WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Suites Colorado Springs

Comfort Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #58 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Denver, Colorado
“A hotel in transition good value, reeked of high times!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was a good value. It was obviously under construction. I asked for an updated room and it was nice, except for the overwhelming odor in the room which smelled like marijuana. It was so strong at first and then I guess we got used to it. We told the manager and she said she was having a problem with that with both her staff and the guests! Anyway the linens were nice, the beds comfy, it had a small fridge, nice bathroom amenities, a gym and pool and a really good breakfast. So for the price, we were satisfied.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Archeryl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
WY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were attending graduation in town, so my son made the reservations. We have stayed at the hotels that are very close to this one before, but my son said that they really raised their prices. So we decided to try this one. The location was right, the price was right and it says SUITES. I was assuming separate rooms and some sort of sink/fridge/ microwave in the living area. Well, our room had all that, b in 1 divided room. The bathroom consisting of the toilet and tub, is what separates the areas. The sink is a bathroom sink that is open to both the living and sleeping areas. And the fridge and microwave are by the ONLY sink and ONLY mirror. I wouldn't want to be microwaving food while someone was blow drying their hair. The bathroom floor tiles were all cracked, but there was plenty of large, clean, fluffy towels. The king size bed was very comfortable, with lots of pillows. But the fold out couch mattress was in horrible shape and only had a thin blanket and NO pillows. It was good that the king size bed had extra pillows, because we had to share. It might be ok to put younger children to sleep on it, but my adult daughter had to sleep on it. She was cold in the night, and NO other blankets could be found in the room. We were meeting family for breakfast, so I cannot attest to the continental breakfast they offer. The pools looked ok, but we were only staying the night, so didn't get to swim. If all you are looking for is a place to stay that is clean and affordable, then this place will do.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank travelinggrandmaWy
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

A bit old and run down. We were trapped out back in the cold because the back door key scanner didn't work. There was no sign to tell us that, and we kept trying and trying to use our key to get in the door.... finally had to walk all the way around the hotel to the front :(

Our microwave and hair dryer were plugged into the same outlet and didn't work. There was only one employee doing everything, so when he was able to come our room, he tried moving them a bit and plugged them into another outlet which worked until I tried to microwave some popcorn. It kept popping the reset button on the outlet. I finally took my popcorn downstairs and asked if I could use a lobby microwave.

The bathroom layout is terrible. Only the toilet and shower are behind the door. The tiny vanity, mirror, and hairdryer are all next to the TV, so if you need to blow dry your hair, you can't do it in the bathroom and have to wake everyone else up.

The living room is nice with the sofa bed. The bathroom separates the living room from the bedroom somewhat which gives a little privacy.

Like any indoor pool, the pool with the slide is noisy, stuffy, and confining, as well as a bit run down and small. The outdoor pool wasn't open yet, but I thought the two pools were connected, but they're completely separate.

The beds were clean and comfy. The TV and remote worked fine (no sleep timer, though).

Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful, while one front-desk attendant wasn't. He was argumentative; but later he was very helpful in giving us directions and advice.

Breakfast consisted of make-your-own waffles, whole fruit, danishes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, coffee, tea, milk, juice, butter, jelly, cream, and more, but there was no cut-up fruit or berries.

The breakfast was nice, except there isn't always an attendant nearby and the waffle mix has a sign on it that says "push" but doesn't say whether to push down or forward. I pushed in the wrong direction and couldn't figure out how to get waffle mix out. I pushed a little harder and the entire spout came off and waffle mix poured all over the floor and splattered on my shoes. I frantically searched their kitchen for something to catch the mix in until finally someone got some help. Once the kitchen staff was present, they were very attentive and hard-working, but it would have been nice if someone had been there to answer my question in the first place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Homeschool_Mom_Patti
Monte Vista, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the night and we have no complaints! Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable, the room could use some dusting in odd spaces (on top of mirror frames and tv) but other than that, it was an all - around great stay!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynnaebv
Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

On the plus side: it was clean, in a nice location, and the bed was comfortable.
On the down side: the service was a bit rude, the accessibility aspects were somewhat lacking and were confusing where in place, and it was a bit dated.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Prince Edward Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

My daughter was part of a large group who stayed at this hotel while on their study tour from Canada. While they were out for the day on a excursion money was stolen from three different rooms! The thief stole $150.00 from my daughter , approx. $50.00 from another room and approx. $100.00 from another room. The thief was nice enough to leave $30.00 in my daughter's wallet. The thief had to have gone looking her my daughter's wallet because it was at the bottom of her suitcase which was stored in a closet. When they went to the front desk to report the burglary the front desk employees were not helpful at all so they asked to speak with the manager. The manger brushed them off by saying that all the cleaning staff were well screened and it certainly could not of been them.

I received the frantic call from our daughter while I was at work. She explained to me what had taken place and was extremely upset especially due to the fact that this money was all that she had for the remainder of the trip. It was even more stressful since it was a Friday afternoon and my husband and I had to find a way to wire her some money.

I am very concerned that there may have been other people who have stayed at this hotel and experienced the same thing. This is based on the staff and managers lack of concern over the whole situation! :( So if you plan on staying here beware! :(

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank PEICanada

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

My decision to stay was based on the price, the suite and the pictures...but it ended up turning out exactly how the saying goes...too good to be true. This property is in desperate need of an upgrade and should be categorized as a Quality Inn. The hallway smelled like a sweaty locker room and I encountered the same smell inside the room. I opened the window to air it out and thought it took care of it, but after coming back from breakfast the next morning, it was still there. I had been breathing it in all night! I'm not sure if it is coming from the carpets or beds, or both.

TIP: Stay one night, if you have to.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple