“Pay a little more OR pay a lot more, but stay somewhere else!”

Super 8 Colo. Sprs. Garden of the Gods
Ranked #65 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Roland, OK
“Pay a little more OR pay a lot more, but stay somewhere else!”
Reviewed September 23, 2007

We spent 11 nights on the road and this is the most expensive night we stayed (though we stayed at some very nice hotels) and the worst hotel we stayed in. First of all, thel hotel is located such that it is nearly impossible to get to. You have to cross a multi laned intersection under an overpass with an oncoming off ramp from the interstate crossing in front of the service road leading to this isolated hotel. Then, after you arrive, you are greeted by sullen faces and poor attitudes... certainly not people who are customer oriented. The hotel is old and delapidated. The owners actually had a rack of yard sale clothes hanging in the lobby. Our non-smoking room reaked of smoke. The curtain had a big brown hole burnt in it from the bottom up about 7 inches. The light fixtures were barely attached to the walls and hanging crooked. The plug in's were attached to pvc pipes with cords running up the walls and around the ceilings. The linens were-- I swear-- from the seventies. Old, thread bear, with nobbies, seventies harvest gold blankets. But, the worst thing... the fixtures on the bathtub/shower. It was broken and hanging loose so that when you tried to set the temperature of the water it dangled and you could only get HOT or COLD. There was no happy medium. If you flushed the toilet you had to wait about fifteen minutes to flush it again or fill it up manually. IT took that long to refill... SERIOUSLY!
If you are travelling to Colorado Spgs take my advice. Pay a little more... or pay a lot more, but stay somewhere else. This place stinks.

• Liked — Check out
  • Disliked — Laying under the worn out linens in the smokey smelling room, and the shower and toilet
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Smith
Reviewed August 31, 2007

I notified the front desk that there was no bath tub stopper. The desk clerk told me that she would have the maintenance man bring a stopper as soon as he arrived. We checked out of the motel at 9 am after the maintenance man had not shown up. Any member of the staff should have been able to produce a bath tub stopper. The motel was generally disheveled and the staff was unresponsive. This motel does not deserve my business in the future.

Stayed August 2007

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Albuquerque
Reviewed March 15, 2007

My wife and I had a certificate for a free hotel night stay, and the certificate could be used for multiple hotels. I called the hotel directly 2 weeks before our stay to confirm that they would accept the certificate. They said they would and then gave me a confirmation code. Upon arrival, the person at the front desk didn't know what I was talking about. He called the manager, and she didn't know what I was talking about either. They finally let us in a room, but after returning from a hike we found our door locked. I inquired at the front desk again, and they said they would not honer the certificate even though they already told me they would.
Besides the poor customer service, the non-smoking room had a distinct smokey smell to it. I would advise people to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank BrightonTiger
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed June 30, 2006

We had a party of 7 with three rooms. For the price we should have stayed at the Microtel. Our room was clean enough. One room had spots on the carpet and a hole in the bed spread. Other room was just plain ugly. I would not stay again. Each time I walked into the room I just kept reminding myself that I was only paying $53 a night and I only had to stay 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank beauxp
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 27, 2003

Our stay here was in September with "Off Season" rates. Accomidations were very comfortable, clean & quiet, especially since our stay was over a weekend. basic cable tv was available w/approx 7-10 channels available. I believe they could provide more channels for their guests. a hook-up for a computer was available through the telephone however we did not use it. This motel does not have a pool, sauna, workout room or playroom for the kids but, it provides good service w/friendly folks attentive to your needs. if you want a good, clean, reasonable place to stay as a base, for your activities in the Pikes Peak Region, you'll find it here.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member