“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Great location”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our room was great, they placed small fridge for my medications and brought a microwave for us. Free WiFi. Restaurant with great service and super food. Breakfast buffet a bargain. Pool is very nice- 10' deep ! So nice for swimming. Stores and restaurants nearby and access to highway is right nearby. Housekeeping service was superb. Front desk assisted with all requests for local information.

Room Tip: Ask for one nearer to the lobby/restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tracey H, Director of Sales at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive comments you posted about our new hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your positive experience and will be happy to share with each of our team members of the Hotel Eleganté.

We look forward to the opportunity of your next visit.

Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Denver, CO
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Elegante August 31 and September 1. We wanted a nice, clean hotel with outdoor pool that was near the hot air balloons festival. First impression was not great, we got there at 2pm and was told that check in was at 3pm. We needed to do a couple of things and confirmed with the front desk that our room would definitely be ready at 3pm.

We come back at 3pm, they are still waiting on housekeeping and it will be at least another 15 minutes until room is ready. Miracles of miracles, they found us a room immediately when I mentioned they said it would be ready at 3pm. I felt that the front desk staff was snotty to not only us, but to other people trying to check in.

The hotel is large! Almost Vegas large if it was on more than three floors. Our room was near the back, and it felt like we were walking through a maze to get there.

The Room:

The Good: The room itself was nice. It felt that it had been recently updated. It was large, had plenty of lights, quiet, A/C worked well, beds were extremely comfortable (though the pillows were not), and overall well appointed.

The Bad: the shower fixtures seemed to be falling apart, one small trash can for entire room, and the spider I had to kill on the bathroom wall, poor WiFi service (very slow and only one seemed to work at a time), the cable went out for several hours on Sunday afternoon.

The Pool:
Outdoor pool was nice, but it started to rain. The indoor pool was crowded with tween and teen boys that were so loud and behaved poorly to other people in the pool. (I was kicked in the face twice by someone not watching where they were swimming.) The tile around the flooring was really slippery. The hot tub was "temporarily broken" while we were there.

The restaurant:
We had a late lunch there. The service was great, the food okay. My husband really liked his smothered hamburger.

If you are avoiding carbs, avoid the breakfast buffet. Service at breakfast was really great too.

Biggest complaint is not getting the 5:45am wake up call on Monday morning. We nearly missed the balloon launch that morning. We were not happy to be running so late because we did not get the wake up call. Most hotels have an automated service, my advice would be for this hotel to get one to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the comments you posted on our hotel on the recent hotel stay in Colorado Springs. It is unfortunate that your stay was not at the expectations that our staff and management provides and we will take the necessary steps to correct each and everyone of the challenges you experienced.

Our goal is Friendliness, Cleanliness and 4 Star Elegance and I apologize that you did not receive that during your visit. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show that service level to you when your in Colorado Springs.

Please let me know of how I can be of service.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We took our chances with Priceline and got the Hotel Elegante. I was very impressed with the lobby and various on-site amenities such as the restaurants, bar, and coffee shop. There was an indoor and outdoor pool. This day it had started to rain and many guests were in the hotel due to (I guess) cancelled activities. Hopefully some of those guests will read this review...to the parents/guardians of the tween boys who ran {{ALL.OVER.THE.HOTEL}} chasing each other, throwing things at each other/at the walls, messing with the floral arrangements, yelling at each other, and playing the piano in the lobby....YOU need to get a hold of your kid(s)!!! Good God! And we wonder why society is the way it is today? I couldn't believe the behavior and the reprimands that had to finally be given out by the hotel staff. Bravo for the front desk lady that came over & stopped them from banging the keys on the grand piano. Look, I understand the "boys will be boys" thing, but this was no where near appropriate behavior. Where were you parents?? Alright, enough about that. Back to the issues of the hotel. The beds and room were very comfortable and the staff was pleasant (when they didn't have to wrangle tweens...oops, I said I was done) . I wished that I could have tried the restaurants, but ate out for reasons mentioned above. This facility is just HUGE!! Room after room after room after hallway and another hallway. Finding our room required a two page map at check-in...no kidding. We found it and then moved our car to the best entrance location on the backside of the hotel. Can a hotel be too big? I walked two miles on the treadmill in the fitness facility in the early morning and another half mile in the hallways to reach the fitness location (lol). (Not done with my rant)...What I really wanted to do was run up and down the hallways hitting the walls/doors and yelling, but I didn't know which rooms belonged to the tweens. DANG! Anyway, the room was worth the stay even with the wild ones in the building. One mention: You might have to hire someone to JUST vacuum. Miles of carpet and it is dark blue. Many of the hallways needed vacuumed. Dark blue shows everything. 4 stars instead of 5 since the property is so large and hard to navigate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share with our Staff and Management the experience you had at our hotel in Colorado Springs. Your comments are very important to us and our expectations to our guests is to provide the best in service and quality in all areas.

We will share your experience with each of our staff members to ensure that our guests in the future do not experience your frustrations or dissatisfaction.

Thank you again and please give us another opportunity to service you in the future.
Weston, Vermont
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Elegante' Conference and Event Center the last week of August 2013. When I made my reservation I requested a quiet room away from the I25 highway noise and to have a fridge and microwave in my room. All of these requests were accommodated easily without question, at no extra charge. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The main lobby, restaurant and bar all appeared to be well maintained however, other areas of the hotel seemed to be a little worn and in need of some general maintenance and upkeep. The restaurant service was friendly and efficient. The food was average. The outdoor pool was clean and enjoyable although clearly not in the same condition that is represented on the hotel website images. The chairs were worn and the towels were skimpy and tattered. I did loose a personal item in the pool area during my stay. I made 3 attempts to contact the Housekeeping Lost & Found to hopefully recover it but, unfortunately my contacts were never returned.
Overall my stay was enjoyable, comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tracey H, Director of Sales at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Ms. Crandall:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Hotel Eleganté and your wonderful comments about your stay. We were pleased that you enjoyed the new beds that we recently purchased for a good nights rest. At this time, we continue to renovate the property to better serve our guests and your opinion is very important to the staff and management of the hotel.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with our Lost & Found Department and I assure you that I will visit with our Executive Housekeeper to get this resolved.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Byron Center
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my first time seeing the hotel prior to its being upgraded. The owner spared no expense in refurbishing the facility and all the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. We were "challenged" to assess the new mattresses and their comfort. Usually, when you are asked to do that, the results are less than expected. However, these exceeded my expectations! They are very, very comfortable!!
We will be having a week long conference there next July, and were able to preview room set ups etc. The staff did an excellent job in proving they could handle a large crowd very smoothly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BobKaiser
Thank you so much for your great comments about the Hotel Eleganté during your recent stay. We are so proud of our new Simmons Beauty Rest beds and happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable.

Your comments are so important to our staff and management and we will be passing your praise on to our staff and share your experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Thank you again for business.
Surprise, AZ
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were lucky enough to be invited to the grand opening. If anyone is looking to book an event, this is the place! The new owner has poured money into upgrades in all the rooms, and extra amenities. The gala demonstrated that the facility can handle everything from a huge crowd in the ballroom, to an intimate and elegant gathering. Our room was very comfortable, with the most comfortable beds and pillows you can find. Everything has been recently re-done! Service is friendly and prompt. Give the Elegante a try!

1 Thank lotsagoldens
Good morning and thank you for the positive response to the Hotel Eleganté, we are happy that we met your expectations. Your business and relationship is important to our Staff and Management and we will be sharing your comments with our employees.

Our customers are very important to our success and your comments assist us whether negative or positive and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of our accomplishment's.

We look forward to accommodating you in the near future and we are hoping to serve you soon.

Thank you.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The location was comfortable, the rooms were well kept and the amenities were great. I liked that this hotel had both an indoor and outdoor pool as well as a playground area for people that have children. While this trip with specifically with friends, this is a place I would bring my children to stay. Additionally, my favorite thing was the sliding doors for each room that lead to the outside. It made it feel more open. I will definitely return for business, couples get-away trips, with my family and with my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Joanna B
Tracey H, Director of Sales at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Joanna,

Thank you so much for your positive reviews of our hotel and staff. Your comments are important to the success of our hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of our services.

Our Staff and Management will share your experience with our staff and we hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family once again in the near future.

Thank you again.