DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
$149
  • Restaurant
$139
$132
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$99
$199
Hotels.com
$208
$139
Hotels.com
HYATT house Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
Hyatt.com
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$103
$93
Agoda.com
Hyatt Place Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,273 results
All reviewsdouble treefront deskworld arenawarm cookiesbreakfast buffetlarge hotelmovie theaterwould stay here againfitness centernice stayomeletindoor poolparking lotpikes peaktargetconferencehousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed there in March 2012. Hotel is spread out. My room was a 5 minute walk to the front desk, bar and restaurant. Had the front desk call a taxi for me to go three miles. Front desk knew the destination. Taxi did not show. Front desk had to call another taxi. I explained I would be late for appointment. Never once did they offer to take me by one of the two shuttles parked outside the entire time. But cookie was good!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
GM-COSP, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Mocha 2005,

Thank you for your business and reaching out to us on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the shuttle opportunities at the hotel. I explain to our drivers that if it's slow, jump in the van and take care of our guests even though it's outside of our planned mileage range for the shuttle. It sounds like we met your expectations with a few items that we need to pay more attention to.

Thanks again for taking the time to write about your visit with us.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed here last week after attending a performance at the World Arena. Great warm cookies at check-in, friendly lounge; clean and well-appointed room with a comfortable bed...good value for the money. Some carpeting and decor seem dated, but it is well maintained. I would stay there again if attending a performance or function in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jim N,

I want to thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I’m happy to hear that we met your expectations at the hotel. You definitely have to give us another stay at the hotel as we are almost done with our room renovation. By June 9th, every room will have new furnishings and carpet as well as new wall vinyl and carpet in all of the hallways!

Thank you for taking some time to write about your visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Colorado Springs.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have stayed at this Doubletree twice, both occasions were November 2010 and 2011. On both occasions I was attending a conference closeby so the location was convenient. The room was comfortable, though, even though these were non-smoking rooms, there was a musty smell on both occasions which was noticeable in the hallways as well. The rooms were nicely decorated with comfortable beds and furniture. The bathrooms were nice and appeared well maintained. The first year I stayed the hotel provided free coffee and tea in the lobby at night along with batches of free cookies. This past year I guess the Doubletree had to tighten their belt and this was no longer offered. However, if you asked the front desk staff, they would give you cookies. They have several restraurants on the premises which were overpriced and the food was average. A reason I returned for a second year was the price, which was reasonable and competitive with other chain establishments in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim65_12
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I've stayed here several times in the past. It was fine then, but needs some work today. There were several of us staying here on a business trip and one had problems with her shower. The place needs some refinishing.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank SteveParker116
GM-COSP, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear Parker3097,

Thank you for taking some time to write a review about our property. The hotel does have a long history here in Colorado Springs and has overall good reviews about our staff and service. We just started our room renovations on February 7th. The first portion of guest rooms are getting released back to the hotel for rent next week. We are updating our guest room package, which includes a new bathroom with new tile, wall vinyl, bath chrome and refinishing the tub, as well as some new lighting. We are all very excited about what will transpire shortly. When the renovation is completed, the guest room package will be far superior versus our competitive set of full service branded hotels in the Springs.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I hope that you will give us another chance to earn your business.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

The room we were first put in was on the lower basement level and the room was scary. I did not want to sit or touch anything. Besides the worn & out of date furnishings the room felt like we were in a pit and sliding door opened up to a wall. No view of anything. Now it's the norm to look behind headboards and furniture for bedbugs and with the age of the furniture I was freaked out. It was very dusty but no Bbugs (thank goodness). It was late or I would have asked for another room that night. I was tempted to check and find another hotel the next morning but we were able to move to the third floor to a room that at least had a view of the mountains. Nice since it snowed. The decor was the same but the chairs and overall room cleanliness was much better. I was told the chain is going to big bucks into the rennovations that are in progress. If that happens coupled with the fantastic staff (front desk, shuttle drivers, concierge, bellman, wait staff) then this will be a Doubletree that should get the best reviews. The people at this hotel made us overlook the less than stellar room. We ate breakfast two mornings. Off the menu one day and the buffet the next. Buffet had wide variety. There are also Starbucks drinks available for purchase near the dining area. The hotel is right across the street from a strip that includes a Target. The World Arena (where we were going for a skating event) was 3 blocks away. Restaurants within walking distance as well as a movie theater. Airport Shuttle is complimentary.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Even with the renno's these rooms have no view at all at least on the courtyard pool side. This is a very large hotel and some rooms are very far from the lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Polarbearbeauty

Dear PolarBearbeauty,

Thank you for your candid response in regards to your recent visit to our hotel. I will agree with you that the first floor rooms are old and needs some updating. These rooms are great if you want a patio and like the ground level. That said, these rooms are the oldest rooms in the hotel and they really need some updating. Fortunate for us at the hotel and for everyone reading this response, the room renovation has started this month. We began with the four floor and will eventually get the first floor done by mid April this year.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and honestly, it doesn't meet mine as well as far as some of rooms on the first floor. I treat my hotel as my home and we are doing some “home” improvements. It won’t be too long before the refresh is complete. I really hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit our area.

Thank you for your business.