgrades. We do hope that the next time you are in Colorado Springs that you choose to stay with us again & please, tell your friends! Thanks again & happy travels!