Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #36 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Hudson, United States
“fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

With the lobby under renovation, no f ront desk, the floor removed and a confused staff the arrival process left much to be desired. An advanced warning of the renovaiton should have been expected. In future plase advise me when a poor arrival experience can be expeced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Dennis W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I find myself "middle of the road" on this one. Staff, for the most part, was very friendly.
The breakfast situation has been adequately mentioned. The two breakfast attendants
were not particularly outgoing. Not the usual Hampton norm. The renovation work is
understandable. However, the occasional shutdown of the elevator was not so great
with a third floor room. Room was good although next to the elevator and ice machine.
A small point, but the towel hook by the tub/shower is a nice feature as are the cleaned
duvets. I have spent a lot of time in Mexico and truly like the Mexican people and am
glad to see them working. Often in jobs that others would not do. However, I think
it would serve well for the Hampton to hire people that speak english. Housekeeper I
dealt with was pleasant but totally misunderstood a request I had made. In the lobby
the daily newspaper has been discontinued. I had no problems but I am very familiar
with this city and this area has the highest crime rates. Another reviewer mentioned
that a clerk said that a stay on points is free. If this was said, I take exception to it as
points stays take a lot of accumulation and the customer has made it a point to stay
at the particular chain.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rt66tbird
Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Just remember you get what you pay for. Staff was friendly and helpful.
They are going through much needed renovations.
We stayed two night and used 20K points and didn't mind eating pool side and the renovations.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BayouPlaquemine
Gabi V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area to see the finished result of our renovations.
Mesa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The room was comfortable, but there were few rooms available which left us with a smoking room (something I haven't done in a long time). The hotel was undergoing renovation, but even so breakfast was acceptable and the staff was good. I expect after the renovations are complete the hotel will be even better.

1 Thank Thomas M
Cumming, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was the worst Hampton Inn we have stayed at, the place is falling apart. Do not waste your money. If you are staying for business good luck, the "business center" has one computer with wires hanging from the ceiling and the door for the staff is behind you so as they come out you get hit and they really do not care. What a dump, you eat on the edge of the pool which is yellow not very appetizing

1 Thank Denis P
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again.
I am very happy to inform you that our lobby renovation is complete which includes a brand new business center and breakfast area. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I asked for a non-smoking, quiet room. I was placed next to the pop machine and elevator. it was labeled a non-smoking room; but smelled of cigarettes complete with burns on the furnishings. I was using Hilton Honors points so the clerk told me that the room was free, as if I should expect poor service and accommodations. Apparently they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but that was never mentioned to me. It is a great location if you are a smoker, and a sound sleeper.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Kevin P
Thank you the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the type of room you reserved. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Colorado Springs, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff was not as friendly or welcoming as I would have liked. It was also a big pain that the bathrooms downstairs by the lobby and breakfast area were not in working order. The breakfast area was really small and our family of 6 had to squeeze into a table for two. It served it's purpose as a place to sleep, but certainly not a friendly place. We won't stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles