“Huge hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vernon,TX
“Huge hotel”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We got a room on the bottom floor.Each bottom room has a set of sliding doors and a couple of chairs on a small patio.We used these sliding doors to carry our stuff inside and it made it super simple.Everything was clean and up to date.Only thing is the bathroom is really small but the shower was awesome.Hot tub and pool is an added bonus so bring your swim wear.The beds are pillow top and we all slept very well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom allow you to load and unload your stuff easily.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Badmortarforker
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Dear BadMortarForker,

We greatly appreciate you providing your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Eleganté in Colorado Springs!

Your pleasant comments will be passed along to our staff and management, to encourage each of our associates for a job well done. The next time your travels bring you to Colorado Springs, we hope to host you yet again at Hotel Eleganté for another great experience!

Ed Okvath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Colorado
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Not knowing Colorado Springs at all, I took my chances in a good deal in a place with no name recognition (to me, anyway). I have to admit that when I pulled up, I was a little embarrassed by the cheesy entrance and the gaudy colors of the exterior. Check in was a breeze. I found my room easily ( the place is big) but was greeted with a ratty entry and a gaudy rug running the length of the hallway. The room itself was spacious and nicely appointed. It's vibe and the overall feel of the place didn't match at all.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank navkaren
Dear NavKaren,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Eleganté!

I am happy to know of your satisfaction with your room and check-in process. Your feedback is appreciated as we strive to improve every day.

The next time you return to the area we hope to host you yet again.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went to Colorado Springs to visit Manitou Springs. The hotel was really pretty as you go in it has a giant sign and welcome gate. The staff was professional and greeted us promptly. Plenty of parking but if you can park near your room because this place can be quite difficult to find your way around.

We paid for the upgraded rooms that came with free entry to a private bar for the upgraded rooms but it was kind of not worth it since all you get is a drink or two in the bar lounge. They give you free breakfast too but its just continental breakfast. There is a Best Western literally next door that has an amazing breakfast that my friend stayed at for less money than I did.

The pool area is beautiful but is loud if there are any kids. The jacuzzi is maybe a 4-6 person jacuzzi but can be cozy. There are free towels and plenty of them at the pool areas. There is an indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool/jacuzzi. Don't get a room that overlooks the pool because the air conditioner pulls in humidity from the pool area and makes everything wet feeling. We had to change rooms basically downgrade to get away from that mess.

Room Tip: Don't get the pool rooms they are the loudest and the a/c pulls in from the humid pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear Sumalik89,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Your pleasant mention of our property’s amenities and customer service are greatly appreciated.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced; reviews from our guests are important to the hotel so as improvements can be made for future and repeat guests.

Your feedback is important to us, so again thank you for review and we hope to see you again in the future at Hotel Eleganté.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a crappy hotel trying to be fancy. The hallways were disgusting and I saw the same plates and glasses sitting outside of the room next to us for 2 days. The pool was okay but the hot tub is cold! I told the teenage girl working in the pool area and she said it's Bc there were so many people in it (there were 6). This made absolutely no sense to me so I went and asked the front desk to have someone fix it and they said they would call engineering. Well apparently they called the teenager in the pool area Bc she came over and again said the hot tub was cold Bc there were too many people(5 at this point). So basically a crappy hotel with poor service. The bed was super comfy though.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Brittany S
Dear Brittany S,
Thank you for your recent review of our property. While we truly appreciate your kind mention of 13.5”Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, we are disappointed to hear that your recent visit did not exceed your expectations.

As to your comments regarding the hallway and the hot tub, we have addressed the reported lack of cleanliness and the issues concerning the hot tub during your stay to the Management Team. We sincerely apologize for this lapse in complete cleanliness and customer service and are working to improve in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback on areas in which we need to improve on. We hope to see you back with us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We checked into the hotel after a horrible experience at another motel near by. We spent a total of three nights and, for the most part, enjoyed our day. We were not in our rooms that much as we were sight-seeing most days. I will say though, that housekeeping took forever to get to our room every day. It was well after 3pm! We never did get our room completely cleaned as housekeeping would come by later afternoon when we were in our room for a break.
Front desk staff were pretty polite and attentive.
The biggest disappointment for me happened after my daughter cut her leg on a missing tile that borders the indoor pool. 911 was called and we were sent to urgent care were she received 18+ stitches. I asked to speak to hotel management the next day and they assured me that we would be taken care of and have us coupons for free meals. The unsafe area of the pool hasn't been fixed or roped off and almost a week post-accident, I haven't heard a peep from the hotel or it's liability insurance company...will be calling them today. Plus, they've charged me for the entire cost of our stay. Thumbs down on that!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Laura M
Deep River, Iowa
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My son and I stayed at the hotel for a USA Shooting event. With our USAS discount we got a great deal on the room. The room we had was very small, but sufficient for us. We had a wonderful breakfast buffet each morning for a reasonable price (no complimentary breakfast available). The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job and most other employees were courteous. Free intermet available, but very slow. Great balcony on our room, though.

The only complaint I had was that the staff in the hotel bar would not acknowledge us and we ended up leaving after asking for menus and not receiving any!! Not sure what the problem was, but I was very upset by the time we left.

The hotel was fine for what we paid, but I probably wouldn't stay there if I had to pay full price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Tina S,

Thank you for writing a review for our property, Hotel Eleganté, from your stay.
I am truly pleased to know your experience with our breakfast buffet and housekeeping services were wonderful. I can personally say that customer service is our high priority and your comments regarding the Rawhide Sports and Patio Bar lack of service has been addressed with our Management Team. I apologize for the inconvenience you had to endure.
Please keep Hotel Eleganté in mind if you are ever back in Colorado Springs, CO.

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here for a nearby lacrosse tournament. Its tucked off the street a bit. After walking by the ten commandments when entering the hotel (cool cuz I believe) we were greeted by a large lobby with a coffee/dessert shop area, sports bar, and a restaurant. From the check in line, you can look out to the indoor pool and activity area. There is another pool outdoors. Check-in was easy. We were directed to our room as well. No eager porter service was found nor the carts to help with the 7 bags we had. Our room had a functional coolness in that is was a 2 story loft suite. Down was a 3/4 bath with a couch pull out. Up was a king bed with a full bath including a double sink. All was clean but its dated in décor and the room is dark because we really could not open the window shades as there was no privacy with the pool hallway out our sliding door. Our first day room clean/turn was basically a made bed. They left towels on the floor, did not refill the coffee, and not sure if the floor was vacuumed. If you have kids, this is a cool place as there is lots to explore and do outside the room. Traveling as adults only, I would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not opening on to the enclosed pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tim K,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time out to write a review from your stay here at Hotel Eleganté in Colorado Springs, CO.
Thank you for your kind mention of our Sweet Tooth, Rawhide’s Sports Bar, and Rustler’s Country Café Restaurant. It is true that Hotel Eleganté is a great place for families to stay with the multiple pools on site- including Jacuzzis and a wading pool for children- Fun Zone, and basketball and volleyball courts. I do, however, apologize for the lack of housekeeping in your room. This is completely unacceptable and has been addressed with Housekeeping Management.
Hotel Eleganté wishes to host you again if you are ever back in the area.