“Hotel is nice but the service is HORRIBLE!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Longmont
“Hotel is nice but the service is HORRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We met our son and his family at your hotel this past weekend (Sept 1 - 3). The hotel was very nice, clean & well maintained. However the staff was extremely rude and unresponsive. I feel as if this is a mangement problem.

When we first arrived, our room wasn't ready (even though we asked for an early check-in) and that was fine. My husband found a table in the bar and was able to log onto the free wifi to do some work even though the bar wasn't open. When the employee did come in to open the bar he didn't acknowledge by husband at all. Didn't speak to him or even act like he had seen him. Once the bar did open, the employee didn't come to my husbands table to see if he wanted something to eat or drink - he just stood behind the bar.

My son went to the Starbucks kiosk for a cup of coffee. He stood there for several minutes as the employee was cleaning up. He finally got her attention and without looking up, she said "We're closed" and went on with her cleaning. She didn't tell him what the hours were or ask him to come back later.

Finally, on Sunday morning my husband and I went to the restaurant for breakfast about 9:00 AM. We were seated right away and told that a waitress would be with us shortly. The hostess then went back to the where the cash register was and stood chatting and laughing with the manager. After about 5 minutes I tried to get the attention of a waitress. Although the hostess & manager both saw me waving to the waitess, neither of them came to see if we needed something, or to offer us a menu or a beverage. After 15 minutes of being totally ignored, we finally left. As we walked by the hostess & manager, neither of them asked us if there was a problem or thanked us for coming. They just continued their conversation and totally ignored us.

Although the cookies are a nice touch, we feel that the money would be better spent training the staff how to be friendly and helpful to their customers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lori S
Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. However, the vast majority of our reviews in this hotel as well as in our brands score keeping reports, tend to be on the opposite end Our training is ongoing and a major focus of my management team. I have addressed these issues with my staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Tom Mamalis-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great location! Great atmosphere! The room was spacious and well appointed! Great balcony. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning. We has room service which was delicious! The only bad part was the incredibly high service fees for the room service.

• Stayed August 2012
Well, if you enjoyed the day-old cookies I know the fresh cookie upon check-in was amazing! (They are fantastic cookies aren’t they)? Thank for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I recognize that you could have chosen several other locations, so again, I am glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments and please, always consider the DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs your home away from home. By the way my new fitness equipment by precor are being installed on September 18th.
Tom Mamalis-GM
Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had a very nice two-night stay here this week. Location-wise, this was in a pretty good spot. Check-in was a breeze. I received a nice king room with a full sofa-bed. The pool was huge and the gym was decent. The best part of the stay was that each night, they had day-old cookies available to take. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Skip the breakfast at the hotel and head across the street to Olde World Bagels. That place was ama...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
La Grange, Kentucky
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great location, great staff, great rooms, at good prices what else do you need to know!!! Thank You Alma for doing a great job of keeping our room clean. If you get Alma make sure you leave her a nice tip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
You were taken care of by one of our best housekeepers! Alma is a wonderful employee and takes great pride in her job and the guests she serves. She is a definite asset to the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs. I hope to see you again and thank you for your wonderful comments as well.
Tom Mamalis-GM
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2012

From the moment our driver picked us up it was a super experience. He was on time and so darned happy to help! Yes the warm cookie he had ready did not hurt after a long flight.
The maid staff went out of their way to engage me in conversation. The restaraunt staff would not let me pay for my bananna after my workout. Of course I came back and paid for the full breakfast later which was good.
The most impressive action was on the part of Amy the front desk manager and Jarrod the day shuttle driver. I lost my cell phone and as a business woman this is crucial. They jumped through hoops to help me locate it. I was so grateful when Amy allowed Jarrod to even go to a location off property to help me search. Simply outstanding and above the normal response I expected. Super staff!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Beccaluvstravel
Tom M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am so happy that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay a great one. Here at the Doubletree by Hilton, Colorado Springs, we truly care about each and every guest who walks through our door and make every effort to delight them! As a business person myself, I understand the importance of communication and would be lost without my cell phone. I plan to commend my front office team on a job well done!

DoubleTree by Hilton, Colorado Springs – Where the little things mean everything.

Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located just off the highway and near a busy shopping area, but it is relatively quiet. The check-in process was slow with several families checking in, and it would have helped to have a separate check in line for Hilton Honors members. The room was very nice and clean. We were pleasantly surprised to find free wireless Internet access in our room. The large reception area is a nice spot to sit and read. The bar was a nice place for a late evening cocktail with multiple TVs playing various channels. We didn't venture into the indoor pool that was busy with kids. The breakfast buffet was a disappointment for the price with some of the items stale, the juices watery, and omelet chef missing. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and plan to stay here on our next visit to Colorado Springs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark1952
I appreciate your feedback as well as your business with us, Mark. Your review has helped to reaffirm some of our strong points as well as guide us toward continuous improvement in other areas of potential opportunity. We take pride in offering fantastic amenities for our HHonors members and take their requests seriously. Be assured these points will not go unnoticed! Although your stay was overall a good one, when we see you next we plan to make it a stay to remember!

Until then,

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We decided to upgrade to a suite and ended up with an amazing room... a King bed in one room, a huge living/dining area in the other room with a comfy queen-sized pull-out sofa and a HUGE bathroom with a deep tub, separate shower and 2 sink areas. The room was newly updated and super clean. The bed was, oh, so comfortable! We didn't have a nice view of anything but the room size made up for it. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool although, in the summer heat, it would have been nice to have an outdoor pool in that courtyard area as well. The breakfast was a big buffet with lots of healthy (and unhealthy) choices. They even had an omelet station with an egg-white option. This was a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 4foolsofwonder
It makes me smile to read this review. You describe the suites exactly the way I felt the first time I saw them! Huge, newly renovated, and beautiful! As far as the pool goes, you’re right. Although our indoor pool is great, we would love to be able to offer a secondary option to our guests. We have been reviewing several options for our courtyard area lately – there are plans – but for now we’ll keep them secret  Stay tuned for more details to come! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you again soon.