“Anniversary flop”

Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #74 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked a room with an inroom hot tub and it was just a bathtub with 4 jets. No coffee maker, no phone cord, bottom floor had water damage

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8-07246, Manager at Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time in writing a review. I am sorry thet your stay is unsatisfactory.
We did have an emergency a week ago when a guest broke the fire sprinkle head.
It is under construction and first floor will be newly renovated. I did check our website to make sure that content is correct which currently list bath tub not a hot tub .I hope to see you back at our property when we get done with the renovation.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport

Reviewed April 20, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8-07246, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I tend to have late check-ins at hotels so I've learned that I may not get the greatest service in the world from the front desk when I show up. Super 8 was no exception. When I arrived, the front desk clerk was a bit harried as she was trying to take care of someone over the phone. By the time she was done, I had stood there for over 10 minutes...not a big deal, but it would have been nice if she could start the check-in process while talking on the phone instead of pacing back and forth in front of the counter. When she got done with her call, she was very sweet and took care of me but she was stressed enough that she never wrote my room number down for me. While I was reading and signing the paperwork she told me what it was, buried in the rest of the info for the property, and I didn't hear it properly and had to go back later to make sure I knew what room I was in.

While I was there, the hotel was being renovated so the pool and spa were not available, and there was a good amount of hacking and banging that started around 7:30 am. The website did not inform me of this or I probably would have chosen a different hotel. This hotel is in dire need of the renovation, as the common areas are incredibly shabby (ie threadbare carpets on the stairs and in the hallways, smell of smoke in the common room/lobby). There is one ice machine - and it's by the check-in desk, along with 1 vending machine for snacks and 1 vending machine for drinks. For people not familiar with the area, this could pose a problem, depending on the weather at the time you're there.

The room itself was spacious and clean. The bed was comfy - I hate it when hotels have hard beds and this one was perfect. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of room to move around in. I could also control the temp in the room which was a blessing, since during the winter months a lot of places over heat the rooms.

The WI-fi for the room never did work and I couldn't get a front desk person who knew what to do with it. There is no Ethernet hook up in the room for the internet. The remote for the TV didn't work at all. The alarm clock didn't work either. I had to do a minor repair to the shower head to get it to work properly. Before that the thing leaked like mad and had no water pressure. The door to the room was a little difficult as well - it really didn't want to open, so I had to throw my weight behind it to get in there.

For anyone who needs it, there is no elevator with this property. Just stairs. Not a big deal for someone who can run them as there are only 2 levels to this hotel, but trying to lug suitcases up stairs that turn a corner and then continue can be a bit of a pain. If you have a problem with this, you're definitely going to want to request a 1st floor room.

Check out time is 11 am. And they mean that! When I asked if I could get a late check out (my flight left at 4:30 pm on my last day and the weather was horrific) I was informed that I'd have to wait until the morning I was to leave and then come down and ask if they could accommodate me with my request then. I woke up a little late that morning (thanks to no alarm clock) and wasn't able to get to the desk until about 5 minutes after 11 and they had already turned my room key off. Which wouldn't have been so bad if the girl at the front desk wasn't on her personal phone talking to a friend, making me feel like I was an imposition to her, asking her to do her job. (Admittedly, this is a pet peeve of mine - employees chatting on their personal phones and ignoring customers.)

Parking is plentiful, so you don't have to worry about fighting for a spot. There is also a dirt lot behind the hotel for trailer parking or over sized vehicles.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
super8-07246, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experince during your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. I am glad that you found the room and the bed to be comfortable. Our hallway ,and stairs carpet was replaced last year and also doing other renovation.
Again thank you for the review.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8-07246, General Manager at Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8-07246, General Manager at Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Overall it was great! The bed was comfy! Nice AC! You need to put in an elevator!! Need to update the door card keys.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary H
super8-07246, Manager at Super 8 Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience during your stay. I am glad to hear that you found our bed to be comfortable and with good AC in your room. I am sorry that our property does not have elevator but we will accommodate you on the first level on your future.
Hope to see you back at our property.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We drove all day so when we got to the hotel all I wanted to do was check in and go to sleep. However we had to stand around and wait for almost 20minutes for someone to come check us in. There was a little sign on the counter that said for assistance dial 0 with the house phone. I did that and informed the women that I was there to check in; she told me she would be right there. 20 minutes later she showed up to check us in.
The breakfast wasn't much of a selection. Lots of carbs. Would be nice with some yogurt or something

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was unsatsfactory. Our goal is to provide good customer service and we will look into this.