We met our son and his family at your hotel this past weekend (Sept 1 - 3). The hotel was very nice, clean & well maintained. However the staff was extremely rude and unresponsive. I feel as if this is a mangement problem.
When we first arrived, our room wasn't ready (even though we asked for an early check-in) and that was fine. My husband found a table in the bar and was able to log onto the free wifi to do some work even though the bar wasn't open. When the employee did come in to open the bar he didn't acknowledge by husband at all. Didn't speak to him or even act like he had seen him. Once the bar did open, the employee didn't come to my husbands table to see if he wanted something to eat or drink - he just stood behind the bar.
My son went to the Starbucks kiosk for a cup of coffee. He stood there for several minutes as the employee was cleaning up. He finally got her attention and without looking up, she said "We're closed" and went on with her cleaning. She didn't tell him what the hours were or ask him to come back later.
Finally, on Sunday morning my husband and I went to the restaurant for breakfast about 9:00 AM. We were seated right away and told that a waitress would be with us shortly. The hostess then went back to the where the cash register was and stood chatting and laughing with the manager. After about 5 minutes I tried to get the attention of a waitress. Although the hostess & manager both saw me waving to the waitess, neither of them came to see if we needed something, or to offer us a menu or a beverage. After 15 minutes of being totally ignored, we finally left. As we walked by the hostess & manager, neither of them asked us if there was a problem or thanked us for coming. They just continued their conversation and totally ignored us.
Although the cookies are a nice touch, we feel that the money would be better spent training the staff how to be friendly and helpful to their customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs your first stop when traveling to Colorado. Our Colorado Springs hotel is just off of I-25 and offers a complimentary shuttle to the Colorado Springs Airport. Walk to the World Arena Event Center just two blocks from the hotel. With scenic Colorado Rocky Mountain views of Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain, our hotel is the perfect place to relax for both business and leisure travelers. Walk into the warm ambiance of our newly renovated Colorado Springs hotel and immediately feel like family as our friendly staff welcomes you with a warm chocolate chip cookie and superior customer service at check-in. During your stay, you can enjoy a convenient, casual breakfast, lunch or dinner in our hotel restaurants, Maxi's Bar and Grille and Atrium Cafe. If you prefer to go out, our ideal location is within walking distance of the restaurants, shopping and a 20-screen theater. Once you return to the hotel from a long day of business or leisure activities, we have plenty of ways to unwind and enjoy yourself. From dancing to a relaxing glass of wine in our new Quiet Wine Bar, heated indoor pool, inviting exterior courtyard, fitness center, and beautiful guest rooms (complete with ultra, high-speed wireless internet access), you're sure to find the perfect setting for your Rocky Mountain getaway. Don't forget to check out our DoubleTree Colorado Springs hotel specials for additional savings. Book one of our packages today, there's one for every budget. Check out all the great activities nearby: • Pikes Peak & the Cog Railway • Cheyenne Mountain Zoo • Seven Falls • Cave of the Winds • Ancient Native American cliff dwellings at Manitou Springs • U.S. Olympic Training Center • "Garden of the Gods" • Royal Gorge You can also enjoy hiking, fishing, horseback riding, golfing, sightseeing, jogging or hot air ballooning in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Doubletree