We took a 5 day trip in the Colorado Springs area in order to see the Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, etc . . . I saw this hotel on trip advisor as affordable, clean, and near the attractions. I found all of that to be true. BUT, if it were my hotel, I would do a few things to make it perfect. One, a number of areas are cluttered. Not necesarily dirty, just cluttered. You see it behind the hotel front desk and behind the breakfast bar. Also, too many soda - snack machines squeezed into a small area. Two, I think there are important areas that need maintinance to include the back entry-way and stair well. The hotel rooms and doors are inside the building, but it has a motel feel as you go through about 3 doors to get into the main building. Thrid, there is nothing they can do about it, but the hotel is in a some what run down area. No, it is run down. The abandoned chinese restaurant next door is gross and over-run and has a sign that reads, "Who Farted?" A real turn off for my wife. If I was the managment, I would just walk over and take the letters off the abandoned sign. Last, the pool is ok. Warm and big enough, but the pool room itself is dirty, old and needs some maintinance.
The plusses for this hotel are many. I'm not sure they justify being ranked number 4 in the Colorado Springs area though. One, it is near the attractions and we were able to drive to the Garden of Gods twice in just about 10 minutes. It was also a short drive from the hotel to the entrance to the Pikes Peak which was really nice. You can walk over to the Old Colorado City area, nice, but again, the walk over takes you through some run down areas as well.
The room was pretty small. They have a nice table with two chairs, but it is so cramped you can not even pull the chairs out to use them! I had to rearange things a bit to make it usable for our 4 night stay. They room was comfortable though with air, thermostat, and beds that feel like they belong in the Hilton.
We enjoyed playing pool in their lobby a couple of times. The breakfast is ok - not many items but the traditional waffles are present.
The customer service is a definite 5. They are friendly and helpful. Everyone from the maids to the desk to the people running the breakfast. Good job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently Renovated in 2011Newly Remodeled, Close To Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods and Seven FallsGet high on adventure on your Rocky Mountain getaway at Travelodge Colorado Springs hotel. Only a few miles from world-famous natural attractions, our Colorado Springs hotel near Seven Falls is the perfect spot to reach exciting hotspots like Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods and Cave of the Winds in just minutes. All of our non-smoking rooms come equipped with a microwave and refrigerator for your convenience. Before heading out on adventure, kick your day into gear with free Bear and Bites continental breakfast, then catch up on email using free Wi-Fi Internet access. Plunge into our heated outdoor pool or work up a sweat in our fitness center before dinner. Handicapped-accessible rooms and Jacuzzi suites are available at our pet-friendly Colorado Springs hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Travel Lodge Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Travel Lodge
- Colorado Springs Travelodge