“Just a few minor picky things”

Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #61 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Just a few minor picky things”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Over the past 6 months, I have traveled to nearly half these United States. On those thousands of miles of driving, I always stayed at one of the Choice Hotels, usually a Comfort Inn & Suites or Comfort Suites. Large, clean rooms, a hot breakfast, and a reasonable price attract me. This was no exception. The view of Pike's Peak from our window in the morning was almost worth the room rate. There are some slightly different room arrangements and this was my least favorite partly because there was no TV in the sitting room but mostly because of where the sink was situated. The bathroom, which separates the sitting room from the bedroom, had a tub/shower and commode. The sink was across the small hallway between the two rooms. There were no towels near the sink meaning you had to remember to bring one from the bath if you intended to wash your hands. Also, the bath had no hooks on which to hang your robe or other clothing while showering. Other than those two minor items, the room was great, the location was great, and the staff was smiling, friendly, and helpful. I go to the Springs often and will definitely consider this hotel again even with the minor pet peeves.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Josh24v15
Roger_Nation, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank You so much for choosing our hotel in Colorado Springs and taking the time to point out a few areas that need our attention. We indeed are blessed with gorgeous views of Pikes Peak and the snow capped mountains. We look forward to your next trip to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The book this hotel on choice hotels and then when I looked at the reviews I got kinda scared but once I walked in and saw the huge airplane and very friendly front desk guy all my fears went away. Being on crutches makes things kinda hard so when he saw me struggling to grab my stuff he came out immediately and help me. He even went out of his way and put me in a room that was closer to the elevator so that I didn't have to walk all the way down the hall. The room and bathroom were very clean! Would stay here over and over again!!

• Stayed January 2014
Roger_Nation, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank You so much for choosing the Comfort Suites on your recent trip to Colorado Springs. I am extremely pleased that my staff tended to your every need and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank You for taking the time to post your experience with us and to share with others. We are certainly looking forward to your next visit.
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed November 10, 2013

As I searched for this motel on TA to make a review, I noticed a lot of negative reviews. I'm wondering if our 3 night stay was in an alternate universe. We had a great stay. Simply great.
The staff was more than excellent, all were friendly, efficient and helpful. Kudos to the woman who ran the night desk. Our room and bath were clean and neat. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot with great water pressure. The parking lot was well lit and appeared safe at all hours. Our breakfasts were on a par with stays at motels of a much higher caliber. There was plenty of food and the attendant kept the whole area clean, seeing to the tables and serving area constantly.
Again, I want to say we had a great stay here and, if we ever return to the area, will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldfolkie
Roger_Nation, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I very much appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. I am also pleased that our guests are noticing our ongoing upgrades and commitment to service. We also enjoyed having you as our our guest and look forward to your next visit.
Denver, CO
Reviewed November 5, 2013

There may be improvements being made, but this place still has a long way to go. As others have mentioned, the housekeeping and general maintenance are abysmal - our room (the Bighorn suite) had a dirty refrigerator, the walls surrounding the trash bin were filthy, and the dining table clearly hadn't been wiped down from the previous guest. The sheets weren't the crisp white you'd expect at a hotel, but had smudges and stains on them. Sofa and chairs in the room had a number of spills/stains on them that were very off-putting, and the walls desperately needed to be painted - they were incredibly scuffed. The room itself seemed to be missing furmiture - the living area felt sparse and unwelcoming. Carpets seemed to be lifting from the corners/walls throughout the hotel. The pool/water slide looks grungy as well, though I know that can happen from years of use. We paid less than $100 for our room, which I initially thought was a bargain, but this was definitely a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

To Comfort Suites' credit, the front desk clerk was very helpful, and the breakfast offering was quite substantial for a facility like this (make-your-own waffle station, eggs, breakfast meat, cereal, bread and pastry assortment, yogurt, fruit, etc.) Additionally, the bed was pretty comfortable. Location is fine - about a block off of I-25 on Academy. Convenient to the AFA and north Colorado Springs, but not ideal for any business downtown or siteseeing (most sights are quite a bit more south.)

All told, they definitely need to make some improvements, starting with the quality of the housekeeping and maintenance. In the hotel game, a very clean room goes a very long way, because no one wants to be reminded that they're residing in a spot where hundreds of others have slept.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of updating our property and of course it takes time. My staff is fully committed to service and we look forward to serving you again.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times and they really have been making improvements lately. The pillows are all new and much more comfortable than in years past. The lighting and cleanliness has also vastly improved. The staff was friendly and went above and beyond to see that we were taken care of. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Roger_Nation, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank You so much for the comments. As the new General Manager I am pleased with the ongoing enhancements and upgrades and we will continue to do so.
The staff here is very tuned in to our guests needs and we strive to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay. See you again on your next visit.
Ohio
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The rooms are VERY DARK so I probably missed a lot of the dirt. Only 2 lights in the room. The bedspreads had stains on them. Not filthy room but not clean neither. Bathroom tile was cracked. No air in the hallways so you sweat taking your luggage to your room. NOT WORTH THE $ When we went to breakfast the next morning in plenty of time before they were to close, they did not replenish anything. What was there is what you got. There was an attendant who came and looked at the bar and cleaned up a little spill here and there but didn't seem concerned that there was a room full of people and hardly any food. The tables were dirty. The workers came and went and got plates of food and took with them. (Maybe that is why they did not have enough for the guests). Find a different hotel to stay at.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you giving us your opinion on your recent stay. Updates and changes take time and are on ongoing process. I hope you give us another opportunity to earn your business on your next visit to our area.