“Watch out for housekeeping with sticky fingers”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP
Ranked #27 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for 2 months. Staff was helpful. But as I was packing to leave I noticed one of my prescription bottle was emptied out. Someone had stolen my pain medication. If your going to stay here don't let housekeeping in while your away. Reported it to management but don't know if anything was done about it. Never was contacted after I left. I'm rating service, poor and room service, terrible for stealing my medication.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael G
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP

Reviewed September 16, 2012

A very nice hotel, moderately priced. Very nice desk and office chair, good tasting coffee (very important to my wife). The sink ran very slow, and we reported that to the front desk.
The best part was it only cost us $10, after using 15,000 La Q points.
Definitely a "Do Again" place.

A TripAdvisor Member
Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Excellent hotel and service BUT terrible security for your parked vehicle overnight. Parked in front under parking lot light and vehicle was still broken into and stolen items of course. Don't trust your vehicle in that area of Colorado Springs. The police there won't help you either, because breaking and entering of vehicles is not an important problem anymore. You have to file online or in person with the Colorado Springs police department for your insurance coverage report. Sad but true.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Upon arrival I had to clean around the toilet – pee stains and pubic hairs. Hair in the sink and on the floor, food crumbs on the carpet. We stayed for two nights and our beds were not made, garbage not emptied, and room not cleaned after our first night. we will never stay here again.

2  Thank l p
A La Quinta traveler
Hudson, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed August 26, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have stayed at other La Quinta's and I was a little disappointed with the condition of this particular one. The outside looked nice, but once we headed to our room, we could tell this hotel was not kept in great condition. My kids and I tripped a few times in the hallway as the carpet was old, unraveling, and bumpy all around. The view from our room was fantastic with the mountains, but yet we got a front view of the Cinemark and parking lot along with it. The breakfast was just ok. The lady replenishing the food was running around, looked haggard, but was definately working hard to keep it stocked up. The pool was somewhat heated enough for my kids to enjoy their swim. The room and bathroom was average. I did not mind the many dogs we saw there, but did smell a scent of urine in our room :( Overall, I would not likely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I guess I have not stayed in too many La Quintas and was not aware that it is the pet-friendly hotel. I have allergies to cats and dogs and I woke up with slight asthmatic symptoms to apparent pet dander. I now know that La Quinta prides itself on their pet-friendliness and not to stay at La Quinta again; but I appreciate that many people do travel with pets and need such accomodations. I was surprised to learn that they did not have any "no-pets" rooms (like "no-smoking" rooms) for allergy sufferers. I guess "travelers with pets" is their exclusive market niche.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family