“Worth the Money”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #18 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is a nice hotel, located right across the street from resturants and shopping. The rooms are upscale and the bathroom was large. They had a fitness center and a pool which looked up to date, with new equipment. Check in and check out was a breeze. Overall this is definately a good hotel to stay in. You'd have to be really picky not to like this place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 25, 2011

When we stay at a hotel we always ask for the quietest area of the hotel possible. Our stay at this hotel was perfect!! The room was quite large...plenty of room to repack our luggage for the flight home and not feel crowded. Even had a little balcony area that looked out over the hotel courtyard. We kept the sliding door open to let in the cool mountain air!! This hotel has had some renovation in recent years and we really felt like we were staying in a much newer hotel. The beds were sooo comfortable, the bathroom was well laid out and had plenty of fluffy towels and their wonderful toiletries. This Doubletree is located right off I-25 with easy access on & off for all the "to do" things in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We recently held our annual Army Reunion at the Doubletree World Arena in Colorado Springs. As the cordinator of the reunion, I could not have been more pleased with Susie, my Sales rep, and Shanna, my Catering rep. They and their staff were a pleasure to work with. They were so very accomadating. In fact, sometimes they knew what I wanted before I even asked. The hotel main floor was very open and welcoming as some of us sat in the lobby watching for some of our group to arrive. (Love the chocolate chip cookies). The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. We have the Parlor Suite, which was very roomy and a pleasure to stay in It had two balconies that overlooked the mountains.. The room had plenty of soft towels, wonderful terry robes and comfortable bed and pillows. We had the Presidental Suite and an adjorning room on the 5th floor to use during our five day stay as our Hosptilality Room, which worked out great. The banquet staff brought in addition tables to accommodate our group and were more than happy to help us get it all set up. Our Friday and Saturday night dinners were held in the beautiful WINDOWS banquet room. It had more than ample space for our group of nearly 100 people. The food for both nights plated dinners were delicious and generious servings. I was assigned a Captain in the banquet room and Sam was terrific. If I asked, he was right there to see to it. Thanks, Sam. Both the Atirum Cafe and Maxi's Lounge offered a nice variety of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Service was great and the staff was very pleasant.
The housekeeping staff did a remarkable job and never once did I walk down the hall that they didn't say hello or offer a smile. There are several resturants within walking distance and a Target just across the street.
I would certainly recommend this Doubletree to anyone.....a couple, a family or a larger group. I wish that I could have the same hotel staff on my side at the location for our next reunion. Thank You, Doubletree for your attention to detail.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the mountain view. The hallways are long so if walking is a concern, ask for a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Stayed for a reunion. The hotel has a great location and a decent restaurant. There is a Target across the street and fast food outlets, Arby's and Burger King next door. I believe there was also a Village Inn next door. It is located directly off I-25.
When I first arrived, I couldn't find an elevator to save my life. Turns out there is one elevator in each corner and one near the lobby. But heaven forbid you got lost. I tried finiding the pool and it took forever and took forever to get back to the lobby.
The room I stayed in was a king with a mountain view. The room was spacious but the hotel needs serious work. The carpet in my room was coming up and the furniture seemed to be very "used". We also used the Presidential Suite on the 5th floor as a meeting room which was nice. But again, everything was very "used". It had a small step-out balcony with a view of the mountains. Not bad for what we needed.
If I had to travel to Colorado Springs again, I would probably look to a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This hotel was super easy to find and located near Fort Carson, perfect for the boyfriend.

I arrived a bit after 4 pm to check in and there were 3 folks at the front desk. I had to wait over 10 minutes to check in, but they were busy-USAFA vs TCU game that weekend. I can't remember the name of the gentleman that greeted me, but it was with a smile and I was checked into the room quickly and on my way.

The Room: I loved the layout of our King suite! Plenty of room, and we had a sliding glass door out to the lawn area and facing the lounge. The bed was super comfortable with plenty of pillows. We had a 32" flat screen TV, with ESPN and ESPN2 (required for my college football-I'm from Texas) and plenty of desk space. There was a pull out sofa and a coffee table. I loved how spacious it was, including the bathroom. The stopper in our bath was broken, and only after our first morning, and an attempt to use the soap dish to keep it open, did we return to find the maids had just removed it for us. (Thanks!) Part of the package I booked included a bottle of champagne. It was Cook's, which was ok, but it was at least served chilled and right when I requested it.
I definitely fell in love with the room and such.

The Lounge: I took a walk around the hotel grounds to get acquainted and have some dinner and a drink. I found the lounge with no problem and the bartenders were attentive and kind. It was a nice meal, served quickly and fresh. No problem.
That evening, after exploring CO Springs, we made our way back and had no trouble parking near our room. This was a plus as it was later in the evening and it still seemed pretty busy. They have a large, easily negotiated parking lot. We made our way to the lounge and enjoyed a few drinks. It was pretty busy, as there was a wedding at the hotel that weekend. Service was still good.
We went back Saturday evening to catch up on football games and have drinks, after spending the day sight seeing, and it wasn't quite the same. A lady, whom I figured was the lounge manager, was a bit rude when we departed. We had already paid our tab and she called me back and asked how I was paying, and only once the other bartender explained we were all set, she did say she was sorry, but she was a bit snippy.

Breakfast: I booked a romance package for the weekend, which included a breakfast buffet for both mornings of our stay, for two people. It was on one voucher, which was fine, but the boyfriend had to leave for drill before I was awake. The hostess/waitresses at breakfast were understanding and it worked out. The buffet had hot and cold options and a 'chef' to make omelets to order. Very nice and I was impressed with the prompt and friendly service of everyone I encountered that morning. A++.

Room Service: I only ordered room service once on Saturday afternoon. I called twice, with no answer, and called the front desk to connect me. After several rings, someone finally picked up. I ordered a couple of items and was told it would be delivered "once it was done." I didn't want an exact time, but just an estimate. Odd wording, but oh well. When it finally arrived 45 minutes later, it did still seem fresh and the gentleman delivering it was kind. I wanted to pay in cash, which was fine, but he said he had a lot of deliveries left to make and it would be a while for him to bring me back any change. I told him to just keep the change (on top of any fees they'd already included) and that was no problem. I just found that odd, also, as I must be the only one that wants to pay cash. I would have charged it to my room, but had the cash, so I wanted that option.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay. I will be going back to stay and will recommend it. Hopefully some of my small issues with the hotel and staff were just flukes. Thanks for a great stay. :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MingaLou
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights for a conference. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, the towels were soft and generous. While the staff was very pleasant to deal with and eager to help, getting in touch with the front desk was a problem. When calling from the room I ended up hanging up several times because no one answered. Once when I called because I had a message at the front desk I was put on hold and ended up hanging up after no one came back on the line for quite a long time (I ended up going down to the lobby to get the message). Also, the automated wake-up system does not work properly. I tried it twice and both times my wake-up call was 15-20 minutes late. The wake-up calls I arranged for at the desk were on time. The restaurant has a limited menu - but again service is a problem. We only ate one meal at the restaurant - our server was extremely pleasant - but we had a long wait before anyone came to take our order. One of the other people from my conference waited for over 25 minutes for a "rush" take-out order from the bar. Overall this is a very nice property, but they need to work on the service at the front desk and in the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Fotonut
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Sarah Tucker Catering Sales Manager & Jarrod Long Sales Manager were so professional and efficient in making our special day happen at The Doubletree Hotel Colorado Springs World Arena. We had over 150 guests attend our ceremony & reception and it was FLAWLESS ! We had several guests tell us they have never seen such a beautiful ceremony & reception. We will be recommending this Hotel & staff to all of our family & friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Suite room # 429 and it was the perfect size to entertain family & friends
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family