Travelodge Colorado Springs
$179
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$159
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$171
$189
$161
  • Pool
HYATT house Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$182
Hotels.com
1,048 results
All reviewspikes peakindoor poolgardengodshousekeeper
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We took a 5 day trip in the Colorado Springs area in order to see the Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, etc . . . I saw this hotel on trip advisor as affordable, clean, and near the attractions. I found all of that to be true. BUT, if it were my hotel, I would do a few things to make it perfect. One, a number of areas are cluttered. Not necesarily dirty, just cluttered. You see it behind the hotel front desk and behind the breakfast bar. Also, too many soda - snack machines squeezed into a small area. Two, I think there are important areas that need maintinance to include the back entry-way and stair well. The hotel rooms and doors are inside the building, but it has a motel feel as you go through about 3 doors to get into the main building. Thrid, there is nothing they can do about it, but the hotel is in a some what run down area. No, it is run down. The abandoned chinese restaurant next door is gross and over-run and has a sign that reads, "Who Farted?" A real turn off for my wife. If I was the managment, I would just walk over and take the letters off the abandoned sign. Last, the pool is ok. Warm and big enough, but the pool room itself is dirty, old and needs some maintinance.

The plusses for this hotel are many. I'm not sure they justify being ranked number 4 in the Colorado Springs area though. One, it is near the attractions and we were able to drive to the Garden of Gods twice in just about 10 minutes. It was also a short drive from the hotel to the entrance to the Pikes Peak which was really nice. You can walk over to the Old Colorado City area, nice, but again, the walk over takes you through some run down areas as well.

The room was pretty small. They have a nice table with two chairs, but it is so cramped you can not even pull the chairs out to use them! I had to rearange things a bit to make it usable for our 4 night stay. They room was comfortable though with air, thermostat, and beds that feel like they belong in the Hilton.

We enjoyed playing pool in their lobby a couple of times. The breakfast is ok - not many items but the traditional waffles are present.

The customer service is a definite 5. They are friendly and helpful. Everyone from the maids to the desk to the people running the breakfast. Good job!

Room Tip: The 2 queen bed rooms are so cramped you can't sit at the table.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
travelodge2625, Manager at Travelodge Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We thank you for your comments and your stay with us. We are under new owners and are starting our upgrades and cleaning up the hotel. We hope you had safe travels.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

We just drove up and needed a room for the night..the outside looks a little tired and dated but we just wanted to settle down for the night. They only had a suite left so we took it. It was $89 p/nt. The room was huge. It had a king size bed, and pull out sofa in the living room, a fireplace, a deep jacuzzi tub that 6 people could fit into, a huge bathroom w/sauna. We also got a terrific buffet breakfast included in this price. The pool was nice. We couldn't believe the rate! There is another Travelodge within a few miles-don't confuse the 2 the other one is not nearly as nice! We stayed there 1 nt too because this htl was full for the next night. It is super close to Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak & the cliff dwellings. Staff was friendly, close to restaurants. We ordered chinese delivered. Not a deluxe hotel,but great for the price!

Room Tip: Book the suites for the extr $10 a nt it is well !
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mtmsc

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We booked here based on other Trip Advisor reports. Indeed the staff are very attentive. The rooms are small, but clean. Most room furniture appears relatively new, and the room we had was painted recently. The outside has some character and the lobby even had a pool table in it. Breakfast included standard cold items, waffles, & hard boiled eggs. Items were restocked on a regular basis. However, there was something about the place that just made it feel strange. Perhaps it was the single front door that felt like a back door, or the stained hall carpet or the ever present security cameras or the room safe mounted on the table top in the room (at no extra charge). We would stay here again without hesitancy, but it just has an odd feel to it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I would rate travelodge as a decent economy motel. It has excellent staff, very economical and close to most of the attraction. Besides it has the indoor pool which is great when the sun is too strong to have a dive in outdoor pool. Overall it is homely best for people on budget.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Retlos

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I booked two rooms at this hotel for me & my parents based on the number of positive reviews on Tripadvisor and the location. Obviously none of the Tripadvisor reviewers stayed in an accessible room. My mom is a wheelchair user so having an accessible room is a necessity for her.

I booked a queen accessible room for my parents. When we arrived, I noticed that there was no wheelchair accessible parking by the door. We got off to a bad start with the desk clerk. I asked where the accessible parking was and she told me that they didn't have any. I told her that I needed a wide parking place for our van to get my mom's wheelchair in/out and could I park in two places. I was told that the hotel was full and I would be towed if I used two spots. I found that unacceptable and let her know that ADA requires them to have accessible parking if they offer accessible rooms. The clerk tried to tell me that ADA laws didn't apply in Colorado so she obviously had no clue what she was talking about. Unless they secretly seceded, Colorado is still part of the United States.

I drove around the building trying to find a parking spot and discovered that they did have a single HC parking place in the back. The problem is they lock the back door from 10 PM to 6 AM so if we came back later than that, we had to go all the way around the building to get inside. That was annoying but at least I was able to get my mom in and out of the van without hitting another vehicle.

The queen accessible room is very small. My mom was unable to roll between the bed and the window due to the lack of space. There was barely room for her to get to the bed without scraping her wheels against the wall. There was not enough space for two people to get by each other in that room. The bathroom was an adequate size and had bars near the toilet and tub. However, it had a tub that did not have a seat, which made it impossible for my mom to use the tub without assistance. We asked about a seat but were told they do not have one. They do not have any rooms with a roll-in shower.

According to the hotel website ALL rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. What they actually mean is all rooms EXCEPT accessible ones. The queen accessible room does not come with the advertised microwave and refridgerator. When we asked about it, we were told that when they made the bathroom larger to accommodate wheelchairs, they had to use some of the bedroom space so they didn't have room for the microwave or fridge anymore. The website is misleading.

Basically, to create a wheelchair accessible room, the hotel took a regular room and enlarged the bathroom. They had to put a queen size bed in the room instead of a king size and remove some furniture. Even with those changes, it was impossible for a wheelchair user to get to some areas of the room.

Overall, the hotel wasn't very clean. There are stains on the carpet (probably coffee from breakfast) and the wallpaper is ripped in the hallways. It could use refurbishment.

One good thing, either the other guests were very quiet or the rooms are well sound-proofed because we did not notice a lot of noise from door slamming and talking in the hallways like other hotels.

It is fortunate that we were only staying there for a couple of nights. If I had realized how awful the accessible room was, I never would have booked it. I would never recommend this hotel to a wheelchair-dependant person.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family