“Great Breakfast!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #59 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We loved the breakfast! We expected something simple like a continental, but it was great with lots of variety. The staff went out of their way everytime we asked for help. Asked housekeeper for soap while she was cleaning another room. She stopped what she was doing and came into our room to deliver the items we requested. Room was nice and clean. Linens smelled fresh and the bathroom was clean. We we very happy with this choice!

Room Tip: Check out the water slide! it was an unexpected fun my kids weren't expecting
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerCOS, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for a great review of our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and found different varieties. Thank you for letting us know that we're doing a great job. I am pleased to hear that you were well taken care of during your stay. Hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again for taking time to write us.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

After searching through the Internet, for months, for our vacation plans, through Expedia, I came across Comfort Suites. I read some of the reviews & was concerned if we should book reservations; but now that we have stayed, I am pleasantly pleased. The rooms, the service, the staff, the pool, the breakfast convinced us to stay another day. If we come back to Colorado City, we know where we will stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
GeneralManagerCOS, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that, like other guests, you gave us a second chance based on our past reviews. Over the past several months we have made several changes operationally to ensure guests are our top priority and are well taken care of during their stay with us. I will pass along your compliments to the staff especially housekeeping staff who work tiredlessly to ensure the guest rooms are clean and fresh. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We have stayed here once before and found it very nice and clean and fun for the kids! We decided to try again and we were not disappointed! The rooms are very clean and spacious and the pool area is fun for the kids! The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is wonderful! They keep the breakfast area very clean--not sure who the lady is who cleans it but she is out there the entire time cleaning and making sure there is enough of everything etc... we will always stay here when we come to Colorado springs

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. It is through a guest's perspective that we look at our hotel for area of improvements of acknowledge staff member for a job well done. I am glad that you found our facility to be pleasant. I am glad that your kids were able to enjoy the awesome waterslide! I will definately pass along your compliemnts to our breakfast attendant. I am sure she will be delighted to hear it. Once again, thank you for taking time to write us.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

ac didnt work
toilet broken
too crowded
service spotty
pool and hot tub very nice but very crowded

• Stayed: June 2011
GeneralManagerCOS, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Dear Guest,
I'm so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our hotel. I do apologize if this ruined your stay and/or vacation. I apologize if the ac and the toilet were not working properly. Hopefully you mentioned this to the front desk and we resolved this issue for you. However, I understand that a guest should not have to call to report broken items upon arrival. Our pool area is a major hit with our guests and am sorry to hear that you found it too crowded. The experiences you encountered are not normal with our guests and hope you will give us a second chance to turn your last negative stay into a positive future stay! Once again, thank you for your comment as this gives us a chance to look at our hotel from a guest's perspective and I sincerely apologize for the negative experience. I hope you choose our hotel during your future travel to Colorado Springs. Have a great day.

Keyur Patel

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed here for one night while visiting friends in the area. Location is perfect if you need to visit the Air Force Academy. The hotel entrance could use some automatic doors so you don't need to struggle to get door open with your hands full of luggage, etc. Lobby is fine & we had no problems with the desk staff. Breakfast is convenient & I thought the variety was okay. Heard people commenting that the butter needed to be out on display rather than ice cold from the fridge. Speaking of icy, the egg patty I got was still frozen in the middle & you have to ask the attendant to warm it since there is no microwave on the breakfast bar.
We had a king bed which was firm, but comfortable. The bottom sheet was clean but looked dirty due to a stain that looked like some boob had polished his shoes on it-may be time for them to cut that sheet into rags. The room has a sofa bed, tv & desk in the area as you enter the door, next is the bathroom with toilet & shower/tub combo. The sink is located in the main area (between the living room area & bed area) in a cabinet type arrangement that also has a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker & safe. (They add $1.50 on your bill for the safe!) The bedroom area had a large window with a view out to Pike's Peak. I-25 is far enough away from the hotel that I had no problem with road noise. There was a proper closet for hanging clothes & it even had wooden hangers just like home-not those horrid things you have to wrestle off of a metal bracket & then are hard to get back in the slot.
We didn't use the pool, so don't have any input on it. We were there mid-week in late September so the hotel had mainly adult guests-didn't see even one child.
Overall, I'd rate this hotel quite acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oma43
GeneralManagerCOS, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your insights and kind words regarding our hotel. We try to maintain the utmost quality of guest rooms, public areas, and curb appeal! We are required by our brand standard to put the butter inside the refrigerator, but would gladly warm them up for you! We add the in-room safe as a convenient to all guests and sorry that you were charged for this if you did not use it. If possible, please give me a call at the hotel at 719-536-0731 and I would gladly remove this for you and refund the credit card the appropriate charges. Once again, thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel and hope to see you again in the future.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We chose this hotel because of it's indoor pool water slide. The first evening we were there, it was so crowded with bad behaving kids, my children could barely enjoy it. Found out that the Sleep Inn next door is also able to use this small indoor pool. There is no one from either hotel monitoring to determine that it was overcrowded. The room was nice except for the sofa bed. My daughter was unable to sleep on it as it literally had springs popping out of it. The breakfast dining room was very busy. People had to wait for 15 minutes for the eggs to be ready. Then they only brought out 8 eggs. They need at least 2 people working the dining room or someone that can work faster. I did like the location of the hotel, right off of the highway. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TTG

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel as this gives us a chance to look at our hotel from a guest's perspective. Our pool area is common between the Comfort Suites & Sleep Inn. I am so sorry to hear that you and your family was not able to enjoy the awesome waterslide. If possible, please call me at 719-536-0731 and would love to work out something for your next stay. We can be reached at 719-536-0731. Please also tell me what room number you stayed in so we can have maintenance look at the uncomfortable sofa sleeper. I apologize that your daughter had a bad night sleeping on it. Once again, thank you for taking time to write to us.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Very nice place to lay your head, located at the base of the Rockies. Clean, well kept and reasonably priced. Staff are friendly and cordial. Nice pool area, nice laundry area, well kept and maintained. Beautiful view of Pikes Peak, just around the corner... Centrally located to alot of main attractions..

Room Tip: Just ask to see a room prior to checking in.. They will show you..
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mgwds1

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write us and your kind words regarding our hotel. It's great to hear from guests who can honestly say that about our hotel and help make decision for future travelers to our hotel a simple one! The Pikes Peak is gorgeous this time of year. We finally have snow on it! Once again, thank you for taking time to write us.