“Hated it, will never go back, no sleep”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #64 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
tuam
“Hated it, will never go back, no sleep”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed in the next building ajoining the hotel on the ground floor. The door was left opened all night, anybody could walk in and out, no reception desk. A vending machine and a very loud ice maker was outside our bedroom which kept my family and I awake all night. Cleaning staff went out knocking on doors to wake people up early the next morning. Breakfast person had her daughter working with her and didn't speak to anybody, didn't replace food in the self service breakfast bar i.e. Bread.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gaffey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Crosby, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This hotel was great. We even had a little refrigerator and microwave we were not expecting. THey had great service and a good price. Great breakfast also. Would highly reccommend. We booked this through priceline with a package deal, but was abel to choose the hotel where we stayed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I believe this hotel is being used for government housing, mainly because there are people coming and going from many different rooms. Knock on one door, go in, down the hall, knock and go into another, back to their own room. Very loud music played late at night, lots of running and shouting/talking loudly in the halls. Won't mention the race of these people but I'm sure you can guess. Room was somewhat clean minus the cigarette burns on the bed covers and sheets. Only convenience is being close to the airport. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AustralianGuy000

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Hutchinson, Kansas
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stayed at this motel on a Friday night in July, 2010.
When we went to our room we noticed a large empty bottle of beer in the trash can.
That was just the beginning. We later saw a half bar of soap on the edge of
the tub. There was not fresh soap, shampoo or lotion. The tissue box was nearly empty because there were blue tissues showing. The maid should have change the box at that point. The floor was either not vacuumed at all, or not very well. I found things on the floor. The bathroom sink was splattered with coffee.
As mentioned before there is no elevater and since my husband wasn't feeling well, I had to lug 2 big suitcaes up the stairs by myself, as well as our other items.
The side door that we went in was supposed to be accessed only with a room card, but it wasn't working, so I was able to pull it open without inserting a card.
I called the front desk to tell them that the maid apparently didn't do her job very well, but I also said that I didn't want someone coming up to empty trash, vacuum, etc. because my husband was in bed and wasn't feeling well. The lady at the front desk said the room condition was "unacceptable". She did not offer us a new room.
The next morning when we got our bill it irritated me that we were expected to pay full price. Also, when my husband got ready to shower, he moved the piece of soap and we notice it was a USED piece of soap with hair on it.
I went to the front desk and told them I didn't feel right paying full price for the room.
She said she could give me a 20% discount. That did not seem adequate to me.
She said if I wanted more of a discount I'd have to talk to the manager, who wasn't in.
I'd have to call her M-F.
When I called the manager on Tuesday she said that we were offered a new room that night and refused. I told her we were NOT offered a new room and explained the situation. She offered us an additional 20% off of the price. I will not stay at another
Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Upon entering our room we realized that the door didn't shut or lock properly. Being near the "pool", we believe people had been using our bathroom. We found long black hairs on the bathroom counter tops, the toilet seat was up and the toilet paper pulled out. The room smelled terrible (like too much room spray over dirtiness) and all of the furniture was in terrible condition (scratched, dented). When we tried to cancel our reservation because of the conditions of the room, they informed us we would still be charged for the night - even though we had checked in only 15 minutes before! They moved us to another room - same dirty smell, same awful furnishings. The hotel is very rundown and outdated. Don't waste your money!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Mi/Co
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We stayed here to be close to the Colorado Springs Airport. The rooms are nice with a mini fridge and desk. We had enough room in our room (with two double beds) to lay out 2 twin blow-up beds. The hot tub was out of order when we stayed which was a bummer. The pool was a little cold, but was nice once you got in. Their continental breakfast included a waffle maker and fresh fruit. Overall, this is a pretty nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2009
Westminster,CO
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We spent a couple of nights here in July for a basketball tournament and it was much better than I had anticipated. I am much more of a BnB person but since we were traveling with a HS basketball team a BnB was definitely out of the picture. I would rate this hotel as a strong 3+ for 2 reasons: Incredibly Comfortable Beds and Cleanliness.
Pros and Cons are listed below.

Pros:
1. The beds were really comfortable, actually much more comfortable than the last Hilton we stayed at.
2. Our room was very clean and what we saw of the hotel was also clean. Due to the tournament schedule we didn't get to use the pool but I did peek in and it appeared to be clean and well maintained.
3. Front Desk Staff was accomodating. We had a few special requests and they were very pleasant and helpful.
4. The price was great, especially for Colorado Springs in the summer.

Cons:
1. Breakfast was mediocre. Nothing was wrong with the food provided but there wasn't much of a selection and the coffee was quite weak.
2. There isn't much to be found around this location. You are quite close to the airport and a few schools but that is about it. You would definitely need a car for meals and entertainment.

The Comfort Inn suited our needs for the weekend and was a pleasant suprise. I would recommend it if you are flying in or out of the airport or attending a specific event that was in close proximity. Great Value for the money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family