“Not your avg. Comfort Suites”

Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #57 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We always stay at Comfort Suites because they are consistently good suites. This hotel however is not like the rest.

Some of the problems we had were:
* There are NO ceiling fans
* When we got to our room, the air conditioner had not been on for days probably, and it took several hours to cool down.
* The curtains when closed cover the air conditioner vent so that you have to prop something up to keep the curtains from blocking all the cool air.
* The fridge did not work
* The breakfast was the same crap every day. Granted we do not expect much from these kinds of breakfast, but this is the worst we have ever seen.
* The breakfast area was overcrowded and not air conditioned.
* The slide/pool was a joke, i could jump across it, it was so small.
* There is only one ice machine on the bottom floor.
* The wireless internet was down all weekend, i work in IT so i know it was not "MY FIREWALL"
* The breakfast room was VERY dirty

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Casey H

Reviewed February 19, 2009

This was a great experience for us. We were well rested for the clean and comfortable environment.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Don't do it. Do not stay here. I booked the hotel via website for three nights, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The indoor pool with waterslide and outdoor pool sounded perfect. What they do NOT tell you is that the pool area is SHARED with the Sleep Inn next door. Sleep Inn customers traipse through a door in the side of Comfort Suites and use the pool area. The first two nights were okay. We had a one bedroom suite. The living room had a small couch that makes out into a loveseat. Very plastic-y and uncomfortable, but not a huge deal. My kids, 14 and 10 enjoyed the pool area [the indoor pool was VERY green like an old pond, though]. The third night some huge group of teens stayed at the Sleep Inn. The took over the pool area. They went down the slide ten or more at a time, whooping, screaming and being dangerous. They were in the outdoor pool on each other's shoulders playing war. My kids could not use either pool without getting trampled. As I walked toward the pool exit to go complain, I met an older lady who was going to complain, too, as her grandkids could not use the pool. We went to the front desk to complain. The guy behind the desk went and looked and if he did something, it did not work, because the situation did not change. We kept checking it until pool closing. Upon check out the next morning, Saturday, August 2, I asked to speak to the manager. Surprise! He was not available. I took his business card. I tried calling him Tuesday, August 5. I left a voice mail. No response. I left him an email. He phoned me this afternoon and was very non responsive. He apologized and said that they have "rules in place" but basically it's not his fault if customers do not obey the rules. I told him that we did not get to use the amenities of his hotel on Friday and asked what he was going to do about it. Well, not a darn thing. I told him that I had noticed several people on Trip Advisor making similar complaints to mine because I checked Trip Advisor during our stay at his hotel and I advised him that I would be leaving a negative review as well. He shrugged me off. So, first of all, to the manager of Comfort Suites North Academy, 1055 Kelly Johnson Blvd, Colorado Springs, Co: Mr. Keyur Patel--Dear Sir; do NOT send your little form reply to this review, "Dear Sir/Madam, I apologize blah blah blah." I don't want to hear it. You do not back up your hotel. You do not run a responsive, responsible hotel. To potential Comfort Suites customers, you have been warned. There are TONS of hotels in Colorado Springs, you are making a huge mistake if you choose this hotel or the Sleep Inn next door.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank pixiekansas
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We stayed at this hotel July 13th-14th. Upon checking in, we received our room on the 2nd floor. The entire hotel has been nicely redone this year, and the rooms have new furniture. We did unfortunately have a problem while staying here, but the staff did an excellent job dealing with it. When we returned from dinner, there were kids running up and down the hallway, making lots of noise in the room next to us. It sounded like they were banging on the walls. It was only 8:30 pm, but we had a long trip home the next day and needed to sleep. After calling the front desk, we were confronted by adults in the hall who told us the kids weren't making noise and that we needed to point out which kid it was. After that, Amy at the front desk happily moved us to the 3rd floor after we called her back. Apparently they had gone downstairs and confronted her also. We very pleased with how she and the manager handled the situation though, and thanked her for moving our room. The only other complaints we have are that the open up couch in the living room sloped down and you could feel every spring in the mattress. I barely could sleep. In the room with the king bed, the alarm clock was broken and kept flashing to a different time, and eventually went off at 4 in the morning and had to be unplugged to stop it. Overall, it is a pretty nice hotel now that it has been redone, but the couch bed was horrible.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
comfortsuitescs, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for your comments and concerns. We fully renovated the hotel so valued guests like yourself could experience more pleasant and enjoyable stay. I am sorry to hear about the incidents you had with several kids. I promise your concernts are being taken care of. I will definately pass along the compliment to Amy and she'll be glad to hear it. Once again, thank you for your comments and concerns. Have a nice day.

Reviewed July 23, 2008

We choose this hotel based on previous reviews, Comfort Suite standards & the indoor pool with slide. I cannot recommend this hotel based on the bad experience we had. Both nights that we stayed here we had problems in the pool area. The 1st night the pool slide had several large adults going down at the same time that made the slide very unsafe so we left with the intention that we would use the pool & slide the next night. But, the next night there was a beer & pizza party by the hot tub and several kids were climbing “up” the slide part backwards, while kids including my son where trying to going down the slide. My son was hit in the face by one of these kids that were clearly not under parent supervision. I informed Matt, the front desk clerk and his only response was he could not tell the kids apart. I also told him of the beer bottles and food in the pool area, when it was clearly marked that it was not allowed. After taking my son back to the room we came back down about an hour latter and the same things were still going on, nothing had been done about the unsafe situation. In our room the mattress sagged in the middle and we were forced to sleep on pullout couch. Both end tables lamps and alarm clock could not be on at the same time due to only 1 plug in by the bed. The air conditioner did not cool the room, the toilet seat was loose and the room was very dark even with all the lights on and curtains open. There was a horrible smell in hallways that lasted the whole time we were there. Also the breakfast girl needs to be friendlier and get an accurate watch. We witness her yelling at guests, who tried to go into the breakfast room “It’s not 6:30 until I say it’s 6:30!” I have yet to get any response to my complaint from the hotel directly though we did get a response form letter from Choice Hotels hoping that we would consider this an “isolated incident”. Certainly not the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee they advertise. There are several other better hotel options to make me tell you to keeping looking for a different place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank KC4444

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for your comment as it gives us an opportunity to improve on other valued guests's stay. I apologize for the incidents you encountered at the pool area. We strive to maintain the most pleaseant and safe enviornment for our guests. We have rules & regulations set in place for the safety and well-being of our guests. Unfortunately, some parents left their kids unattended in the pool area even though there are multiple signs stating under age kids are not allowed in the pool area without adult supervision. Same goes for the alochol that was out by the hot tub. Once again, thank you for your comment and rest assured your concerns are being taken care of. I would like to take this opportunity ask you to give us another chance and we'll make sure you won't be disappointed! Have a great day.

Reviewed March 29, 2008

We went to Colorado Springs as a family for a Spring Break weekend. We had stayed at this hotel before the renovation. My kids love the indoor slide and pool. The rooms were clean and decorated better than my home. Nice warm colors made it very soothing and it didn't look at all like a hotel room. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. My husband loved the use of the computer to keep up with the NCAA Basketball Tournament. The breakfast was plentiful and satisfying with a pretty vast selection. Overall, an excellent stay. Because we enjoyed it so much, our friend took his family up for the following weekend.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
comfortsuitescs, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2008

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you very much for your comments. We continually strive to maitain the most pleasant environment for our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we'd love to have you back here whenever your travel brings you back to Colorado Springs.

Reviewed February 17, 2008

The hotel is finally getting some of that TLC that was mentioned early but unfortunately it was during my six week stay. The last two weeks of the stay the lobby was practically cut off from the hotel due to new tile being layed in the lobby. Too top it off, the hotel management didn't have the foresight to figure a more suitable way to get people to the lobby other than having them walk to the far end of the building stairwell, walking down the stairs, exiting the building and walking the length of the building in the winter weather to the lobby. The elevator and stairwell closest to the lobby was retiled on the same day poor planning.

The hotel maid service is medium to poor. It's slow and often my room wasn't done till mid or late afternoon. I would often walk out of my room at 10 or 11 with the hotel cart to the right of my door only to return four or five hours later to find a dirty room. When the room is done, it's not done as well as other hotels with the bathroom not looking like it was cleaned. And the stairwells are often overlooked.

The breaksfast buffet is ok but doesn't come close to other hotels chains. Items like bagels, donuts, danishes, or even eggs are lacking.

The wireless access to the room is slow. So slow that websites often take three or four attempts before being able to connect. The lobby's computer access is a old slow PC with a printer attached. Accessing any e-mail may be a challenge. For two weeks I couldn't connect to my company's or personal (gmail) e-mail sites. When a complaint was made nothing was done until two weeks later when the manager informed me that she corrected the problem when more people complained. That made one feel welcomed.
For the positives, the staff is friendly and calls you by your name.

Stayed: February 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for your comments as it gives us a perspective on our hotel from a guest's point of view. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We were going through renovations during your stay, but you'll be glad to know that we are finished and the lobby looks real good. Come back and see us when you are back in Colorado Springs. We'd love to show you what we've done!