“Fantastic hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Vail
“Fantastic hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been sending employees to stay at this hotel for years based on good reviews, but only recently had the opportunity to stay myself. This hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, the pillows are great (and plenty of them).

The front desk staff is especially helpful and attentive. Although we didn't have any problems, I listened in while a staff member assisted someone else who did. I wasn't close enough to hear what the problem was (the breakfast room is in the lobby, and I was sitting there reading), I heard the staff member professionally handle whatever it was, offering the distressed traveler every option and never losing her cool. She did a great job. Also, the night auditor recognized my name from the credit card I always use for our employees and said it was nice to meet me in person! Now that's service.

The hotel is easy to get to but not close enough to the highway that you can hear it. There are several restaurants, shops and a movie theater nearby, making it convenient to walk to anything.

They have a small workout room with a treadmill, elliptical, and a stationary bike. I did not try the pool or hot tub.

Breakfast was the usual cereal, toast, milk and OJ offerings, with a waffle station as well.

I will continue to send employees here and will stay here again myself. Thanks for the great experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pitman, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked this hotel after a disastrous night at the Academy Hotel in Colorado Springs. Despite a lower rating on this site, we found this hotel far superior to our previously booked hotel.

Knowing we did not wish to stay at the Academy Hotel, we found this facility on this site and called to see if we could come out to see a room. The front desk clerk was very kind and told us they had a couple of rooms available that we could see at the time of our call. Naturally she could not guarantee they'd still be available by the time we got there. Fortunately, we were only 15 minutes away, and we were able to see a room. It was a smoking room; however, we were assured we could get a non-smoking room if we booked for the following day. We viewed the room and liked what we saw. We reserved on the spot for 4 nights.

We arrived about a 1/2 hour before check in time, and we were allowed to check in early. It was a huge relief to have an acceptable room. We had 2 full size beds which were extremely comfortable, French doors leading to a nice sized bathroom, micro/fridge, and a small counter outside the bath that one could use to apply make up and get ready while someone else was in the bathroom. The room was extremely clean and looked recently renovated. Although it was a non-smoking room, I did get a hint of smoke when I 1st walked in the room. The air conditioner worked well and was not overly noisy. A thermostat on the wall controlled the temperature.

This room was actually much cheaper than our prior hotel, (around $100 per night) and our stay was fabulous. We had access to the business center downstairs, and it was usually available. The computer was handy for checking emails and Facebook, plus we printed our boarding passes there for the return flight home. Everything was in good working order.

We also took advantage of the guest laundry, which worked quite well.

The breakfast was a typical continental and included waffles (waffle iron), bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit (quite good), and cereal. It was nice, but there wasn't much variety. They might consider changing things up a bit, but it was a great value to be included in the room rate.

We found everyone on staff to be friendly and helpful. I actually found this hotel to have the best employees of any place we stayed on this particular trip. They all made it a point to say good morning and make everyone feel welcome. Many times one person manned the front desk alone in the evenings, and any issues were always addressed promptly.

Many thanks to the LaQuinta for saving the Colorado Springs porition of our vacation. They enabled us to have an enjoyable stay in the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank slrtravelplanner
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room space is adequate, beds are comfortable and clean. The kids loved the breakfast and the pool! The close access to I-25 Provides an easy route to the airport and surrounding attractions. Remodelling should be finished soon.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that have tree limbs brushing against the wall..you will sleep better!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
BOYNTON BEACH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The front desk wasn't busy as we checked in at almost midnight. The young man helped us get our luggage from our car to our room, saying we looked exhausted from our long drive(from Jackson Wy) The hotel was awesome in every way...we will stay here next time we are in Colorado Springs!

Room Tip: All are Nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawnee, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked online at Hotwire. They picked the hotel for us & gave us a good price (kind of like priceline). I was a bit nervous because I like to know where I am staying, but all the hotels I wanted to stay at in the Springs were over $100.. We booked this for less than $90.
We were booked in a King room, but when I got to check in, she allowed me to change it to the two full beds without any hassle.
Our room was on the 4th floor towards the back. The room was very clean and smelled good.
There were fingerprints on the white painted door ways and thresholds, but other than that, it was very clean.
It looked new or just updated.
The kids went to the outdoor pool. It was a decent size for the hotel. It was not heated and chilly. The hot tub had a strange smell around it. Like sewer or something.
The breakfast was the best part of the stay. The kids LOVED it!. They had yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, toast and a waffle maker where you could make your own waffles. My son was in heaven with that thing!! It made his day:)
I would recommend staying here. It exceeded my expectations by far!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family