“Decent room, nice staff, but lacking in some areas” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Airport

Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #35 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Fontana, California
“Decent room, nice staff, but lacking in some areas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn. The front desk staff were friendly each time we passed by or had questions. Our room was clean, equipped with a mini fridge and microwave, and was quiet. The continental breakfast had cereal, fruit (mostly melons), toast, yogurt, pastries, juice, coffee, and a hot item (one day it was eggs, another day it was biscuits and gravy). The two main drawbacks were the pool (it was closed for renovation, so we had to use the one at the Hilton Garden Inn next door) and the location (it's in a very industrial area - not the most inviting locale, but fine if you have a car and can drive to your destinations).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

My flight had been canceled and the staff helped me find another one. They also shuttled me to and from eating and shopping. The breakfast was free and really good! I want everyone to know this is the BEST airport property to stay at. They keep it very quiet here as well! Good Job to a wonderful staff!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Friendliest staff I have ever experienced at a Hampton Inn! I had free breakfast with the stay too. They remembered who I was when I came to the lobby and I was always greeted with a smile! I was allowed to leave my car for free as well!! Great Stay! Thanks to the staff!!!

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Went to visit my son before he leaves for Afghanastan and stayed a week. The rooms were a little small but comfortable, exceptionally clean, nice pool, lovely breakfast but the high light was the staff. They are friendly and helpful. Erin on the front desk saved me $70 and she went out of her way to get me a ground floor room near the pool so I wouldn't have to walk far due to recent surgery.On the day we left they had a bag breakfast for us to take .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne P
Hopkins, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

Even though I booked far out in advance, when I arrived, I had to accept a handicap room which meant no tub, the entire bathroom floor would get soaked from the low pressure shower and not enough counter space or drawers to put toiletries in the bathroom. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable enough, and the staff was nice, but for the price, there are many nicer hotels in Colorado Springs. The hot continental breakfast looked nasty and food gunk was caked on the serving spoons so I just skipped it for some McDonalds. I checked out after two days and found a much nicer hotel for the same price for the rest of my stay in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Sedona, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

The location is near the airport, so if that is what you are looking for, you will be fine. It is in a complex of three hotels, and I think I might have chosen the Hilton Garden if I had known. Nothing special about this hotel. The pool was not in service when we were there. Despite its' closeness to other hotels and the highway and airport, it was very quiet. It is an okay stay a little older than some other Hamptons we have stayed in. Love the Hampton beds though. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn, Nothing spectacular about the hotel, but nothing bad either. I think I would look for something else next time though.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

The only rooms available were smoking rooms but the front desk suggested we visit the rooms and decide which had the least smoke odor. We picked one and borrowed spray freshner from the housekeeping cart. It's an older unit and not quite up to the Hampton Inns we've stayed at previously
Except for the Hilton Garden Inn restaurant next door, this Hampton is several miles away from other restaurants making it a bit isolated.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple