“Good service, watery salsa”

Arceo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #176 of 1,438 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
usa
“Good service, watery salsa”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I got lost looking for another restaurant on I-25 highway and ended up here.
We love Mexican food and decided to give it a try. First, the good things. My taco salad was good and a much cheaper price than usual. The bright tropical colors of our seats were nice too. Now, the bad things.
The salsa that is given when you first sit down was very, very watery. Not chunky and watery, just
95% clear liquid with a few chopped tomatoes. My husband got his usual as at other Mexican restaurants-Carne Asada, and the steak was chopped like it was for a fajita, not one whole piece
of steak. The last but certainly not least bad thing was, while my husband was in the men's bathroom, he noticed no hand soap anywhere and the salsa/water waiter came in, used the bathroom and left not washing his hands! After he told me this, I immediately went to the ladies room to check, but they did have hand soap. We will not be going back here.

Location:
4608 Rusina Rd
Colorado Springs, CO

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank ack90210

“Family Meal”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 12 was satisfied with the food and service provided. Definite return trip if we are ever back in Colorado Springs.

Renton, Washington
“Great all the way from the food to the service”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Friendly fast service and great atmosphere. Food was tasty and would certainly come back however, I do not live in the Colorado Springs area.

The dining area was clean and very cheery.

• Visited October 2013
Columbus, KS 66725
“Tamales were the best ever. Wish we lived closer”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was next to our motel, so though it normally wouldn't have caught my eye, it was convenient. Inside décor was the painted carved chairs and booths that Mexican restaurants order from ???? Anyway, the food was great. Normally not a tamale eater but it came on my combo dinner, and it was excellent. My husband had a chicken dish and said it was very good as well.

• Visited July 2013
“Absolutely wonderful food!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food was excellent, for a great price!!! Staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was like a cozy family owned restaurant. Would definitely recommend this to everyone!

• Visited May 2013