WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #35 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Austin
“We Would Go Back Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

I'm retired and have asthma. I need a clean room. This room was a little dusty but after cleaning it up I felt very comfortable. Bed was clean, bathroom was clean. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

We just returned form a weeks stay @ the Comfort Inn South. The hotel's location was a little confusing @ first, you need to look behind the restaurants, as it is not on Lake Ave. directly. We had a king size room with micro/fridge as requested. The room was fine, and very clean upon arrival. A/C worked well & bed was quite comfortable. Continental breakfast in lobby area was quite adequate. The cleanliness issues described in other posts, I believe may be related to which housekeeping person is assigned to the room. We had 2 different housekeeping persons during our stay. It appeared that one just made the bed and changed out the towels, even though we left an empty tissue holder out for her to see. The other actually cleaned the room and bathroom in addition to making the bed and replenishing toiletries, tissues, and towels. This hotel is convenient to I 25 and there are several restaurants closeby, and a shopping center accross the street.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — room often not serviced until after 3:00 pm
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

I saw reviews on Trip Advisor and picked this hotel. I appreciated the comments people take time to give so thought it was time for me to start contributing comments. This Comfort Inn was a great place for the first night of our vacation with our teenage girls. Views of the Rockies, very nice lobby, room clean and nice, felt like a place you wanted to stay. Pool area was very pretty, again, with views of the mountains as I swam laps that I haven't had time to do yet this summer till this vacation. Only issue was that the alarm clock went off at 5:00a.m. Would recommend that you check any hotel alarm before you go to sleep. Breakfast was standard Comfort Inn breakfast - however, the sausage gravy for the biscuits was really good. It was a little pricy at $118 with tax and all, but glad we spent the extra bucks.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Las Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2008

While traveling from Rapid City to Tucson, I decided to stay at this property, as I knew it previously as the Hampton Inn which was a very nice, clean and comfortable property. Upon first appearance of the lobby, it still had that nice clean fel to it. But upon my arrival to my room all had changed. First the odor - it smelt like a meth lab! The fan was blowing, so I pulled out the filters and they were caked with dirt, dust and almost anything else you could find. I left them out in hopes of clearing the terrible smell in the room, which after time it did. I had to ustilize the bathroom and noticed what appeared to be a streak of rust in the toilet bowl. But when I flushed the toilet bowl, the rust washed away - as it was not rust it was feces from someone elses previous use of the room!! The following morning while preparing for my shower, I pulled the shower curtain closed. Stuck to the shower curtain was dried snot!! As I sttod in the shower, water began to build up in the bottom of the tub. Thinking I had not opened the shower drain, I bent down and infact the shower drain was wide open. Before my shower was over I was standing in about 4" of water due to poor drainage. After getting out of the shower, I looked down at the tiled floor. I do expect to see some wear and stains in the grout, but the grout was black from build up of just crud! I must say i was thouroughly disgusted with the cleanliness of the room. When I reported it to the desk clerk, and older grey haired man - he didn't say a word, sort of snickered and that was his response!! So I completed a comment card indicating the problems I had encountered and asked the clerk to make sure he had the GM see my comments. He reached over and put it in a box mared comments not taking my request or my concerns serious. I am not sure what happened to the Hampton Inn - but I can asure you i won't be returning to this Comfort Inn ever again.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank Vegas_Hotel_Manager
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

We booked a double and when we arrived got a kIng and a sofa bed. They were full so we had to make do. The free breakfast was adequate. Staff friendly. Fairly clean. We really wish we would have stayed farther north. Would have been a bit closer to most of the sites we visited. Overall, ok and not too far a drive to area attractions.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sac
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2007

Nice hotel, very clean. The room was spacious and comfortable. Slept
great in the bed and I'm picky about mattresses. Room had mini fridge
and microwave so it was great for reheating leftovers from dinner out. The breakfast wasn't bad although they weren't cleaning around the waffel maker as often as they should have. One warning, the elevator door likes to close quickly and doesn't always recognize that you are still in it. Overall a clean and comfortable stay and I would certainly stay again.

• Liked — Great bed
  • Disliked — Hard to find at first since it is not on the major street.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Kent, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

We were going to stop at Manitou Springs but couldn't find anything that looked nice. So drove onto Colorado Springs, got caught in the traffic arround the acadamy and found the hotels near there were full, so drove south and settled at the Comfort Inn South. What a good choicenot cheap at $120 a night but as we were going to drive upto Pikes Peak we settled on 2 nights here. We were given an upgrade to a room with 2 queens a fridge & microwave. The coffee maker looked new, the beds were very clean and comfortable. the bathroom had been newly refurbished so all in all it was good value. It had been a hot day with thunderstorms and hail but the air con worked overtime and when we went to bed it was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and very acceptable.
The drive up to the top of Pikes Peak is fantastic and I wouldn't go on the train, I'd always drive especially as my wife was so scared she didn't say anything all the way up, what peace. I did however suffer a bit from altitude sickness as this is the highest I have ever been and at 61 I'm not the fittest of people, but it was still worth it.

• Liked — Everything even if it is a bit pricey
  • Disliked — The Cost
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple