La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP
Ranked #23 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our group stayed in 2 rooms. Biggest complaint is that the rooms were not particularly clean. Both bathrooms had splatters (appeared to be discolored water from cleaning) on toilets and toilet seats. Bathrooms also had obvious hairs on floors and in tub area. In one bathroom we tried to get a tissue from the holder and the entire holder fell off into the trash can below. Another problem was with the breakfast. They say that breakfast runs until 9:00, but they don't replenish all of the items. Some of our group went to breakfast early, and had different items to choose from that weren't available for the ones that went later. All in all, this hotel is okay... but the cleanliness issue would keep me from going there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

This was my fourth and least satisfactory stay (my last stay was 2/2007). There is no denying the positives of this hotel, but there were negatives that will cause me to rethink staying here in the future.

On the positive side, the rate I paid for a large, clean room with fridge and microwave was excellent and the front desk staff was outstanding. It is within walking distance of the World Arena, restaurants and a Target-anchored strip mall. However, there were just too many negative issues that might keep me from returning:

--The housekeeping system leaves much to be desired. One day, although I removed the Do Not Disturb sign and left my room at 10:30 am, it was not cleaned. When I returned at 3:00 pm, I called the front desk and was told that the housekeeping staff was gone for the day. The matter was resolved in a customer friendly manner, but it is a problem, nevertheless. One day, on my friend's floor, pretty much every room received a note at 10:00 am telling them that their room would not be cleaned that day because it was unavailable (??)

--During previous visits, I did not notice the dogs as much as I did this time. As a person with allergies I hope that they have specific rooms for guests with dogs. I'm not saying what the cause was, but I was sneezing constantly (and inexplicably) during my visit.

--The hotel is absolutely in need of refubishment, though, the HD TVs were fantastic.

--I'm saving the worst for last and that's the breakfast. I knew going in that the choices are limited, but it has been more than fine in the past. This time, I had lots of issues. The main one being the less than friendly woman who worked in the breakfast room. She was quite rude to me, though, I did notice her being much nicer to some of the other guests. Still, there was no call for her snippy and unhelpful attitude with me. The hotel also did not plan well for the large crowd that was attending a 6 day event at the World Arena. During the last few days of my stay, the hotel ran out of fruit and it seemed that each day, after the first hour of the breakfast, things were not being properly replenished. The most repugnant part of it all was the way in which the sliced bread was served. Right from the plastic bag. While tongs were provided, it seemed quite difficult to extract the bread without touching it with one's hands. After the first day, I went across the road to Target and bought my own loaf of bread.

The La Quinta has always been my go-to hotel when attending events at the very nearby World Arena. If I were confident that some of my concerns will be addressed, I'd reconsider and perhaps give them another chance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank nycbee
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Spent 3 nights there for a ice skating competition nearby. Very handy to World Arena with just a 5 minute walk. Ample selection of restaurants within walking distance. Enjoyed the free breakfast and free high speed internet. Staff was very friendly and our room was clean and very comfortable. No hesitation to pick this one again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill P
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I often stay here for business and everytime I go home feeling good. The room is clean and comfortable. Also the size of room is pretty large especially for the price. Free high speed internet and free breakfast also helps a lot. Hotel staffs are always friendly and helpful. I will come back here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I spent several nights there to visit our son in the military. They worked with us very well. Enjoyed the breakfast and our room was clean and comfortable. They did allow animals but they seemed under control. They need to put all animals on one floor only and keep complete control over them. No problem with the children when we were there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family