“Fun and great drinks”
Review of Shuga's Restaurant

Shuga's Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 1,567 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Established in 2001. Shuga's was created by Alexius Weston as a place to hang out with great food and really inventive cocktails. She had just come from the Northwest area of the country and wanted to create a cool space where she felt comfortable. Initially focusing on Vivace espresso as a delicious mainstay, the place soon morphed into serving amazing paninis, salads, and the out-of-this-world Brazilian Coconut Shrimp Soup. The infusion of Lavender Martinis and cocktails created with care helped launch Shuga's into the forefront of the local Colorado Springs food scene.
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Went here with my daughter who is a college student. It is in a renovated house south of downtown. Very small but fun and quirky. Not a lot of indoor seating but lots of outdoor seating so great for late spring and summer. They have wonderful specialty cocktails--made a fabulous mojito. Food is informal and very good. Clientele appeared to be college students and academics when we were there.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

My mom and I had lunch there on Saturday. We shared the Hot Dip, Roast Beef Sandwich and Baked Potatoe Soup - everything was GREAT! The lavender lemonade was great too!

1  Thank lmbaker21
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Colorado Springs is not an exciting city, right? Few restaurants in Bijou street, nothing spectacular. So, with pleasant surprise, we found that small house called shuga's, a little bit isolated from the downtown noise. Really nice service, beautifuls plates, nice music, (a single guitarist/singer called anne laurent) and delicious cocktails. A good place to start or finish an evening if you are lost in CS someday...

Reviewed July 28, 2009

I read the AAA Tour Book review which labeled Shugas as a deli, but it was more than I expected to pay for lunch. It came to $33 for a mom and 2 preteens, which is somewhat high for a lunch in my opinion. HOWEVER, our sandwiches, split pea and ham soup, and aricelli nicoise salas was tasty and satisfying. And AAA recommended the almond cake which we split 3 ways and it was very good. Service was fair to good, but as others have mentioned, the setting was a quaint old home. Unfortunately, someone next door I think, started a gas-powered lawn trimmer and exhaust fumes through an open window overcame us for a bit. Not what you want with your meal - side of fumes. But it was good food, but as I said, pricey for a lunch.

1  Thank skepticaltraveler
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I like the atmosphere, the people, the food, and the service. Menu is limited to typical lunchtime fare (soups, salads, sandwiches, quiche, etc) but it's all delicious and I have no problem eating there for dinner

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook