We stayed at this hotel on 7/28/06. this hotel is the Comfort inn South, not to be confused with another comfort inn in the area. We had made our reservation about a week before arriving by calling the general comfort inn(choice hotel) 800 number. When we checked in the girl at the desk said that she had a number of walk-ins and someone was inquiring about staying there and there was limited rooms. By evening the hotel was sold out--the desk clerk said she had 40 walk -ins. I did see some guy walk in with a coupon ---the girl said they have these coupon books at Denny's next door and at truck stops. the type of room for the coupon was limited but i think the price was like 79.
The hotel was clean, the room was fine, and the breakfast was decent. Since all we did was sleep there, I could not ask for more. The staff was very pleasant. There are inside corridors which I like and there was an elevator. There also is one computer to use to get on the internet. sometimes you had to wait to use it, but at least it was there. There was also coffee available to drink when it was not breakfast.
Someone said that the food in the area was limited. Not so.
We ate at a good size chili's right acrosss the street. There were a few other places plus some fast food places and dennys.
We were about 10-15 min from the cog railroad for pike's peak(watch the signs on the right side of the road--as we missed the sign and missed our reservation and had to wait to go on the next train) and the garden of the gods. We were right down the street from the 5 star Broadmoor Hotel(worth a vist to see this magnificent hotel complex especially since it is like 5 min away). Also across the street were a number of stores plus we were right near the entrance to the highway. The airforce academy is like 25-30 min north. Try to avoid rush hour as the highway has lots of construction on it and we hit it coming from the airforce academy to the hotel on our arrival day. That day the north bound side had even worse traffic.
We almost did not stay at this hotel because of some negative comments. I would definitely stay there again if I was in that area.
Remember this is a comfort inn, not a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly-remodeled Quality INN South, the perfect hotel for the leisure and business traveler. Conveniently located off I-25, we're just minutes from popular area attractions, such as the World Arena, Seven Falls, Pikes Peak, Ft. Carson and downtown Colorado Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn South Hotel Colorado Springs
- Comfort Inn Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Comfort Inn